Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Discworld the RTD Chapter:3-Hiatus is been stomped to death.  (Read 6047 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discworld the RTD Chapter:2-BACON!?!?!?!
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2009, 11:19:12 pm »

(very very out of character: Although I suspect that 1s are more like 6s. Total and utter failure with some sort of extreme and inconvenient redeeming feature. Like, everything and everyone I know was killed in an explosion, but now I have a magical meteorite! If you roll a 1 you might become a hero, if you roll a 2 you'll just disappear...
 The whole world unashamedly runs on thematic imperative, if there is a sword in a stone then there will be a young forgotten prince ready to find it, if there is a banana peel on the ground someone will slip on it, if someone says that something is a thousand to one shot, then it is guaranteed.)
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

DaPatman

• Bay Watcher
  • GoL FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2009, 08:17:23 am »

(very very out of character: Although I suspect that 1s are more like 6s. Total and utter failure with some sort of extreme and inconvenient redeeming feature. Like, everything and everyone I know was killed in an explosion, but now I have a magical meteorite! If you roll a 1 you might become a hero, if you roll a 2 you'll just disappear...
 The whole world unashamedly runs on thematic imperative, if there is a sword in a stone then there will be a young forgotten prince ready to find it, if there is a banana peel on the ground someone will slip on it, if someone says that something is a thousand to one shot, then it is guaranteed.)

Actually, it's "million to one shots crop up nine times out of ten".
I don't want to set the world on fire
Oh wait, I do.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2009, 07:05:56 pm »

you've never read discworld have you?
The dice rolls are a game the gods are playing in heaven with the lives of mortals.  Basically a world-wide and real life rtd with real people's lives.
woops I thought it said 'ahead' but yes then hmmm I will have to change my action.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2009, 09:11:23 pm »

Chapter 3: Crazy Hiatus

I attempt to wake up and idly chat with one of those not in my party. Killing the bandits is beneath me. Charming them is not.
With a start you sit up, walking courageously into the battle you attempt to break the ice with idle chat, (4) your ability to make the weather sound interesting is amazing (4) however the bandits already know what the weather is and they are rather unaffected.

Loot the dead guy and let our walking rock deal with the other bandits.
Realizing the guy on the floor isn't quiet dead yet, you decide to loot him anyways (2) his squirming makes it impossible to get anything out of his pockets, however he does say "Don't ya atleast have the decency ta let me die before ya loot me!?!"

I NEVER SAID I WANTED TO EAT THE BACON, I ONLY WANT TO POSSES IT!

KILL!
KILL!!
KILL!!!

Going for a triple kill with a side of rage you swing wildly at the bandits (4,2,4) two of the swings actually make it to the bandits, the third hurts the air, (1,1) catching two of the bandits on the sides of their heads, you mash them together to make a sort of bloody human pancake, two lifeless and decapitated bodies drop to the floor.

I find some stationary lying around and attempt to compose a spell for turning bandits into handouts.
(3), there seems to be a rather large lack of stationary, then again what bandit worth ohis salt would know how to read let alone write?

I suppose looting stuff collecting a deserved reward from the cave is the way to go.
You begin scavenging the cave of it's meager possessions, finding a bag of gold (81) and a picture of a maiden in need of rescuing, it's signed, thanks alot but now I have to go sincerely ****
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2009, 10:18:16 pm »

zzz anyone gonna post>:X ?
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discworld the RTD Chapter:3-Hiatus is been stomped to death.
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2009, 10:24:27 pm »

I practice stealth!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2009, 10:46:30 pm »

Oooops, sorry, I think I thought I did...

I summon a familiar.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2009, 07:45:43 am »

Ask Doug exactly how he wound up as a living dagger and ask if his personality can move to other weapons. If yes then look for a nice big shiny sword. If no then just head back to Ankh.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2009, 11:16:31 pm »

Oh goodie, I love Discworld. Let me know if I can sign up at all.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2009, 12:03:11 pm »

well if shades or realmfighter don't post a turn by tommorrow, you can have one of their spots.. I don't like autoing people and they've had enough time, they can get booted and come back if they show interest later.
Nom nom nom

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2009, 12:34:20 pm »

He can replace me if he wants.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2009, 08:54:47 pm »

ok Lab's your in, just make a char sheet and I'll get ya in... bloody hell I hate slow people.... (hypocrite)
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 2 [3]