Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The Magitocracy of Aerowell OOC  (Read 8088 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magitocracy of Aerowell OOC
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2017, 01:45:39 pm »

The right to rule of the eight mages and their descendants. (we don't want anyone replacing us)
We do want a clause allowing new players/mage houses to replace in.
Good point. Should probably be 'Those blessed by the angel'. Vague enough that it could mean either 'any mage' if we want to introduce a new house, or just us if any NPC mages come knocking.

I'd like to see one of us as chairman, to make council turns go more smoothly.
Hmm, yeah. I think Roboson would like that as well.
...well, it is my house, it only makes sense that I should do it, right? Yes, yes, all the pieces are falling into place. JK. Mostly.

I think I'd like to have one stronger player who can tax and raise troops from the others, responsible for larger projects and responding to disasters or wars. They'd get the capital city, and possibly the remnants of the royal army (Or maybe not. Depending on how many there are, I'd like to see them broken up to use as bodyguards and a core for each of us to train new soldiers).
I think this is something we should probably debate, and possibly vote on, in the next meeting. Whether we want a strong central government, possibly with a 'head of state' position that passes between us- or a more federal system.
Given that there is apparently only one city in the realm, it might make sense to go with the strong government thing, as all regions outside of the capital would be poor AF. (Speaking of which, that is something we should rectify. The country is huge, and can surely support more cities. A few trading hubs on the coast, maybe a manufacturing center near the mountains, a university city or two)
Long Live United Forenia!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2017, 01:47:42 pm »

-snip-

I'd like to see one of us as chairman, to make council turns go more smoothly.

I think I'd like to have one stronger player who can tax and raise troops from the others, responsible for larger projects and responding to disasters or wars. They'd get the capital city, and possibly the remnants of the royal army (Or maybe not. Depending on how many there are, I'd like to see them broken up to use as bodyguards and a core for each of us to train new soldiers).

I think we could do something like this, but  I don't think one player should be given much more power over any other player. One person could be the head of the military, but another player is in charge of taxes and monetary affairs. Sort of like each council member is head of one of those departments I mentioned earlier.

It'd still have to be something we debate on though.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2017, 06:15:26 pm »

How's the turn coming along?

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2017, 10:07:38 pm »

PTW

also, is there any way new players could be added? because this looks like a fun game
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]