Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - IC Thread  (Read 58616 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - IC Thread
« Reply #765 on: July 12, 2015, 05:52:38 am »

Ava frowned at the unfamiliar word. "Sentient?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 12, 2015, 11:21:18 am »

Ava frowned at the unfamiliar word. "Sentient?"

"Hyu, sentient creatures are said to be intelligent enough to understand they themselves exist-for example, a wolf looking into a mirror would only see another wolf, whereas a 'sentient' would understand it as a reflection of itself. It is a complicated idea.

To an Elf, at least in a racial sense, the line does not really exist. Most of my down to earth cousins would tend to say, meat is meat. I don't make a habit of consuming sentient beings, but Sahuagin are an exception-they raid sailors mercilessly, and when your deck ends up littered with a few dozen corpses, and you've had nothing but stone hard biscuits for the last three months, we'll see what you do!

As for cooking, most of us do not have your wild constitution, Ava. The North no doubt keeps meat cold and fresh, but down in the warmer countries you are advised to cook your meal well so you do catch a blood disease or parasite."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 02, 2015, 07:00:54 pm »

Ava leaned back, bumping against the shelves. Some kind of thread - perhaps from bookbinding - dislodged and fell to the ground.

"Vhat are zhese zag-hoo-ain? Are zhey a good fight?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 03, 2015, 08:25:17 am »

"Sa-hoo-aguin. I suppose you could call them 'Fishmen'. Though they are nothing like men, they do have two legs and two arms. Very sharp claws, teeth and spines-though they can use weapons, of course, usually nasty coral tridents that leave infected cuts..they dwell in the coasts and shallow oceans, and enjoy preying on ships...and they are very much 'a good fight'. They have very good senses, you see-the scent of their own blood drives them into a battle frenzy. You would perhaps then find an enemy to match your rage, Ava. Blood crazed Sahuagin are very interesting to fight..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 22, 2015, 03:29:06 am »

((Aretrian shall continue, very soon. For the time being take this bit of cryptic exposition. Interestingly enough if you all payed very close attention, you could probably figure out most of the major story elements at this point.))
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]