Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 32  (Read 10528 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 32
« Reply #150 on: October 06, 2016, 09:56:12 pm »

You try to enter the shuttle, but it looks like it requires some sort of authorization to get in. So instead you open up your own ship's cockpit and check to see if there's anything you can d-
The ship's almost fully operational. Every system except the hyperdrive is online and functional.

Shields are also up, but they obviously didn't rearm your ship - checking armaments shows that you have 300 light railgun rounds and a single anti-ship torpedo. You can take it or leave it - this may be the only way to get out via ship, but you still don't have a working hyperdrive.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 10:56:23 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 07, 2016, 05:10:09 pm »

Would using scanners alert the occupiers to our presence? If they don't, look for planets with no obvious signals that suggest inhabitation, and check for distance. If using them would, obviously don't use them, but instead look for tools within the hangar.
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2016, 05:50:51 pm »

...can we rig our ship to blow? Not that we should right now, but if we find we aren't using anything in this hanger we should make the hanger unusable so no one can follow us out into space from this hanger.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 09:46:07 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 11, 2016, 04:07:54 pm »

How many entrances are there?  (major and minor maintenance tunnels.)  What is lying around in the hanger? Specifically with an eye for tools and crates, but other things as well.

Would using scanners alert the occupiers to our presence? If they don't, look for planets with no obvious signals that suggest inhabitation, and check for distance. If using them would, obviously don't use them, but instead look for tools within the hangar.
Something the scanners told us was the quantity of enemies on the scout that we attempted to commandeer.  So +1 to using the scanners, -1 for planetary search.  Not important right now.  I'd suggest we flick the scanners on to determine approximately how many Occupiers there are aboard. 
EDIT: and what class and size of ship.  It could be difficult from inside it though.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 04:11:14 pm by Carefulrogue »
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]