Magenta
- 0 (0%)
Yellow
- 1 (33.3%)
Black
- 1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Fork: 5. [SG]  (Read 5511 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fork: 4. [SG]
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2020, 02:22:20 pm »

Fork: “why did the music change?”

Fork: “I was decapitated after/while falling. Any idea what caused that?”

-1 to both of these.  We obviously haven't been decapitated, and we're suffering from a time loss, so it'd be much better to ask something like "How long were we out? or "What did you see happen to us, rather than "Do you know what's going on, person who doesn't know what's going on?"  ie, sticking to establishing facts rather than theories.

(My rec for the third fork would be..)

I think..  I think I just died.  What happens when someone dies here?"

ie, a question that is open-ended that can lead to more interesting narration and gets to what we really want to know, instead of vaguely hinting that we've suffered from some sort of phantom injuries.  May as well get to the heart of the matter, and it might let us find out if other people can fork or if it's just us, without letting everyone know exactly what we can do, should we have a unique abililty and stick to this fork.
+1

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
Fork: 5. [SG]
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2020, 07:15:31 am »

|
|
Scramble away from the warden in fear and confusion, and then run off into the woods.
You leap up to your feet and start running. Away, into the foliage. You crash through...
What feels like a thin sheet of leaves, then you're immediately in open ground again. Somehow, you're in an overgrown town in the jungle. There are some people milling about, many of which seem to have plant parts growing out of them, and a few of which seem to be plant... people. You find yourself insinctively slowing down to observe.

You hear the warden say from behind you "Very well. Come back when you're ready." And the shuffling of leaves. Glancing back, the place you emerged from is hidden in the foliage.

One of the people, a girl in a somewhat elaborate dress with wide leaves sprouting from her head in place of hair, takes notice of you and leaps up from where she's sitting and runs up to you, launching into enthusiastic conversation. "Executor! You're awake! My name is Auste, Ilan told me to help you! What's you name? How are you feeling?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
|
|
"I think..  I think I just died.  What happens when someone dies here?"
You prop yourself up and shake your head, feeling disoriented.

"I think..  I think I just died.  What happens when someone dies here?"
"Well, you seem physically fine. Are you sure that what you saw really happened?
And... Executor, I can answer your questions, but maybe it would be best for you to get to grips with your own knowledge first? You can't trust me or the other Wardens to have your best interests in mind."

|
|
"...I think you just killed me."
You cross your arms over your chest, feeling cold contemplating how easily the Warden killed you.

"...I think you just killed me."
The Warden takes a seat and silently contempates this for a moment. All you hear is the forest playing its soft, almost relaxing song.
"I'm sorry."

|

<-

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Fork: 5. [SG]
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2020, 08:00:21 am »

A: "Err, greetings girl, I am known as Wabbit. I'm feeling rather confused actually, it seems that I might be dealing with a strange case of amnesia. Why do you call me Executor? What is an Executor exactly? And what is this place?"

B: "What do you mean I can't trust you or the other Wardens to have my best interests in mind? Are you telling me not to trust anyone who is a Warden, yourself included? Why is that?"

C: "It's okay, I'm apparently still alive. Not sure how that works, but anyway. So uh, what's with this music? I mean it's nice but do forests usually have music?"
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2020, 09:06:18 am »

((I did a 1-word retcon to turn 4 in addition to changing Ilan's speech color for thematic and practical reasons.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2020, 09:28:38 am »

A: "Err, greetings girl, I am known as Wabbit. I'm feeling rather confused actually, it seems that I might be dealing with a strange case of amnesia. Why do you call me Executor? What is an Executor exactly? And what is this place?"

B: "What do you mean I can't trust you or the other Wardens to have my best interests in mind? Are you telling me not to trust anyone who is a Warden, yourself included? Why is that?"

C: "It's okay, I'm apparently still alive. Not sure how that works, but anyway. So uh, what's with this music? I mean it's nice but do forests usually have music?"

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2020, 01:54:07 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]