Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28

Author Topic: Eras: A God Game [A Dark, Cold Ending]  (Read 33807 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game [Era 1, Round 10]
« Reply #390 on: June 08, 2015, 11:45:30 am »

Criptfiend, in light of these new rules I'd like to delay the new Era so we can gather more mana. Though that would be rather dickish to the other players who have been passing their turns. Thoughts? Still reading through the rules but that was my inclination when I read "no longer gain mana from fauna"
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 11:47:12 am by Demonic Spoon »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 08, 2015, 11:48:39 am »

At the end of this Era, it's a toss-up between 'You get the mana you ended the Era with as your starting mana' and 'you have to use up all that mana on creation and then you start with 30 mana'.  I am leaning towards the latter because the former would, yes, unnaturally delay the game.  So let's take that one as being the default (i.e. don't bother saving it up, it all goes at the end of the Era).
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 08, 2015, 12:12:52 pm »

At the end of this Era, it's a toss-up between 'You get the mana you ended the Era with as your starting mana' and 'you have to use up all that mana on creation and then you start with 30 mana'.  I am leaning towards the latter because the former would, yes, unnaturally delay the game.  So let's take that one as being the default (i.e. don't bother saving it up, it all goes at the end of the Era).
Fair enough, though this might make Micelus salty/incite him to use his mana to destroy lands, which admittedly does make the game somewhat more exciting. However, there's still an incentive for delaying the next era unnaturally, since our mana income will drop, so we could waste time trying to spread as much fauna as possible. And use mana to make lands etc. IMO the best fix is to give the winner of the first era a mana bonus (Somewhere around 200 mana sounds right).

Raid: At no direct cost, you may initiate a raid against a tribe in a connected Land.  This forces a limited Contest of Dominance as a result of which you may steal at most 6 resources (or 12 Food).  This action may also be used to attack a Monster to gain up to 6 resources (or 12 Food) from its Hoard.  Additionally, a single spell may be stolen from the other side (the victim tribe retains knowledge of that spell) and a Clan may be stolen and added to the raiding tribe (slavery).
Unneeded rule imo. Can be safey dropped.

Resources

There are five basic resources derived from Lands themselves.

Ore is derived from Lands that provide Earth.  Each Land produces 1 Ore per Clan per turn it is worked.

Wealth is derived from Lands that provide Water.  Each Land produces 1 Wealth per Clan per turn it is worked.

Ash is derived from Lands that provide Fire.  Each Land produces 1 Ash per Clan per turn it is worked.

Welkin is derived from Lands that provide Air.  Each Land produces 1 Welkin per Clan per turn it is worked.

Mana is directly produced by Lands that provide Void.  Each such Land produces 5 Mana per Clan per turn it is worked.

There are also some resources produced directly by Fauna.

Any Tier 4 Fauna on a Land, regardless of Sphere, produces 1 Mana per Clan per turn that is Foraging.

Any Tier 3 or higher Fungal or Plant fauna produce 1 Wood per Clan per turn that is Foraging.

Any Tier 3 or higher Animal or Fire fauna produce 1 Skin per Clan per turn that is Foraging.

Any Tier 3 or higher Sky or Crystal fauna produce 1 Jewel per Clan per turn that is Foraging.

Any Tier 3 or higher Undead fauna produce 2 mana per Clan per turn that is Foraging (in addition to the Tier 4 bonus if any).

Any Tier 1 or 2 fauna on a Land, regardless of sphere, produces 0.5 Food per Clan per Turn that is Farming.

Pioneers provide no direct benefit to Tribes.  Fractional resources are rounded down after all harvesting and bonuses are complete.
My initial impression is too many types of resources. Fold the fauna resources into the land resources maybe?

All Clans have a base of 1 in each of the three Contest stats; Martial, Influence and Arcane [MIA].  This is raised by having Heroes, by Spells or by having certain constructions in the same Land.
Too many stats

Spells

Each tribe can cast a number of spells per turn equal to their Arcane stat (which at base is 1).  A spell increases one or more of the tribe's stats (as defined by the spell when taught).  The total mana cost of a spell is equal to the cost of each increased stat (the amount increased, squared), all added together.

e.g. The spell Sunstrike very flashily blasts foes with rays of golden light, increasing Martial by 2 and Influence by 1 when cast.  The total mana cost is 5 (Martial 2 * 2 = 4, plus Influence 1 * 1 = 1).

