Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Dwarven Vault Project.  (Read 6700 times)

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Vault Project.
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2010, 12:01:19 pm »

Labs would like a dwarf named Labs. If any are available that is.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2010, 02:24:52 pm »

Log update, 252.

4th of Malachite.
Situation in B1 has had some progress. Test subject "Rubble" has begun to feel unhappy of her situation, sleeping on the ground and eating the same food continuously obviously aiding her discomfort.

The other test subjects in B1 have not yet begun to feel the same way, but only time will tell whether they too will succumb.

Incidentally, out of the three, Rubble is also the one with most tendency towards anger outbursts.

9th of Galena.
Rubble has stabilized. Simply talking with her friends, test subjects Tannen and Shebi, was enough to drive away her discomfort for the time being. Will monitor to see if this is a situation which would cycle out the same each time, or if she will begin a slow spiral downwards into depression.

23rd Sandstone.
The suppliers came and went, and not long after, our requested new wave of test subjects arrived.

Gomez Lordclasp, Mechanic. Assigned to Safe B3.
Snappy Chappers, Animal Caretaker. Assigned to Safe A1.
100killer9 Worthyrims, Brewer. Assigned to Safe A1.
Overlord Sackgulfs, Cheese Maker. Assigned to Safe B2.
Steve Treatysky, Fisherdwarf. Assigned to Safe C1.

Now with Safe A1 filled to the max, we hope the new individuals will be able to cause some change within the group.

With both Gomez, and Goden Gomez in the same Safe now, we are mildly amused, and mildly irritated, especially when we get their files mixed up.

2nd Timber.
Safe C1 has begun it's operation.

Experiment: Winter is a dreadful time, but even more dreadful is the arrival of Spring, and the icy lakes thawing all of a sudden!

The experiment is to observe how long it takes for a dwarf to be able to learn how to swim, after having the ice melt down below them, or if plummeting down is a death sentence without escape.

Safe B2 has begun it's operation.

The experiment is identical to B1, except the dwarves in B2 are all those who feel depressed or sad throughout their lives.

Perhaps to celebrate this new arrival of test subjects, [NAME OMITTED] decided to take a break, and create this wonderful chain.

A sign of good things to come, surely.
Here's to success.
To SCIENCE!

Zed Di Dragon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • Sandbox Mode - Enabled
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2010, 06:54:22 pm »

Test subject "Rubble" has begun to feel unhappy of her situation, sleeping on the ground and eating the same food continuously obviously aiding her discomfort

What the Armok is with that deity? "Pukewastes"? I also think SCIENCE should find out the lava thing for certain as soon as enough adamantine for a full set of armour can be procured.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2010, 07:24:26 pm »

Iteg Pukewastes is a deity of the Searing Gloves. Iteg most often takes the form of a female dwarf and is associated with deformity.

The more you know!

And if you require SCIENCE to explore magma VS adamantine, so SCIENCE shall do!

There's HFS somewhere in the site. I've yet to locate it, only the magma sources and UG pool.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2010, 07:26:56 pm »

Steve is . . . eerily similar.  I certainly hope that a piece of my hair or something hasn't mysteriously wound up in Ieb's computer.  I'd rather not share his almost assuredly grim and watery fate.

But at least my name isn't Steve.  I shudder to think of the supernatural repercussions of that dwarf having my real name.  And I'm not dependent on alcohol.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Zed Di Dragon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • Sandbox Mode - Enabled
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2010, 09:00:11 pm »

Iteg Pukewastes is associated with deformity.

The more you know!
Oh man, that's disgusting classic.

And if you require SCIENCE to explore magma VS adamantine, so SCIENCE shall do!
And this is excellent. Think of the possibilities! Entire forts intentionally flooded with 1/7 magma and every inhabitant clad with magmaproof boots!

I shall eagerly await the answers only SCIENCE can provide!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:55:14 am by Zed Di Dragon »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]