Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Trenchgrind: An Arms Race Antithesis  (Read 3465 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Trenchgrind: An Arms Race Antithesis
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2018, 07:44:26 am »

Joining whichever side has less people. Is that still Marseille?
Looks like it.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2018, 07:05:32 am »

Joining whichever side has less people. Is that still Marseille?

Both sides have about 4 people in their general staff at the moment...
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2018, 07:12:31 am »

February 1914

Marseille spends all its efforts on recruitment. Deutchland increases its mobilization rate, rallying the people to sign up for its armies faster!

Deutchland also reaches out to the kingdom of netherlands.

[4]

The Netherlands maintains its position of strict neutrality, citing dreams of world peace under the recently drafted Hague conventions of 1907. But your diplomats sow doubts into the minds of their leaders, painting those slimy Marseillian frogs as belligerent and untrustworthy.

The Netherlands becomes more sympathetic to the Deutchland cause.

The Netherlands becomes more suspicious of Maerseille's Motives.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 07:15:39 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2018, 08:37:30 am »

For more precise troop placement we're going to do this:

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/18539?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Get map coordinates for every company deployed. So their position won't get messed up when we need to adjust map views.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2018, 12:04:28 pm »

Also, according to the internet, each degree of latitude and longitude is ~69 KM apart. So that should help with quick math.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2018, 02:39:14 pm »

I found some world war one footage: remastered with color!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXv-MrmqMME

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2018, 03:07:28 pm »

When we do deploy, will we be using the map in the OP (and its French Marseillaise Alsace-Lorraine,) or will you have a different one for us to use?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2018, 03:31:10 pm »

Working on it:

I would put together several map sections of the front. But perhaps from April the armies can start deploying in staging areas that will serve as support zones to the front lines before we go into micro detail of placing every single battalion and company in the trenches.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2018, 09:36:13 am »

Posted the April turns on both threads, but I'm still meditating on how to implement deployment of troops.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2018, 02:11:30 pm »

Assumed this was dead, went ahead and read the German thread for lols.

Given who's on the french team... I wouldn't presume them to be that competent. Really. Though even then, ensuring that we do it is a way to ensure we're in a good position

Ouch :P . It was interesting to see how the other side thought, won't spoil too much in case I am totally wrong about this being dead.

But the Frenchies totally would have won XP.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]