Note that while spells can increase the Arcane stat for dominance contests, such an increase does not grant additional spell slots.  Only Tower levels and Arcane enhancing Heroes can do so.  Mana is drained from the god's pool each turn according to which spells the tribe chooses to cast.

Alternately, you can create spells that increase the production of resources.  Use the same formula as above to determine mana cost, but using Resource Points.  Each Resource Point (RP) raises the bonus to production by a set percentage.

Each RP dedicated to Food raises production by 20%.
Each RP dedicated to a Luxury or Mana raises production by 15%.
Each RP dedicated to a Major Resource raises production by 10%.

Calculate RP separately for separate resource bonuses.

Stat increases from spells overlap rather than stacking.  If you have a spell that raises Martial by 1 and Arcane by 2, and then a spell which raises Martial by 2 and Arcane by 1, the net benefit is +2 Martial, +2 Arcane.
IMO you should drop or change/simplify the spell system.

Herds

Every time you domesticate a type of Fauna, your Tribe gains a Herd or Crop of that fauna.  The tribe must devote 1 Clan from then on to support the Herd/Crop or it will be lost.  You can only have 1 Herd of any given type of Fauna.  While your tribe possesses a Herd, it gains thrice the bonus that would be gained in Resources if that Fauna were being worked by a single Clan, or four times the bonus if it is food-producing fauna.

e.g. The Ice Tribe gains a herd of Horses [Tier 3, Animal].  While a clan is set to herding them, the tribe gains 3 Skins per turn.  This bonus persists regardless of where the tribe is.  They already have a crop of Wheat [Tier 2, Plant], which produces 2 Food per turn (4 x 0.5).
Unneeded complexity >_<

Heroes

Heroes represent demigods, divine champions, or families of power and influence in a Tribe.  Each freshly birthed Hero starts with 0 in two stats and 1 in one (Mar/Inf/Mag).  They remain with their Tribe, adding their stats directly to their tribe's attributes.  NB: Stats of multiple Heroes overlap, they do not stack.

Heroes start at level 1.  Every 3 XP they earn, they can go up a level, allowing them to increase a single stat by 1.  The main way to gain XP is to engage in Contests of Dominance.  Heroes also gain XP for simply surviving, gaining 1 XP per turn.  You can also directly grant XP to your hero with a Bless action, at a cost of 5 x Level mana per XP.  You can grant up to 3 XP with a single Blessing, up to the cap for their current level.

Heroes are greedy, and consume luxury resources to support their lifestyle.  For each Martial point a hero has, they consume 1 Wood.  For each Influence point, 1 Skin.  For each Arcane point, 1 Jewel.
The emphasized makes heroes worthless.

Trade: When adjacent to or in the same Land as a friendly tribe, the Monster may initiate trade with it (or have trade initiated with it).  This then works as per the divine ability of the same name.

As with tribes, spellcasting is automatic and does not cost an action.
Trade is a divine ability? What?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:26:20 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 08, 2015, 12:49:01 pm »

Whew. Yeah. It's a lot of rules, and a lot of complexity and it seems a bit clunky to me.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 08, 2015, 12:50:39 pm »

Cool beans.  I'm working on a redux, any input is welcome. :)

Edit:  How does this look?

Spoiler: Ruuuuules (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 05:13:15 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 08, 2015, 08:40:03 pm »

[Slight bump to indicate things edited into last post.]

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 09, 2015, 12:14:17 am »

Much better. My chief concern is that as written, all the clans in a tribe have to move around as a single entity, instead of being able to split them up, so that for example miners go to a particular province and farmers go to another province, though I can understand why you did that to simplify things.

In order for Aerial races to move tribes into Caverns or the Abyss, they must spend two Spell Slots on Adaptation, costing them 2 mana per Clan per turn, as the environment is particularly alien to them.

This seems somewhat odd though. A abyss is basically a giant hole. Why can't Aerial races fly around in it?

