Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 32  (Read 10532 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 24
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2016, 10:40:05 pm »

Eh, fuck it lets start clearing a way to crawl through.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2016, 03:19:34 pm »

Eh, fuck it lets start clearing a way to crawl through.
+1
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2016, 03:23:44 pm »

What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 25
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2016, 06:26:00 pm »

You quickly dislodge the panels and crawl through, looking out for anything that could be potentially harmful. Once inside, you (kind of) put the panels haphazardly into place and start crawling.

This area you're in appears to be designed for manned maintenance. You can see various interfaces located sparse through the dark area, but of course you can't actually interpret or use them. You remember the direction that you were taken for interrogation and head in that direction. After all, it is probably closer to some kind of exit.

As you're crawling through the, well, ceiling you guess, you hear them announcing something over the intercomm. Except you suddenly notice you can actually understand them.

"Attention: Prisoner has escaped Cell 3. Be aware."

Somewhat interested with the sudden ability to understand them, you try listening in to anything happening below you.
"Alright, we have a prisoner escape. Three and Four, reinforce the guard at the main hangar."
You hear footsteps off about 30 degrees to your left.
"One, two, five. Check in with the current guard at the third hangar. We don't want to lose the escapee's ship."
You hear more footsteps in the same direction.
"Rest of you, with me. The exit and outpost security room still have to be reinforced."
You think you hear them heading off to an area fairly close to your right side.

What do you do now? You can crawl in pretty much any direction at this point.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2016, 07:16:38 pm »

Third hanger? That means there is a second one, so we theoretically have at least three points to exit through conventional means.

Since we're up here, see if we can't sneak our way close to one of the hangers in the ceiling and perhaps create a distraction somehow. We know there is all sorts of cords and such, if we could figure out how to use them to cause chaos...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2016, 09:21:32 pm »

Funny that nobody is looking in the vents yet, and that there isn't a transmitter in our clothes...

I'd rather go to the security room; with any luck we could see a map or even the CCTV feeds through a providential grille.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 26
« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2016, 12:55:13 am »

Went with Maegil's action since it was a bit more specific. (TalonisWolf's probably would have still worked as an action, it's just that out of the two with none given extra support, I'll choose the one that's more specific.)

You try to quietly crawl in the direction of the footsteps. You lose them fairly quickly, but you head in the same direction and manage to track down their voices.
"Alright. You, stay with me. Rest of you, guard the main exit."
You wait until the footsteps away dissipate, then very carefully dislodge a panel.

You see two soldiers with their weapons raised, constantly scanning the area. Luckily they haven't though to actually look up, yet. You're actually really surprised by this. One would think that the guards of some kind of military base or prison would be aware of maintenance shafts encompassing the whole facility that could fit escapees inside.
You try not to think too hard about it, and continue examining the area.

On one side of the room is a series of screens that appear to be camera footage. Some screens are cycling and you assume the visible controls are used to switch through cameras on the static screens. The changing feeds seem to be of the cells, and it looks like every one of them is empty. Another soldier is sitting nearby at a console, watching some kind of video footage that also appears to be of a cell with you in it. Likely just recorded footage.

On the other side of the room is even more screens. This is pretty comprehensive, and seems to be a visual and interactive map of the facility, with various pieces of texts and symbols next to doors and rooms, and information readouts displayed across the displays. You still can't understand their written language, but from what you can tell from the map:
You're currently in the security room, and the exit is fairly close by. The hangars, or at least what you hope are hangars, are all located next to each other a fair distance away from where you currently are. You also see some other stuff that you try to remember for future reference, but you're not sure how useful this will be without actually knowing what the rooms really are.

Right as you finish putting the panel back in place, you hear something from what you think is the commanding officer of the soldiers.
"Wait, so you're saying... Move over."

You hear something over the base's intercom.
"Attention: The escapee is located in the maintenance areas."
"Five, two, meet me at the mai..."
You hear his voice fade away as he seemingly walks out of the room.

What do you do now?
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2016, 07:15:14 am »

How many aliens are there left in the security room?
Did we see a feed to an outside camera? were there ships in the hangars? Would it seem possible to throw a bunch of switches and seal off entire sections of the base?

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2016, 11:13:13 am »

Did we see a feed to an outside camera? were there ships in the hangars? Would it seem possible to throw a bunch of switches and seal off entire sections of the base?
+1 to these questions.
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2016, 11:58:28 am »

+1 to these questions.
+1
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 27
« Reply #131 on: September 24, 2016, 03:55:04 pm »

You slightly displace a panel to get a glimpse into the room. You see two remaining aliens - the one sitting at a console and the other one guarding the doorway. Looking at the security feeds, you see a single display that seems to alternate between three different feeds of hangars. In one of them you can briefly see your ship lying in place. Another feed appears to be of a hangar holding two Occupier shuttlecraft, and the last one can see a single large scout.

You assume that you could get some pretty significant control over the base if you knew how to operate or even understand their interfaces, but you don't. If you were to gain access to the interface showing the seemingly interactive map, you could try messing with some things and maybe helping your cause. Maybe. But you'd have to actually be able to get to the interface first.

You quickly re-lodge the panel before someone notices.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2016, 11:49:44 am »

So, they know we're in the 'maintenance'. Not good. Any way we can figure out what wires connect to the camera feeds? No cameras would be a boon to us right now.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2016, 03:35:17 pm »

So, they know we're in the 'maintenance'. Not good. Any way we can figure out what wires connect to the camera feeds? No cameras would be a boon to us right now.
+1 to this.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 28
« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2016, 10:22:11 pm »

Camera wires. That's an idea.
You quietly crawl across the ceiling to right above where you think the security console is. You can't see much without light, so you dislodge a panel by a tiny bit to let in a crack of light. Immediately, you see a bundle of wires. Remembering the shiv-like item that you took from your cell, you use it to cut across the bundle, severing the cables.

The displays showing the many camera feeds completely turn off with a satisfying sound. The soldier manning the security console stands up, stunned, and yells to his comrade.
"HEY! I just [???] power! [?????????????] power [???????????] you [??????????????] others!"
You find yourself unable to recognize parts of his speech. You take a peek and see the soldier that was guarding the room running out with his gun drawn and the other that was manning the console scanning the ceiling. You slide the panel back into place, unsure if they saw you or not.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 09:30:33 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11