Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The Magitocracy of Aerowell OOC  (Read 8066 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magitocracy of Aerowell OOC
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2016, 01:34:00 pm »

Also, should turns be brought down to be a month instead of a year? It's starting to seem that a year per turn may be too long a timespan to really be able to run a government (and also an extremely long time for running a single experiment or casting a spell).
I think years are fine, but if you want to use a smaller timescale, I would go with seasons over months.
If we use months things will take too long to happen.
Long Live United Forenia!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2016, 01:40:10 pm »

Yeah, months or seasons would allow us to manage things in less broad strokes than years. It might also be useful to slow down even more when things get more immediate, such as conversations and fights. For example, if a character punched another right now and they started to fight each other, it might be a good idea to move a minute to turn 1.1 next rather than a month to 2.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2016, 03:15:55 pm »

You could have some turns be months, and peaceful quiet turns take years.

I'd prefer more RNG-based research, possibly with bonuses for more detailed experimental write-ups. This system seems cool, but I don't know if it's the best for a dynasty-length game where spells are supposed to take years to learn, and GMs tend to burn out quickly on experimentation based spell research games with this many players.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2016, 03:47:11 pm »

So has the council made a decision? If so, take a vote on it or something. Then we can move to the action phase.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2016, 04:26:11 pm »

Proposed plans go as follows:
  • Split up into two teams: one gathers support while the other deals with resistance. (undebated)
    • Victoria's diplomat gathers support.
    • Bryn and Victoria deal with resistance.
  • Form a militia from commoners. (undebated, unseconded)
  • Demonstrate our power to the common folk. (undebated, unseconded)
  • Use Castle Harinus as a temporary refuge and staging point.
    • Alternatively, use the ruins of Castle Lyrozan as the same.
  • Show a lot of mercy when bringing justice. (undebated)
  • Secure dead corpses for experimentation.
    • Alternatively, do not risk getting caught desecrating bodies.
We should probably either debate more or try and form a consensus from what we have. If I missed something, please point it out.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2016, 11:15:35 pm »

Still waiting on posts from a few people. Once we get that, we'all move onto the action phase.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2017, 01:20:07 am »

"If a magic circle was to be broken, then it would cause the magic to be released (in a small explosion) and the spell to fizzle."
Magic mines, anyone?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2017, 02:59:56 am »

"If a magic circle was to be broken, then it would cause the magic to be released (in a small explosion) and the spell to fizzle."
Magic mines, anyone?
It seems some spells can be cast in more than one sense of the word. There may be a reason Victoria asked for a slingshot.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2017, 12:27:18 am »

Welp. I'm definitely not gonna go rift fishing for a looooooong time. I think I just infested my house with faries  :(
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2017, 04:34:02 am »

Seems I misunderstood the mechanics slightly? I thought that what we decided on in the council happened, and then any private actions. But I guess we were supposed to confirm that we would be doing what the council said.
As a result, I spent my time doing some interesting research rather than trying to pacify the populace.
Whoops :/
Long Live United Forenia!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2017, 11:44:29 am »

Seems I misunderstood the mechanics slightly? I thought that what we decided on in the council happened, and then any private actions. But I guess we were supposed to confirm that we would be doing what the council said.
As a result, I spent my time doing some interesting research rather than trying to pacify the populace.
Whoops :/

That is correct. The council decided to do one thing, but then several people decided to go do their own thing for the two weeks instead.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2017, 09:29:58 pm »

Did DemonicSpoon not get in? I just noticed he wasn't listed in the starting lineup.

He also hasn't said a word since the game started, but that's not unique to him.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2017, 11:50:22 pm »

Did DemonicSpoon not get in? I just noticed he wasn't listed in the starting lineup.

He also hasn't said a word since the game started, but that's not unique to him.

It seems that they are not on the starting line up. I must have somehow overlooked them, but I intended all applications to be accepted for this game. If Demonicspoon is still watching this thread and would still like to play, then I will make every effort to patch them into the game.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2017, 12:26:56 am »

Who are these NPC nobles, exactly? I had got the idea that being 'the' 8 noble Houses of Aerowell meant there aren't others.

What would happen if someone were to die without an heir? A succession crisis in-game I'd imagine, but what about out-of-character?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2017, 12:37:13 am »

The NPC nobles are a collection of minor nobles. People of lesser title and status than you, but much more numerous. They're not particularly influential or dangerous individually, but they do have large coffers and some connections. I've been working on collecting a list of pertinent ones so that you all can act accordingly. For now they're the faceless aristocracy.

If a player were to die without an heir another player may enter the game or we may just lose a player. It depends on if others want to join.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6