Terrestrial, Subterranean or Aerial

When the victor of the First Era selects the sapient race, he must select whether the race is naturally terrestrial, subterranean or aerial.  Once this decision has been made, all Tribes must start on Lands that are appropriate to their nature; Terrestrial races cannot start in Caves, Abyss or Sky; Subterranean races can only start in Caves or the Abyss; and Aerial races must start in the Sky or on a Volcano.

In order for Terrestrial races to put their tribes in the Sky or in an Abyss they must spend a Spell Slot on Adaptation; this costs 1 mana per Clan per turn and represents their mages creating floating islands, light, air or traversible platforms to settle upon.

In order for Subterranean races to move tribes into the Sky or into Volcanoes, they must spend two Spell Slots on Adaptation, costing them 2 mana per Clan per turn, as the environment is particularly alien to them.

In order for Aerial races to move tribes into Caverns or the Abyss, they must spend two Spell Slots on Adaptation, costing them 2 mana per Clan per turn, as the environment is particularly alien to them.

All types of races may freely move onto Plains and Seas after they have started.
Actually, looking at this whole revised section as a whole, I preferred the original adaptation system somewhat. I'd prefer to use it and just replace welkins with mana and use the adaptation cost stuff of the revised system, but with the original land configuration.

Welkin is required to live in the sky if not adapted to it, or in otherwise hostile environments.  1 Welkin/turn is consumed when terrestrial tribes are in the sky, or when aerial tribes are underground.

Adaptation

Each Tribe is adapted to living in a certain type of Land (the type on which they are founded).  On Land types other than their ideal, their M/I/A stats are reduced by 1.  On opposing Lands, these stats are reduced by 2.

Opposing Lands

Sky vs Cavern
Volcano vs Sea
Plains vs Abyss
It's simpler and makes more sense imo.

Another alternative which I would also prefer over the current revised adaptation system is basing adaptation on the sphere. So fire creatures would not be adapted to sea, crystal creatures would not be adapted to sky, plants and skylife would not be adapted to caverns, animals would not be adapted to abyss, and undead would not be adapted to volcanoes.

Battle

When one tribe Invades another, a Monster raids a tribe or two Monsters fight, a battle occurs.  During a battle, the War Scores of the attacker and defender are compared.  Depending on the result, either side may gain victory or there may be a draw.

First, the War Score of both sides is totalled from War Clans and Heroes (or simply the Might of the monster).  Then, if either side have free Spell Slots this round they can choose to cast spells for a bonus to their war score.  Finally, both sides roll 1d6 and add that to their score and the scores are compared.

If both scores are equal, this is a Draw.  The Monster loses a hitpoint, the Tribe(s) lose a Clan.  No resources are stolen.

If the attacker has more points, victory attacker.  The defending Monster loses hitpoints or the Tribe loses Clans equal to half the difference in points (rounded down).  Up to 12 resources of the victor's choice may be taken, plus a single Artefact or knowledge of a single Spell.

If the defender has more points, victory defender.  The attacking Monster loses hitpoints or the Tribe loses Clans equal to half the difference in points (rounded up).

The victor of a battle gains a level for a Hero (if a Tribe) or their Monster.  If a tribe loses 3 or more Clans at once, one of their Heroes is killed (attacker's choice).  If a Monster reaches 0hp, it dies.
Combat seems to be less lethal and less rewarding overall. Not sure how I feel about that (is it because tribes can't be split up?), but I do appreciate that it has been simplified. What happens when you destroy all a tribe's clans and heroes? Is the tribe destroyed?

How would a curse artifact function, if it functions at all?

* Slaver: Can only be taken once.  When another Tribe is defeated in battle, any Clans that would be killed off are instead absorbed by this Hero's Tribe.  This ability conflicts with Sacrificial Priest and a Hero cannot take both.
* Sacrificial Priest: Can only be taken once.  When another Tribe is defeated in battle, any Clans that are killed off grant the victor 15 mana.  If a Monster is killed the tribe receives 10 mana per Monster level.  This ability conflicts with Slaver and a Hero cannot take both.
Slaver is straight up superior to Sacrificial Priest since you can just sacrifice the clans later if you need mana.

