Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Great games for tablet..?  (Read 5585 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Great games for tablet..?
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2016, 12:14:09 pm »

Dude next to me on the airplane was playing brogue on his tablet.

I had heard of it, but never really looked at it before.   It's attractive, and a fairly 'pure' looking rougelike.  Might put it on my own tablet.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2016, 11:39:07 pm »

If you're a fan of the original Puzzle Quest, then Gems of War is a must-play.

If you love fan-service, then Soccer Spirits and Clash of Cuties both deliver while still providing decent time-waster gameplay.

Dragon Heroes is my favorite Shmup right now.

Shop Heroes is a decent shop-simulator.

Dragon Friends is a game about breeding different types of dragons. There's a lot of variety in dragons that you can sink a ton of time into unlocking.

Unison League is noteworthy for throwing you together with other players in real time, and having lots of events to profit from.

Magic Rush has both tower-defense and RPG modes, that you can use the same units within, providing nice variety of activities within a single game.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2016, 11:54:53 pm »

The only game I ever really liked on my tablet is Spacechem.  It just felt right.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2016, 11:55:10 pm »

Soda Dungeon is the best idle game I have played, it actually has some depth to it, not much mind you, but more than most and it's fun too.
I got nothing

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2016, 02:34:35 pm »

Chaos Overlords 2 is supposedly gonna be for mobile devices when ot's released, but it's been stuck in development hell for a few years now.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2016, 08:24:03 pm »

For roguelikes, try the Angband Variants collection on the playStore. Free and good.

But more to the point, try Sil. It's one of the Angband variants.

It's short for Silmarilion, the prequel to The Hobbit and LoTR. Shitty book, great roguelike.

It has an excellent strategic combat system, true enough to the lore, nice character creation, and proper trade-offs in itemization and build types.

Give it a go. It's one of the rarely mentioned gems of the roguelike genre. If ever anything needed tiles so it could hit a wider audience, it would be Sil.
It's a game. Have fun.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2016, 09:31:56 pm »

There's Doom and Wolfenstein source ports for Android, although you'll have to download them unofficially as it seems they were removed from the Play Store. Surprisingly, the games are simple enough and forgiving enough that touch controls aren't too much of a problem once you get used to them. ECWolf in particular had very customizable on-screen controls that could be resized and moved anywhere on the screen.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2016, 04:56:19 am »

The new Rick & Morty game "Pocket Mortys" is pretty decent. Gets kinda boring after a while, but it looks nice, has some good jokes, and is plain old Pokeymans-style addictive.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2016, 10:08:52 am »

Just lost a non-negligible chunk of time on Fallout Shelter on my new tablet. Very well-made, that one! And engaging without feeling forced to pay the microtransactions.

Anyway, just downloaded Plague, Inc after reading this thread. Named my virus "music". First message: "Music has infected its first human!" This is going to be fun.

I also dug out some Android games from my Humble library that had been festering there for ages. Pulse is a good rhythm game. Fractal and other CypherPrime games are good too. McPixel works great. Point-and-click adventure games definitely work really well - I've got Machinarium and Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars so far. I also tried Stealth Bastard, but it doesn't play that well, and it doesn't give clear instructions on how to use the controls on the touch screen - that one is better with a keyboard or gamepad for sure.

EDIT: "Normal life in Central Europe is beginning to break down due to music." Ahahahaha :D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 10:32:42 am by Sappho »
Pages: 1 2 [3]