Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: You Can't Die: Guerrilla Gaurdian (Suggestion Game)  (Read 5357 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Can't Die: Guerrilla Gaurdian (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2016, 06:09:24 pm »

Have Argos fly up, walk into the middle of it all, whistle, have her swoop down and screech in a majestic and patriotic way.

If that doesn't get their attention, nothing will.

We are Liberty Incarnate
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2016, 09:10:40 pm »

You launch Argos straight up, and signal for her to give a patriotic screech. At the sound of such Americanism, the soldiers stop firing their guns, and look to the sky for the source of the noise. You take this chance to calmly walk towards the middle of the army, as Argos circled the group again and let out another screech. Soldiers started pointing at her and cheering again, this time without firing guns into the sky. You whistle, and Argos's adept ears pick up the sound among the loud cheering. She gives one more loud screech as she gracefully swoops down to land on your arm. Everybody goes silent as they see you. You now have their attention. "I know we have won the day, but the war is not over. What remains of our old way is under threat of extinction, with our last hope residing in Saint Louis, Missouri. I know that that is a long way away from Ohio, but we need to get there before the fascists do, or else we may have to live the rest of our lives under the same fear you experienced on your march thus far." You planned to speak more, but another soldier started talking. "I saw a map from one of the pigs yesterday. It shows where the front line is. I'll draw it for you, but I remember that the pigs have much less ground to cover than we do. There is no way we could beat them to it. Even if there was a chance we could defend it." You say to him, "what is your name?" "Corporal Simmons." You have no idea how the ranks work in the army, but you continue talking, "Draw a map of what you saw. Meanwhile, we know the lay of the land, so we can get to Saint Louis faster than they can. I am sure of it." The rest of the soldiers start talking amongst themselves while Simmons drew the map. Everybody crowded around him as finished. "Here is around where I saw the lines."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"We are in Ohio right now, close to Columbus, the Capitol. We advanced slowly because of the mountains, but the armies in the south have pushed past those, and have a clear shot of walking there. We would never be able to outpace them given the rough terrain here, regardless of how well we know the land. Unless you can somehow get mass transportation for thousands of people." Everybody looked at you expectantly.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2016, 09:54:03 pm »

I must PTW this.

"What about the trains?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

germanyfrance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2016, 10:02:38 pm »

Saint Louis is on the Mississippi river, and we are in Ohio, so let's take the rivers down. Make some really big rafts, and just a bunch of guys pushing off the side with sticks to keep us in the center. What could go wrong?

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2016, 10:06:23 pm »

Or like, a bunch of rafts.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2016, 01:15:30 am »

I must PTW this.

"What about the trains?"

I want trains!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2016, 03:06:05 pm »

"What about the railroads?" You ask the crowd of soldiers, "Are their any quick routes from Columbus to Saint Louis?" There is some quiet murmuring among themselves before somebody answers, "Yes. There is a freight train that goes from Columbus to Saint Louis. But I doubt that there is any organization of the railroads given the state of this nation. It could work though. But only for a few people, the trucks and tanks would have to make it there some other way. And we don't have any fuel reserves." You take the information in, and formulate the remainder of the plan. "Then we take as many on the trains, and the rest will have to use the rivers. We are in Ohio, so we just need to find a large enough river, and float down it until we reach Saint Lois, since they all flow into the Mississippi." There again is some murmuring, but this time with a tone of assent. "If nobody has any objections, we will send as many men as we can on whatever freight trains we can find ready in Columbus, and the rest of us will build rafts and carry the heavy vehicles and the rest of us down via the rivers." You wait a few seconds, but nobody gives any objections. You tell everybody, "Get some sleep, tomorrow we will get to Columbus, and see how our situation looks." You leave, and everybody calms down and crawls in their foxholes to sleep. You just get your bag from your hunting pack, and fall asleep in it. You release Argos so she can do her nocturnal hunting, and retire for the night.

When you wake up, it was still dark out. You try to figure out what it was that woke you when you hear the faint chugging of an engine, lots of engines in fact. It was coming from the enemy territory. You try to think what it could be, two things come to mind, either it is the supply line, or it is reinforcements.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2016, 03:18:57 pm »

Scout ahead quickly . As in right now. Who is coming?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2016, 04:16:26 pm »

without waking anybody up, you climb out of your sleeping bag and enter the night alone. You follow Tue faint sound of the rumbling engines and find the source of the noise a mile away from camp. It was a supply convoy with tons of fuel, and a decent amount of ammunition. It would be monumentally helpful to capture the resources, but you would have to be careful, as one wrong move could ignite all the resources. The convoy was guarded by a dozen armored transport trucks, each carrying 10 men. Ho Weber, there was also one tank along with them. They were currently idling, while some men were looking at maps, so you had a little bit of time to make a plan with the troops, but not much...

(Restricted to posting from phone for the time being because my computers charger isn't working.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]