Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Hospitals using adamantine strands for suturing  (Read 21509 times)

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Hospitals using adamantine strands for suturing
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 11:26:41 pm »

Awesome. I can just imagine a war veteran, his skin woven of adamantine sutures. Dude.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 11:35:55 pm »

You sure they arent making some sort of bionic, invincible cripple?
Hahaha! Sigged!
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 06:54:30 am »

Thats an interesting theory, but after extensive testing I have found that recieving adamantine sutures to the skull does not in fact make a dwarf glow or otherwise exhibit awesome new qualities.

But it does increase their value, right? A *masterful suture* where all craftdwarfship is of the highest quality must multiply one's value by at least 12!
Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 06:56:10 am »

Try forbidding the threads and cloth till it's needed by a proper crafting station. Requires a bit more micro and you still run the risk that once its claimed the doc will run and grab it.

I eagerly await steampowered limbs for my fallen heroes crafted of the finest adamantine, Urist could use one to replace that arm he lost in the last raid...

What professions do you give to crippled dorfs? I had one that lost her right arm and went pretty soon insane and starved as she was apparently incapable of doing any of the previous jobs she held.

Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 04:20:42 am »

Hospitals need to figure out how to graft on adamantine claws, too. Then we can have Urist McWolverine.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2010, 10:10:20 pm »

I was thinking more in lines of unstoppable Dwarven Terminators. - You know.. Beings that are more adamantine than dwarf. that just will not stop.
Or maybe Dwarfbocop. - Dwarf brain in a metal body, fighting crime. You should be able to replace any bodypart with enough adamantine.

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2010, 10:12:15 pm »

Hospitals need to figure out how to graft on adamantine claws, too. Then we can have Urist McWolverine.

Adamantine fangs and claws for wardogs taht have had them ripped off!

BrakArg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2010, 03:25:32 pm »

I sealed off the strand extraction sector in case of an ambush, thieves, stupid medics, things that look like "&" (HFS).

When i want to retrieve strands i just have to lower a bridge.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 08:22:05 pm »

But: adamantine cloth and thread is nowhere to be found in the stockpile options.
If something is placed in a stockpile but there's no way of assigning it directly, then enabling the whole category and disabling the options one by one will cause that something to be the only thing accepted in said stockpile.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

sicksock

• Bay Watcher
  • Incompetent Marksman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 10:49:24 pm »

Haha.  That NTTRCKR thing didn't work, though... the new forum search engine decided not to index it.  Except now it is working for some reason!  Cool, maybe I'll mark some other threads now.
Freaking fungus, more fodder for my hellebore cannons
"I've been a bad, bad little Dwarf and I must simply be beaten. Oh don't use a weapon, use your bare hands and make me feel it"

Valience

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 03:13:43 pm »

What I always do is I make a "vault" stockpile.. a room with a locked door/raised bridge/whatever and a custom stockpile with the stuff I want saved.

Anyway it'll take some micro to save it. But I guess that's how it should be.

Adding more micro for the sake of saving something when there already exists a framework that could be adapted to easily prevent said micro is bad design. Therefore, it is not as it should be.

Adding in proper adamantine options to stockpiles shouldn't be hard if they do not exist, and having some hospital screen that allows you to set what quality and/or material stocked items can have should also be easy. Barring that, simply making it stock the lowest quality and lowest value items first would help to prevent this.
Regardless of what I said previously, DF elves don't chop. They merely coax the wood out of a tree in a manner which is probably sexual. So yes, they are terrible, terrible beings.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 09:18:09 am »

This problem is obviously due to dwarven socialized medicine.  Start making them pay for the threads, and see what they use.

(sorry, couldn't help meself)
Pages: 1 [2]