Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Mean Little Men [Succession]  (Read 14629 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Mean Little Men [Succession]
« Reply #180 on: January 10, 2009, 08:05:21 am »

Only into the part that's walled off!  You know, the one with all the bridges.  :)
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 13, 2009, 10:22:35 am »

Oh yeah, how could I forget the bridges. Those have SO proven themselves to be a deterrent to tragedy.

Your idea works in theory, too bad it fails in every other way.

Oh yeah, back in character:

---------------------------------------------------

ChaoticJosh the 2nd's journal: all of summer

I've decided that regular fucking windows isn't good enough for my tower, so i have a plethora of GEM windows built, quickly depleting this craphole's stock of cut gems in the process. I have our three available gem cutters (the one we had, and two that came in the immigration wave) to cutting the large amount of uncut gems we have and i set miners to intense exploratory mining. One of the miners, i noticed, is egregiously injured for some reason, something lopped his frickin' arm off for crying out loud. I pull aside one of our new peasants and tell him he's a miner now to make up.

Work is going SO SMOOTHLY, it's amazing what these dunderheads can do when you hit them hard enough. Why, just the other day I... OH MY GOD WHATS THAT!?

A siege? REALLY? we're getting sieged! Wow, imagine that. Right at the start of the month too! Now the Humies'll be scared off! I was looking forward to insulting them for their beardlessness too. Let's see, there is about 18 gobbo's there, most of'em bowgoblins too. I'm glad i fixed the damage to my security tunnel, so now their routed!

I would put more pictures to the siege journal, but it was QUITE disappointing. They ever so slowly charged through the security tunnel, hitting EVERY SINGLE TRAP that was sparcely laid out for just such an occasion, and right when they were getting to the end, they gave up and started slowly retreating! I wouldn't tolerate not-dead gobbos, so i sent the champion squad to go finish'em off, they did a very good job. Momuz chased one a good half-mile before catching up and slaughtering it. it was a very entertaining sight.

The lousy Baroness steps out of her room and declares she's a Duchess, and that this is a Duchy now. BIG FRICKIN' WOOP!

Oh wait, it is a big deal after all, a MailDwarf arrived and told me the King was interested in a visit, but that we had to do certain things first...

That asshole king wants to come here! The nerve! This place is bad enough, but he wants to come and make it worse himself! Amazing, simply amazing!

It's almost the end of summer, and the second tower is shaping up nicely! all the floors and walls and the ceiling is done! Now it just needs to be furnished! Oh wait! one of my miners has gone into a fey mood you say? HE'S MADE AN ARTIFACT ARMOR STAND YOU SAY???

Yes, it will certainly do, I am very pleased with this. This is the most impeccable timing i've ever seen. I will place this in my bedroom at the top of the tower, and it will be magnificent. The creator will most certainly be rewarded, right after he GETS DONE MINING GODDAMNIT GET BACK TO WORK!

After that, other than a lone and quickly squealched tantrum, their is no other news for summer.

------------------

OOC: I'm not sure what to do Qloos. Should I fulfill the conditions to get the King or can I ignore him without breaking the rules of the challenge?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 13, 2009, 07:30:02 pm »

As one of the contributors the high architecture (electrum arch and the vault  ;D) I vote get the king.

But as host of the game, Qloos has the final say.  This ain't a democracy.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2009, 10:44:08 pm »

ChaoticJosh the 2nd's journal: all of Autumn

Yes! My towers are nearly complete! the top floor of the second tower has been given a suitable set of gem windows (each tower uses about 60 gems each).

and with all the floors done, i only need to furnish it. Cue PARADE of statues! Statues on EVERY floor, against EVERY wall. On the roof? NOTHING BUT STATUES!

oh, and to spice things, up, i've tied up the last cougar cub with a masterwork rope next to my new bed. IT IS CUDDLY AND IT WILL BE SO!

The Dwarven caravan come and other than buying out all the valuables, i give them the requisite amount of offering the King OH-SO-NEEDS atop his high-horse.

Trouble is brewing though, i have no fucking idea what the hell happened, but people are freaking out about it.

Ok guys, I know, i've been working you to death for a while now, i think it's time that everyone just caaaaalm down. We can take a break until Winter, and then we... AW HELL!

Ingish the Donkey died!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! That is it! I'm making sure that my tower gets down NO MATTER HOW MANY DIE IN THE PROCESS!

Place those statues faster! Theirs only a couple hundred left to go! AHAHAHA!

Look how unhappy you are!

All the statues are placed! The roof staircase is destroyed and the resulting shockwave sends a child flying into the arms of a nearby statue. It's a beautiful and hilarious sight alright! I use the remainder of the blocks to pave over my POW execution island from my first turn of leadership, so the place looks nicer.

Their is death everywhere! People won't stop fighting! Many Legendaries, including the Legendary blacksmith and armorsmith have already died in the senseless violence! Their is a revelation though...

Wow, the Royal guard becomes more experienced from killing royalty! Whodda thought?!

OH HEY! THAT DUCHESS BITCH HAD A MIGHTY FINE ARTIFACT TABLE!!! I'LL JUST BE TAKING THAT UP TO MY TOWER, THANK YOU!

People die and kill more and more every day. More and more vandalism is being committed as the hours dwindle. The fort guard can only do so much to quell the violence, but it only drives the masses to commit increasingly heinous acts. Their is not a dwarf that cannot say they have not seen the death of an innocent child. Towards what end do they fight? For less blood, or more? It is almost like a spiral, a spiral that is far removed from myself, who has few friends to worry about. Yes, so far removed from me, all this trouble, it is alien to me now. All I can do is sit atop my luxurious tower, on my golden chair (the last thing the legend Fikod ever made), Sip whip wine on my artifact table, look down through my gem windows, and judge the puny weak nobodies who struggle and die for no reason. That sight is beautiful, mighty beautiful indeed.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 20, 2009, 10:07:24 am »

rename that royal gaurd who killed the duchess Stoneyface Vimes!

somepeople will get the reference
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]