Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: SPAM_CITY-STATE: Tyrant Gezhugimiluk "the Warmaster" of Gedur!  (Read 9176 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAM_CITY-STATE: Tyrant Gezhugimiluk of Gedur!
« Reply #180 on: June 03, 2024, 01:55:26 am »

Thing is, if we secure their total capitulation, what then? We almost certainly don't have the capacity to annex the city yet. If we impose harsh vassalage, they'll probably rebel as soon as our backs are turned. If we cripple the city, we'll tank our reputation in the region.
I'd rather earn a reputation for being harsh but fair. Which doesn't require their total capitulation, negotiations should suffice.
Also, in the event that negotiations break down, we can still continue the siege.

B
Long Live United Forenia!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 04, 2024, 01:43:15 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 07, 2024, 11:39:59 am »

You show off the general and send soldiers, who cautiously reach arrow distance to make known your willingness to negotiation, before quickly backing off under the enemy’s fire. For the two following days, it seems the Nenubilanurians are determined to hold until the bitter end.

Military roll: 15 (On the edge success)

Then you are woke up in the middle of the night. Your patrols had intercepted three men in a chariot leaving the city in haste, killing two and capturing the wounded last one. Upon "questioning", the prisoner revealed they were to convince the neighboring Gedurian tribes to help Nenubilanur, in exchange for extensive rights and rewards.
Luckily, your rigorous encirclement avoided this disastrous scenario. Hopefully.

Next day, the Nenubilanurians seem open to discuss, as a delegation of a dozen of nobles ride on chariots from the city gates. Upon meeting on equal distance from both sides, their chief, a young man in expensive garments and with a well-groomed beard salutes you.
"I am Prince Nerdaz, son of Galedar. I was send by my father, the king, to hear your offer for peaceful resolution on this conflict."

A) "And I am more than willing to tell it." - Open answer, you can expose your offer (i.e. city status towards Gedur, war reparations, hostages… The harsher it is, the harder will be the malus on the roll)
B) "You are just buying time, I cannot negotiate with someone without good faith."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 07, 2024, 12:02:24 pm »

A1: The following items:
-Reparations of enough wealth to satisfy our army's need for loot. (Obviously there's no such thing as enough loot to make soldiers say "actually that's enough, thanks", but that isn't the goal- the goal is enough that our soldiers won't have room to complain they haven't been compensated for risking their lives.)
-Reparations to Gedur equivalent to one pip of treasury. (I'm assuming their economy is roughly equivalent to ours, so this shouldn't be a crippling demand)
-The formal cessation of Nenub's dominion over Ewadd, and the recognition of our... special alliance with them.
-Total peace, in which neither side retains a grievance that could justify war, and both promise not to attack the other without a new casus belli.
-A royal hostage, to guarantee the peace.

I feel like this is a fair demand? Probably? Maybe a bit generous, if anything, but we can afford that.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 12:15:23 pm by NUKE9.13 »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 07, 2024, 01:22:01 pm »

-Reparations of enough wealth to satisfy our army's need for loot. (Obviously there's no such thing as enough loot to make soldiers say "actually that's enough, thanks", but that isn't the goal- the goal is enough that our soldiers won't have room to complain they haven't been compensated for risking their lives.)
-Reparations to Gedur equivalent to one pip of treasury. (I'm assuming their economy is roughly equivalent to ours, so this shouldn't be a crippling demand)
-The formal cessation of Nenub's dominion over Ewadd, and the recognition of our... special alliance with them.
-Total peace, in which neither side retains a grievance that could justify war, and both promise not to attack the other without a new casus belli.

I feel like this is a fair demand? Probably? Maybe a bit generous, if anything, but we can afford that.
Sure, this is fine. Stipulate that the royal hostage should be Prince Nerdy himself, because it's funny.

Oh, wait, no, I do have something to add: They shall send us a tithe of their warriors to recoup the losses their belligerence inflicted upon our innocent soldiery. Just one level of army (or whatever the actual base unit is) should be fine, no need to import any more potential dissent into the ranks than that. Providing a levy is an important gesture of submission.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 01:28:42 pm by Maximum Spin »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 08, 2024, 01:02:49 am »

Sure, this is fine. Stipulate that the royal hostage should be Prince Nerdy himself, because it's funny.

Oh, wait, no, I do have something to add: They shall send us a tithe of their warriors to recoup the losses their belligerence inflicted upon our innocent soldiery. Just one level of army (or whatever the actual base unit is) should be fine, no need to import any more potential dissent into the ranks than that. Providing a levy is an important gesture of submission.
+1 Sounds good to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 11, 2024, 03:22:08 am »

Aside the usual war reparation, booty for your soldiers and the more rare body tithe for your army, you also include plenty political demands that should confirm the current power balance between the two cities, none of the smallest is asking the actual negotiator to be hostage at Gedur.

