Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - IC Thread  (Read 58605 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - IC Thread
« Reply #735 on: July 07, 2015, 01:16:49 pm »

"Hmph, manners are...overrated. If you are not a Nobleperson, you can safely insult your foes to their faces. Among high society, one must skillfully cover their insults, however."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 07, 2015, 01:19:22 pm »

"You have enough clever vords for both of us, anyvay."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 07, 2015, 01:26:23 pm »

"That's right-I spin the pleasant conversations, but you are the steel in the velvet glove, as the saying goes. When Diplomacy fails, it is good to have steel on your side."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 07, 2015, 01:27:12 pm »

"It never hurts to be polite either way really. Most people are simply doing their best in the world we all share. Such a shame that they often pick the... wrong path. But there is still no reason to be rude."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 08, 2015, 08:53:39 am »

"Indeed. But, enough talk!"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 08, 2015, 09:55:08 am »

"Ozirio? Vith enough talk? Today is a day of zurprizes."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 08, 2015, 10:01:57 am »

"I'm merely hungry for some action, my snow darling. It seems we've been in this moldy library for months, now."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 08, 2015, 11:23:40 am »

”Well you know what they say about time and having fun and whatnot. Perhaps I could make time fly with some inspirational chanted anecdotes? Or perhaps we should stride bravely onwards! Strike whilst the hay is shining and all that. I wonder what you're having when books fly. Hmm.”

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 08, 2015, 11:26:24 am »

"I believe books fly when they are tossed at Gnomes."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 08, 2015, 11:37:57 pm »

"I, for one, am enjoying our time spent together. We're like a family or something. Leastaways I'm certain some family out there is like us... Which probably bodes poorly for those involved."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 09, 2015, 10:00:21 pm »

”I’m sorry… should we continue to the stores? There is likely to be much of interest in the stores… I wish I had had the chance to look at these books before they were smashed to smithereens, but then they were somewhat bent on eating us, so it’s a good thing I didn’t. I’ve gone off this whole magic thing recently anyway.”

Can I have a quick look at the books too? And then follow to leave. As an aside to Mr Walken:

”He doesn’t really mean depressing as such, you know – it’s just his light hearted and witty way. People generally concur that my life-affirming chanted anecdotes are really quite wonderful and positive. Would you like to hear one?”
Looking at the (once-)living books, it seems that they don't contain much but runes scribed into them on a scant few pages. No doubt those used to create the constructs themselves. The more mundane books are precisely that; mundane. Intriguing, if you're the sort intrigued by rambling treatises on methods of lichen farming, but mundane.

The party heads for the storeroom, and the trip there turns out to be uneventful. As you open the storeroom, a horde of rats, evidently still scrounging for what's left, flood out, retreating into cracks and holes in the fortress walls. Crates, most hewn of stone, line the walls; on shelves sit the occasional item, most evidently mementos. Little of interest stands out at first glance.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 10, 2015, 06:48:16 am »

"I bet there's tons of centuries old vintage cheese in them crates..."

Have a careful Search!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 10, 2015, 11:04:49 am »

Osirio began nudging Ari with the blunt end of his guisarme toward the more suspicious looking crates, no doubt full of razor blades to the face and giant mutant rat monsters.

"Check in that one, Gnome! Faster! Faster!"

Action: Use my Gnome prodding stick to make Ari search faster (by which I mean, aid action)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 11:06:36 am by Dwarmin »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 10, 2015, 02:51:48 pm »

"The only thing you'll get me doing faster is eating the damn stuff, yer great hairy weasel..." mutters Ari, not quite entirely quiet enough to not be heard. "Now why don't you do something useful like lever that lid off, or get some bread and wine ready..."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 10, 2015, 03:01:25 pm »

"I am not sure we will find anything very tasty here. Mostly rats, and rat pellets." Osirio says dourly.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52