Magenta
- 0 (0%)
Yellow
- 1 (33.3%)
Black
- 1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Fork: 5. [SG]  (Read 5513 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Fork: 3 [SG]
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2020, 03:06:48 am »

Attempt to burrow into the concrete again.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fork: 3 [SG]
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2020, 04:25:32 am »

Attempt to burrow into the concrete again.
+1 Best idea right here.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
Fork: Loading... [SG]
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2020, 10:30:42 pm »

I am tired. Time for another one of these.

Loading Screen tip: This is hell, by the way.

I wrote a bunch of these for Refine, many of which are less appropriate for this game. I could write more, but that would be work. What a paradox!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Fork: Loading... [SG]
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2020, 12:41:41 am »

Name ourselves Wabbit (aka fork-bomb).

PTW

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
Fork: 4 [SG]
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2020, 05:43:45 am »

Okay, that got pretty long.

Fork.
Fork.
|
|
Proceed with confidence.
You follow the Warden out the door. Checking back, it would seem that you just walked out of a space-defying doorway set upright in the dirt. Hm.

The Warden leads you down a narrow path through thick trees. Noticing a sound coming from above, you look up and see strange birds singing, and even stranger plants like moving strings up in the canopy. They all move together to produce a song. A faintly familiar melody.

(As an addition to the "proceed" action, ask her where "here" is.)
"You said here. What do you mean by that?
"I mean this plane, this universe. Souls arrive here from outside, and never leave, never are destroyed. From outside, this place would seem a hell; a trap that can never be escaped from. But if we're stuck here anyways, why concern ourselves with how it appears from outside? For our purposes, practically, this is All That Is."
|
/
|
Jump into the hole, to see where it leads.
You peer down the hole. The light flowing into the room reveals a jagged wall of rock, then... nothing. Darkness. The Warden clears her throat. You jump in.

The light from above passes away, and you're left in darkness. You see nothing, you feel weightless. If not for the air rushing past your head you would sense nothing at all. You float like this for... your brain doesn't keep track. You feel your heart race.
Then something approaches, the sensation lasting only a moment before you
mpack
|
X
|
Mind-stun this person with our aura of intimidation, to prepare her for proper interrogation.
If it's possible to change material by your will, surely it's possible to do the same to people. You... think out to the Warden, actualizing your perception of her like your perception of the rock, and considering a way in which she could be different in an unseen way. Subserviant to you, fearful, maybe.

Nothing seems to happen. Would you know if anything had, you wonder? Maybe you need to try this differently. The ground moved while you were touching it, maybe this requires physical access?

Moving as silently as possible, you approach the Warden's back and touch her, putting your palm on the armor plate covering her back while instantly thinking the command you tried before. [10] This time, you feel you think something, a sensible click which tells you that you have successfully tried a thing.

The First Warden moves quickly, turning to face you, making distance, and drawing her sword all within the same movement. Her blade is a thin line of glowing blue, held in the space separating you.
"An interesting attempt."
|
/

|
A sudden shock strikes you. You close your eyes and grip your head, feeling sick. You remember, just a moment ago, striking something hard, pain through your whole body. You expect that pain to continue, but it never happened and you feel only numbness by comparison. You- you feel fine, but thoughts surface of damage, analyzing the feeling of just a split second of broken bones, splintering out through your skin.
You double over and vomit. Your hands touch the soft ground of the trail.

You feel something cold grip your shoulder. "What's wrong, Executor?" You hear Ilan say, a little softer than her usual voice...
|
|
A sudden shock strikes you. You close your eyes and grip your head, feeling sick. You remember, just a moment ago, striking something hard, pain through your whole body. You expect that pain to continue, but it never happened and you feel only numbness by comparison. You- you feel fine, but thoughts surface of damage, analyzing the feeling of just a split second of broken bones, splintering out through your skin.
You double over and vomit. Your hands touch the hard stone floor.

You barely notice the hum from that blue blade before it strikes you, searing...
You fall...
|
X

|
It just got worse. You feel a second impact on you. You think the worst part is how familiar this feels. You almost feel like you can remember having your head chopped off... many, many more times than this.
[7]
Maybe it would be easier if you just-
|
X

|
Finally, you open your eyes. Still in the forest, but now in a small clearing, and the... forest is making a slightly different song.
You are lying on a stone bench, which is accompanied by an overgrown stone fountain in the center of the clearing as well as various other ruins.

The warden is standing near the center of it all, giving you a grave expression.
"So, you're awake. Do you mind telling me if you know what just happened to you?"

Name ourselves Wabbit (aka fork-bomb).
...Noted.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
|

<- ->
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 07:19:12 am by Egan_BW »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fork: 4. [SG]
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2020, 06:13:25 am »

A:”I think so, why did the music change?”

B: “I feel like I died numerous times, why did the music change?”

C: “I don’t think so, why did the music change?”
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 12:26:17 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2020, 06:15:49 am »

That's an odd boldtext. You're currently unforked. If you want to vote to fork, please say so explicitly. Like this:

Fork.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2020, 06:16:16 am »

-1 to all three.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2020, 06:28:12 am »

-1 to all three.
ok, what do you propose instead?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2020, 06:51:11 am »

Fork: "...I think you just killed me."

Fork: Scramble away from the warden in fear and confusion, and then run off into the woods.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2020, 08:45:08 am »

Fork: Scramble away from the warden in fear and confusion, and then run off into the woods.

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2020, 10:54:09 am »

-1 to all three.
ok, what do you propose instead?

At least one that does something, and probably a talking option that allows for some conversation to be done instead of the same question repeated three times.  I'll post something after work.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2020, 11:02:22 am »

+1
+1
Other forks
Fork: “why did the music change?”

Fork: “I was decapitated after/while falling. Any idea what caused that?”
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 12:30:12 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2020, 11:59:59 am »

This seems really forking interesting, PTW.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2020, 01:37:13 pm »

Fork: “why did the music change?”

Fork: “I was decapitated after/while falling. Any idea what caused that?”

-1 to both of these.  We obviously haven't been decapitated, and we're suffering from a time loss, so it'd be much better to ask something like "How long were we out? or "What did you see happen to us, rather than "Do you know what's going on, person who doesn't know what's going on?"  ie, sticking to establishing facts rather than theories.

(My rec for the third fork would be..)

I think..  I think I just died.  What happens when someone dies here?"

ie, a question that is open-ended that can lead to more interesting narration and gets to what we really want to know, instead of vaguely hinting that we've suffered from some sort of phantom injuries.  May as well get to the heart of the matter, and it might let us find out if other people can fork or if it's just us, without letting everyone know exactly what we can do, should we have a unique abililty and stick to this fork.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4