Overall a big improvement, and I didn't notice any problems beyond those I pointed out (monsters are great btw), but there is still incentive to delay the start of the second era unnaturally. For example, to make more fauna so resource gathering will be more effective. I still think giving a mana reward to the winner is the best solution to that problem.

EDIT: Oh yeah! Just a slight question on monsters, do they gain some might/hp when they level up or do you have to select the relevant abilities if you want to improve their stats when they level up?
EDIT2: Can healing be used to resurrect a hero?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 07:52:28 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 09, 2015, 05:04:59 am »

1. 25 Mana. Link Azure Chamber with  Vein of the Inferno.
2/3 Pass.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 09, 2015, 07:53:25 am »

I'll also just go though and say that comes to mind

All Actions from the previous Era are permitted at their old cost.

I'm not sure if this is a bad thing per say, but since land destruction is still a thing, and since you have to put all your eggs in one basket so to say, it seems like that's going to be horrifically powerful for whoever can get the best mana income. Maybe not a issue, since I mean, plants had that issue last round. But since mana is not so widely available anymore, it's going to be a lot harder/impossible to defend against that sorta thing now. At least it seems that way to me.

Tribes and Clans

It doesn't say if you can swap what type a clan is, so I'm wondering if that's possible. However, if it is I think you're going to end up with infinite stalemates when two tribes are close to each other, since nether can afford to let the others turn into warrior clans and just let them roll over them.
Also crafting Clans seem to render earth lands useless. Since they make the same thing.

One big thing as well, there are only a few "good" places for tribes. How do we decide who gets to put their tribes down first?

Terrestrial, Subterranean or Aerial

It seems weird to suddenly go from a 5 elemental system to a 3 one, but it seems okay.

Spells

The spells generally seem unclear on which ones have multiple levels

Monsters

What is a friendly tribe?

And then just overall, I gota say. More and more I'm disliking the fact that we all have to play the same type of tribe. Both mechanically, and flavorful wise. I guess I'm a little bit salty that it turns out that despite a tie 'being possible' that doesn't actually matter, since the only reward for winning is something we're not allowed to split. Not to mention it just. Feels pointless in general that we go though all this effort to create fantastical creatures in a fantastical world, but it doesn't matter because in the end we have to just someone elses stuff and everything we made has been reduced to livestock for the winner. This certainly isn't a mechanical issue (well, not quite. I guess it's pretty important to consider that we're all going to be forced to be Aerial races). It's just something that has been bugging me more and more as we reach the anticlimax of the first era.

Annnyway. The rules are still quite a bit more complex then I would like to be honest. To come perfectly clean I've not enjoyed the competitive and mechanical aspects of this game, I've only been in it for the creative part of crafting a world. And as we move further and further away from the creative aspects and turning it more and more into a competitive board game type thing, I'm just a bit saddened. But that's probably not important. The above are my thoughts on the rules, just my random thoughts. I dunno, I'm not good at balancing boardgames. It's probably not possible to balance it fully right away anyway, especially since we did the first era without forward thinking towards these rules, so even with a good rule set this game at least is going to be pretty unbalanced.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 09, 2015, 07:58:09 am »

This certainly isn't a mechanical issue (well, not quite. I guess it's pretty important to consider that we're all going to be forced to be Aerial races).
Hah? I'm pretty sure Fire creatures could qualify for any of the three types if needed, I'd been considering making them Terrestial if I win. And the crystals can't become aerial type since they can't spread to sky lands.

Annnyway. The rules are still quite a bit more complex then I would like to be honest. To come perfectly clean I've not enjoyed the competitive and mechanical aspects of this game, I've only been in it for the creative part of crafting a world. And as we move further and further away from the creative aspects and turning it more and more into a competitive board game type thing, I'm just a bit saddened. But that's probably not important. The above are my thoughts on the rules, just my random thoughts. I dunno, I'm not good at balancing boardgames. It's probably not possible to balance it fully right away anyway, especially since we did the first era without forward thinking towards these rules, so even with a good rule set this game at least is going to be pretty unbalanced.
The revised rules are in my sweetspot as far as complexity goes, and I personally like some crunch to go with my fluff, but I understand where you're coming from vis a vis your creatures not getting any recognition in the second era.

