Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]

Author Topic: Eras: A God Game [A Dark, Cold Ending]  (Read 33793 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game [Era 1, Round 10]
« Reply #405 on: June 09, 2015, 08:53:52 am »

I'll wait for other ideas re: bonuses.
Regarding bonuses. I'm fine if the bonus mana could only be used during the first round of the second era, and only on first era actions, or something, to prevent the winner from having a longterm advantage. But in that case the bonus mana usage shouldn't use actions.

With Monster you have to choose Might or HP, yes.
Your confusing me a bit. When the monster levels up, the only thing he gets is the ability, which he has to allocate to the might or the hp abilities if he wants to improve those stats? Is that what you're saying?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:05:21 am by Demonic Spoon »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 09, 2015, 09:05:21 am »

Sorry, I'm being confused.  When a monster levels up, he does not automatically improve HP or Might.  He only gets a new or improved ability; he may choose to improve might or hp as part of this, or another ability entirely.  HP and Might do not automatically level up.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 09, 2015, 09:05:56 am »

Okay, got it, thanks.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 09, 2015, 09:24:39 am »

Adaptation System Proposal:
The land a tribe starts on it the type they're adapted to. Any other land type has a mana cost. Each land type has a opposing type which pays double the normal mana adaptation cost.
If a tribe starts on plains, their opposing is sky
Sky then opposing is Caverns
Caverns then Sky
Volcano -> Sea
Sea -> Volcano
Abyss -> Volcano

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 09, 2015, 09:27:34 am »

Wouldn't the Abyss<--> Plains make more sense? Since everything else is opposing directly?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 09, 2015, 09:31:32 am »

Wouldn't the Abyss<--> Plains make more sense? Since everything else is opposing directly?
Iituem's complaints about flying humans remains then though.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 09, 2015, 09:39:33 am »

They'd still have to pay the one mana though yeah?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 12, 2015, 06:47:24 pm »

As regards to this Era's winner bonuses, I'd like a suggestion from someone who isn't Cript or Spoon on that, just because there might be a teeny weeny bit of bias in their suggestions.  I'm currently thinking that maybe they start with a bonus Clan or two.  :P
Superserious mode here, if we don't get a bonus I'm going to try my best to drag out the first era for probably another 3 rounds at least. Which I'm pretty sure none of the other players want.

On balance, I'll grant a mana bonus to the winner.  That said, in the interest of keeping the game going (as there's not much for the other players to do right now), I am declaring Sudden Death in One Round's Time.  You have until then to win, or it's defaulting to whoever has the most T4s and therein the most Fauna by income etc etc.  It's a bit of a gamey rule, but I need to look out for the enjoyment of the other players as well as those in the lead.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 13, 2015, 12:02:42 am »

So we can still safely delay the second era for one more round? Criptfiend, would you be willing to do that? It'll allow me to spend my mana in the way I'd find most satisfactory. (Spend 100 mana to turn myself into the sun, use mana credit to achieve 5 tier 4 fauna.)

Alternatively, we could pool mana to make me the sun and finish up this turn? I think we should be able to use the mana credit such that we both reach 5 tier 4 fauna though I haven't rigorously checked the math.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game [Era 1, Round 7]
« Reply #414 on: July 04, 2015, 08:12:40 pm »

I assume Micelus offer is to destroy one of other persons places that they have dudes. Since as is we will both win on turn 10 without interference, but if we lose one of our main areas, we'll probably lose. ((Edit: Edits) Well, I mean, realistically unless the improver destroys my area, turn 10 is not going to happen, since Demonic spoon will wait until I place my guys, and I'll wait until he places his guys, stalling out the game until the game dies off. Years later we will look back and wonder how such a promising game died right before the climax. Actually probably not wondering. A lot of games like this die like that  :P (rip in pieces dragon clans)

Anyway. Iituem. If we both place our fifth token on the same turn, is it a tie?
If so, Demonic spoon, I'd be okay doing that with you.

I end this thread on a note of self-fulfilling prophecy.  I'm sure there will be another Eras game in the future (I have reworked rules for the First Era now), so until then - the world of Nursery shall continue to spin, frozen in the void.  :)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game [A Dark, Cold Ending]
« Reply #415 on: July 07, 2015, 08:25:20 pm »

Sads.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]