Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 32  (Read 10531 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 28
« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2016, 10:29:05 pm »

It seems like they're alerting their friends to our general location, let's get out of here and try to locate some place with weapons- a empty barracks, armory, shooting range, SOMETHING.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 29, 2016, 03:57:12 pm »

It seems like they're alerting their friends to our general location, let's get out of here and try to locate some place with weapons- a empty barracks, armory, shooting range, SOMETHING.
+1 to this idea.
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2016, 04:41:06 pm »

+1 to this idea.
+1
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 29, 2016, 08:18:38 pm »

+1 to this idea.
+1
+1
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 29
« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2016, 09:44:44 pm »

Earlier, you saw a room on the displays' map that seemed to correspond with a specific camera feed. Symbols seemingly intended as labels matched in both the room on the map and the camera feed. Knowing that the feed showed something that seemed like an armory. You take a brief moment to remember your position and direction relative to the map, then start crawling. On your way, you hear boots marching throughout the base amidst yells and alarms.

Eventually you reach your destination. You peer through a dislodged panel and see an empty room. After removing enough panels to make a large hole, you quietly drop into the room. It's a fairly small enclosure - almost the same size as a closet. Lining the walls are a series of racks holding weapons and various devices. You can see rifles, pistols, devices that resemble grenades, and ammunition. You don't have anything on your person to store any grenades or ammo, so you can only take what you can hold.

To your side is also a pair of lockers that seem to both be intended for storing armor. One locker contains something looking like a light EVA suit - probably not intended for serious combat. The other looks like regular Occupier battle armor. You reckon you could fit into the armor if you wanted to. It just may not be comfortable or as fitting as you would want.

An alarm is still ringing throughout the base and you occasionally hear others running across the corridor through the door. What now?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2016, 11:35:30 pm »

Don the armour, and equip the same gear as the guards. Look for a thin cable, lanyard, or rope, the least visible the better. If they aren't very bulky, load up on the grenades. Enter to the security room, kill the sentry from behind and then the operator, and set a tripwire linked to a grenade on each console. Leave without tripping the wire.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2016, 05:48:37 pm »

Don the armour, and equip the same gear as the guards. Look for a thin cable, lanyard, or rope, the least visible the better. If they aren't very bulky, load up on the grenades. Enter to the security room, kill the sentry from behind and then the operator, and set a tripwire linked to a grenade on each console. Leave without tripping the wire.
+1
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 30
« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2016, 11:55:48 pm »

You quickly put on the armor. It's actually very uncomfortable; quite painful in some areas. But it fits. You grab four grenades, a rifle, and a pistol. You climb back up into the ceiling. It's harder with the armor, but still possible with enough effort. Once back inside the maintenance area, you crawl back towards the security room.

You remove a panel and check to see if the guards are still there. Yep - one manning the consoles and one guarding the exterior. After quietly removing just enough panels for you to jump down, you silently drop from the ceiling. You take out your pistol. You're actually unsure on how it works - you know that Occupier weaponry is energy-based, but have no idea how it works beyond that. You assumed the items in the armory-like room you were just in was ammunition, but you're not sure. You took a few "magazines" just in case, though.

The pistol does seem simple enough. You aim and shoot at the person manning the console. They get hit in the chest and collapse onto the surface of the console, slumped in their chair. The other guard immediately notices and spins around, firing multiple shots into the wall behind you. But you manage to get the better of him with a burst of energy blasts in his general direction, a few hitting him and knocking him to the ground.

You look at your pistol again - a small display reads the familiarly unfamiliar Occupier language. From what you've seen, you think it's numbers. You put the pistol away and arm a trap. You place a grenade next to each console and your last one hidden on the inside of the doorframe. You put together a tripwire that should detonate the grenades, effectively destroying the room and its occupants. Hearing a party of soldiers draw near, you depart into the corridors away from the security room.

You hear an explosion in the distance as you quietly run away. You lean against a wall for support as you regain your breath and consider your next moves. You think you're close to the various hangars. You hear yells and footsteps in the background, consistently getting louder as you can only assume they near your position. What now?
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2016, 12:32:16 am »

Nonchalantly go to hangar two (was that the undefended one?) and see if any ship appears being prepared to leave. If there's one try to board it and stowaway until in space.
If none seem likely to depart, go look for the exit.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 01, 2016, 06:08:55 pm »

Nonchalantly go to hangar two (was that the undefended one?) and see if any ship appears being prepared to leave. If there's one try to board it and stowaway until in space.
+1
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2016, 11:07:19 am »

+1
+1, only stowaway until you've left the planet you are currently on far enough it can't intercept.
GENERATION 32:

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 31
« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2016, 01:16:56 pm »

You make your way towards Hangar 2, trying to match the appearance of one of their soldiers while at it. You're able to get there without encountering another soldier, luckily. The doors open when you approach them and reveal a large hangar bay with... Huh. Your ship. You really thought this was Hangar 2.

Well, that and something that you can only assume is a recently landed Occupier shuttle. It wasn't there when you saw the camera feeds. No one appears to be in either your ship or the shuttle, and chances are no one is planning to leave soon either. The hangar bay door is currently closed, but you already have an idea of where the control room is. You could just walk to another hangar, but that's taking chances with encountering more security.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2016, 08:59:39 pm »

Walk onto Shuttle and search for anything of use.
GENERATION 32:

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 05, 2016, 04:41:37 pm »

Hop into your ship, & check fuel levels, and system integrity. If everything looks good, fly out of the hanger, and jump somewhere else. If things look bad, hide in the Occupier Shuttle.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 05, 2016, 04:55:43 pm »

((We can't jump, the drive is damaged.))
Walk onto Shuttle and search for anything of use.
+1, I don't expect us to recognise much but we could get lucky.

Since it looks that the GM doesn't want us to escape yet, let's head to the exit.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11