Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Trenchgrind: Deutchland  (Read 3088 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Trenchgrind: Deutchland
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 06:48:08 pm »

It was one of the things mentioned.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 07:13:54 pm »

PTW

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2018, 07:32:15 pm »

More steel means more artillery, guns and such. But getting the dutch and the belgians onside would not be amiss. More troops will be needed though, and they don't need much steel to be trained which frees up more production to funnel into the artillery. We should avoid getting any super-heavy guns though.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2018, 07:34:54 pm »

Right now, my ideal army is the fully trench armored army of regulars with light artillery support for clearing out hostile troops, backed with heavy artillery for counterbattery fire. We don't need raw numbers of soldiers so much as we need the steel for artillery and trench armor. They don't call artillery the "lord of war" for nothing, right?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2018, 07:54:34 pm »

Indeed. Though looking in the main thread light artillery is far more desirable due to being far more effective per ton than any other artillery type. We should aim to ensure our infantry divisions always have an artillery regiment to support them before trying to go into heavy guns; counterbattery fire is useless if we're consistently breaking their lines with lighter guns before they get a chance to fire with anything heaver.

Hell, if anything spamming light guns would work due to there being no range difference between the two.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 07:55:40 pm »

I suspect the French may try a similar strategy.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 08:20:06 pm »

Given who's on the french team... I wouldn't presume them to be that competent. Really. Though even then, ensuring that we do it is a way to ensure we're in a good position

That being said though, right now we only have 7 divisions fully supplied, with another 4 having their full infantry compliment. We're going to need more manpower now if we want enough decently trained, using a few boosts to mobilisation and steel industry to ensure that we have our precious steel to outfit our troops.

Deutchland Divisional Register:
1. Infanterie-Division (10000 Men; 3 Infantry regiments (12 Companies, 9000 Men W/Trench Armour), 1 Light Artillery Regiment (4 Batteries, 100 guns)
2. Infanterie-Division (10000 Men; 3 Infantry regiments (12 Companies, 9000 Men W/Trench Armour), 1 Light Artillery Regiment (4 Batteries, 100 guns)
3. Infanterie-Division (10000 Men; 3 Infantry regiments (12 Companies, 9000 Men W/Trench Armour), 1 Light Artillery Regiment (4 Batteries, 100 guns)
4. Infanterie-Division (10000 Men; 3 Infantry regiments (12 Companies, 9000 Men W/Trench Armour), 1 Light Artillery Regiment (4 Batteries, 100 guns)
5. Infanterie-Division (10000 Men; 3 Infantry regiments (12 Companies, 9000 Men W/Trench Armour), 1 Light Artillery Regiment (4 Batteries, 100 guns)
6. Infanterie-Division (10000 Men; 3 Infantry regiments (12 Companies, 9000 Men W/Trench Armour), 1 Light Artillery Regiment (4 Batteries, 100 guns)
7. Infanterie-Division (10000 Men; 3 Infantry regiments (12 Companies, 9000 Men W/Trench Armour), 1 Light Artillery Regiment (4 Batteries, 100 guns)
8. Infanterie-Division (10000 Men; 3 Infantry regiments (12 Companies, 9000 Men W/Trench Armour), 1 Light Artillery Regiment (4 Batteries, 100 guns [HALF STRENGTH])
9. Infanterie-Division (10000 Men; 3 Infantry regiments (12 Companies, 9000 Men W/Trench Armour), 1 Light Artillery Regiment (4 Batteries, 100 guns [NOT PRESENT])
10. Infanterie-Division (10000 Men; 3 Infantry regiments (12 Companies, 9000 Men W/Trench Armour), 1 Light Artillery Regiment (4 Batteries, 100 guns [NOT PRESENT])
11. Infanterie-Division (10000 Men; 3 Infantry regiments (12 Companies, 9000 Men W/Trench Armour), 1 Light Artillery Regiment (4 Batteries, 100 guns [NOT PRESENT])
12. Infanterie-Division (10000 Men; 3 Infantry regiments [1 MISSING] (12 Companies, 9000 Men W/Trench Armour), 1 Light Artillery Regiment (4 Batteries, 100 guns [NOT PRESENT])
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 10:00:14 pm by Taricus »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2018, 09:31:23 pm »

Is this just what we can train now, not counting income? Because if that's the case, it looks like we need more steel, rather than more men. I suspect we're going to have to do some budgeting, figure out what we'll HAVE compared to what we'll NEED (By the end of our six months before we go to the day-by-day turns. Those are going to kill this game, mark my words.)

Also, darnit, I can't believe the lights and heavies don't have different ranges. That's just kind of silly, but w/e. Makes our ideal army easier to field, I suppose. Unless we REALLY want to play the stupidity game, and utilize a few superheavies to go Ultimate Sniping on their artillery batteries.

The artillery numbers that we'll be fielding in your plan, Taricus, seem kinda light compared to, at least, the US divisional organization in WWI. I couldn't find any others, but for ~four infantry regiments it looks like the US 1st Infantry Division had 1 heavy artillery regiment and 2 light regiments, plus a mortar regiment.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2018, 09:33:51 pm »

That's probably just how many guns are in a battery in this game. Usually it's 12 guns per battery, so they're smaller than their real life counterparts.

EDIT: SHIT WHOOPS forgot there was more guns in per battery. Fixed now
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 09:59:29 pm by Taricus »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2018, 10:14:13 pm »

How about the rest of the questions?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2018, 10:22:44 pm »

Not really much else in the rest of the questions; especially this is kashyyk's current plan, just put into an organised and nice looking format for the units that we'll get out of it. And do remember that we've only three infantry regiment per artillery regiment, and our artillery is pretty heavily overgunned compared to an US artillery regiment AFAIK

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2018, 10:46:17 pm »

Honestly, the way I see it, Switzerland is probably the hardest to actually convince to join the war, and we should just focus on the two countries to the north that actually matter. We also should probably only attack around the Maginot line and just have all troops on our side of it dig in and let them throw themselves at us and build up a defensive pile of human shields as they die.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2018, 10:56:36 pm »

WWI, no maginot line to speak of whatsoever.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2018, 12:07:43 am »

The French boarder was heavily defended in WW1 still, anyway, your production plan would be fine if you didn't give everyone trench armour, we could have 10 divisions with infantry equipment and full arty if we use everything we currently have this turn.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2018, 02:10:58 am »

The way I understand it is that we gain 2500 tons of Steel per turn regardless, but we only get more soldiers if we spend PP to recruit them.

Whilst I appreciate upgrading our steel production is good, we can't sacrifice our recruitment for it.

Thus I say we should put 2 PP into steel at most, and the rest into recruitment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6