Prince Nerdaz frowns his browns. "I’ll tell your demands to my father", he says curtly, before turning round with his retinue.

Diplomacy roll: 1D20 + 2 (slightly harsh conditions) = 4 (Great success)

Conscious to be cornered, the king of Nenubilanur accepts unilaterally the conditions of the peace treaty, and you bring back to Gedur your army, prince Nerdaz and the few able bodied men left in the city, mustered for the quota.

Congratulations! Tyrant Gezhugimiluk has successfully returned from his campaign!

As your troops disband or return to their caserns, you ponder your achievements. Nenubilanur pacified, Ewadd bound willingly to Gedur. The surviving Namorrians returning with their fair share of wealth to Tell Anak, which you saved from Zepat earlier this year. No doubt your deeds will be sung in the future.

Rumors tell it that you are now nicknamed "the Warmaster"!

Winter, 306 AC

While you were smithing your ennemies, the so-said "Restorer" of the Neo-Kalkan kingdom was apparently busy with his own battles. Hearsays endlessly debate on the vicious and deadly treatment he reserved to the Namorrians he captured in the city of Dasur, which was conquered by the hillsmen a decade prior.

307 AC

Following the intense last year, you eagerly wait for the figures on your throne to shift.

Stability: ++
Army: -
Treasury: +
Population: =

While the recruitment and the tithe just barely kept your army of the same size than before the war, the series of victories you had certainly did good to your legitimacy in Gedur! Not mentioning the tribute who replenished the victory.

Spring, 307 AC

Your palace guards wriggle before you. "My lord, you have a visitor, you… You should see that."
Intrigued, you ask for more infos.
"He claims to be from the West. A Navilim, he said, though I don’t know any city from that name."

A) "Then stop squirming around and bring him here!"
B) "From the west? Bah, only bad news arrive from the west!"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAM_CITY-STATE: Tyrant Gezhugimiluk "the Warmaster" of Gedur!
« Reply #187 on: June 11, 2024, 03:35:23 am »

A

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 11, 2024, 04:15:50 am »

A

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 11, 2024, 08:43:52 am »

"I can see your worries for the east, but do not forget the dangers that lie below. Old foes long forgotten will come. A tall creature from the west will come. Shall you allow him, his line will be intertwined with yours, for worst and better, until the dusk of your times."
Well, we've just had old foes, albeit perhaps not 'long forgotten'. But we should probably keep an eye on the height of this stranger, and be very careful about any deals we make with them (if they are indeed tall).

A

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 12, 2024, 08:54:13 am »

You order the man to be brought to the throne room. Once the man enters, you immediately understand the hesitation of your guards.

This man has a striking appearance. Shoulder-long brown hair, braided beard and dark, intimidating eyes that pierce right through their interlocutor. His clothes, despite being the simple ones of a craftsman, are obviously of fine quality.
And, well, the fact that he is a good two meters and half tall.

The man bows his head (not that it makes him anything smaller) before speaking with a grave, booming voice.

"Lord of Gedur, I am Eldunak, son of Legedor, grandson of Grazdan. I come from the distant city of Gatahann, in the west, and I humbly ask for exile before you.
- My guards said you came from Navilim."

The giant shakes his head.

"The Navilim is the name of my people, and Gatahann is but one city of ours.
- What made you leave your people, then?
- My people is ruled by a cast called the Rephaites, vile but powerful beings. They indulge into depraved and bloody feasts, bleeding dry my people and setting a reign of terror unheard since the era of the Fallen Angels. I grew tired of it."

Under the scrutinizing gaze of Eldunak, you ponder your next question before responding.

"What do you expect from me then?
- A place to live without the constant fear of being tracked would already be a great gift.
- You are tracked?"

The giant shrugs.

"I am not certain, but I would not be surprised. The Rephaites are jealous and possessive of their livestock."

As the silence grows increasingly long in the throne room, you ponder your options.
Accepting the exiled giant might attract the ire of these "Rephaites". On the other hand, these folk seem to be really far away from here as you barely ever heard of them… Notwithstanding, having a giant might open new and unexpected doors for the future of Gedur.

A) "I welcome you into my palace, where we will assure your protection."
B) "You can live inside the city, but your safety against your trackers is your responsibility."
C) "You can only take rest for a few days before leaving the city."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 12, 2024, 02:00:18 pm »

Well, do we want to 'intertwine our line' with these... giant vampire thralls?
It could be amusing, but there's no obvious benefit to doing so.
I'd say let them stay in the city, but not the palace. Maybe we can find something they'd be good for later on, in which case it would be a shame to have kicked them out entirely.

B

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 13, 2024, 01:34:20 am »

B

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 30, 2024, 02:33:18 pm »

A
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: Today at 02:14:15 am »

B
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]