Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Cowboy mod (Why hasn't it been done?)  (Read 2247 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Cowboy mod (Why hasn't it been done?)
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2009, 11:19:29 pm »

Titan: Grand Bandito
Ettin: El Bandito Felipe
Werewolf: El Chupacabra
Wolves: Coyote
GDS: Those worm things from Tremors.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2009, 11:46:02 pm »

I dislike how gun/bullet modding is in DF :(

Now if we had a plain Native American mod, with many different tribes and all leather-type armor... that would be amazing.

Nerf farming/agriculture and make animals give more meat so more people would have gangs of hunters/rangers...

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2009, 11:59:28 pm »

Now if we had a plain Native American mod, with many different tribes and all leather-type armor... that would be amazing.

Nerf farming/agriculture and make animals give more meat so more people would have gangs of hunters/rangers...

That wouldn't be hard to do.  If you like, I can make the kobolds/feral elves in this mod controllable and engineer them to behave as your post suggests.
Also known as Zuhayr.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2009, 12:10:42 am »

Sounds good. Maybe i'll start working on something native american specific later.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2009, 02:28:15 am »

Yes, please do. I'd suggest you use Dwarves as the east-coast types, Goblins as the western Spanish, Kobolds as aztec/mexicans and Elves as Native Americans. Also, maybe the mod should be a bit more focused on above-ground building, so..more cactus/tree diversity? And get rid of the chasm-monsters and stuff?

That all sounds pretty much what I was going to do, though I was actually just going to rename the chasm-monster 'varmints'.

Also, does anyone know if you can force a civ to use stone weaponry?
I'd call vermin varmints... speaking of which, we ought to add something there, though the only thing I can think of is yellow-belly marmots.

As far as constraining to stone, I really doubt it. I assume you ask because seeing a kobold running around with bismuth bronze macahuitls is just silly? You might want to consider giving them the elven wood-only thing. I don't know, though.

That wouldn't be hard to do.  If you like, I can make the kobolds/feral elves in this mod controllable and engineer them to behave as your post suggests.
Kobolds running off with some of your cattle does seem like a good dynamic. There's no real way to get cattle to be moved by cowfolks properly, though, and stealing a live cow just wouldn't work.
Pages: 1 2 [3]