However, you can still make monsters that are based on your creatures? Monsters are cool.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:00:16 am by Demonic Spoon »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 09, 2015, 08:21:23 am »

Ah, right, I misunderstood a bit. Right, Terrestial makes sense. I guess I just got in my head somehow that Volcanos were Aerial, thus you'd go Aerial. Aerial would probably fuck up the other players somewhat, but on the other hand it'd also force a tribe to start on your realm, so I have no idea what you want.

And yeah. Mechanically focused games can be good and all, I enjoy playing them, and they can often add to the fluff instead of take away from it, example being the whole death of plants thing. It just. Hum, how to say. To be honest with this level of complexity I honestly don't have faith that it will be good the first time around. Especially considering how we're not going to start on anything like equal ground, which seems like it's only going to agitate the flaws in the design. That's not a knock on Iituems GMing, just that with this level of complexity I don't think it CAN turn out well without testing. Along with the creative aspect seems like it has a lot less room in this one (partially because of the subject matter, partially because of the mechanics). Hum. That it's going to turn away from the creative stuff and into the mechanical stuff more, and the mechanical stuff seems like it's going to be questionable, so a loss without a gain. If that makes sense? Does that make sense? I dunno. Whatever.

Edit: I will note, for all this complaining I'm doing. I don't actually have any useful suggestions.  :-[ So really, in retrospect, I'm not being helpful at all, I'm just whining for no reason. I think, it'd be a good idea for me to stop. That's probably not a good thing to be doing.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:23:09 am by Criptfeind »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 09, 2015, 08:23:47 am »

I don't really see a loss of creativity, just a change in focus. Rather than creating new creatures, you're creating new cultures, new artifacts, new heroes, new monsters. It's a sidegrade, not a downgrade
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:25:32 am by Demonic Spoon »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 09, 2015, 08:27:57 am »

The tribe can't split up - that's a deliberate design choice.  In the Era you will be playing in, cities and permanent settlements don't exist yet - even the 'towns' you can build aren't truly permanent.  You are god of a nomadic tribe, and the cultural influence of your tribe cannot extend beyond its immediate location.  If it helps, imagine that if clans leave they decide to strike off on their own, but new clans join or are born to replace them.  The clan number is the maximum your tribe can support.

With the Abyss vs Aerial the idea was that in an Abyss the laws of physics get somewhat screwy, so aerodynamics don't always work well enough to fly without crashing into a wall or accidentally travelling at 240mph.

For adaptation, as something similar to the original, then; on creation of your tribe, you pick your starting land.  On your starting land (your adapted land) you get a 10% bonus to all production.  On your opposed land (Sky to Cavern; Volcano to Sea; Plains to Abyss) you take a 20% malus to production because of effort spent trying to live under the hostile conditions

Or, as you say, it costs 1 mana/tribe/turn and a spell slot (you need magic) to survive in completely opposed regions; Plains vs Abyss or Sky; Sea vs Volcano or Abyss; Volcano vs Sea or Caverns; Caverns vs Volcano or Sky; Sky vs Plains or Caverns; Abyss vs Plains or Sea.

Or the above but based on Sphere, as you say.

The reason I changed it, though, is to reflect the problems of races who can't fly (such as humans) living in Sky lands.  I don't want to drop Adaptation completely because of that, so if you have an alternate suggestion I'd like to hear it.

Battle is less lethal, yes.  This is deliberate, because you should nerf when balancing, but I can always rebalance that.  If all your clans are killed and you still have enough resources you can try and attract new ones.  If not, you are out of the game unless someone gives you enough resources to produce a new Clan.  So yes, tribe is destroyed.

Curse artefact lets the wielder pick the target.  Re: Artefacts and Counterspell, I think I'll add a new spell effect:

* Spell Piercing: Each level of this effect lowers the target's Counterspell Level by 1 with regards to the effects the rest of the spell's effects.  Base Cost: 1*.  *Note:  The cost for the spell piercing effect is simply equal to the level, not squared (e.g. Spell Piercing 5 costs 5 mana, not 25).  This is the only way for an artefact to pierce Counterspells.

Hrm.  Would rebalancing the mana gain from the Sacrifice effect to 10 (in line with the cost of Healing) and keeping the Sacrificial Priest ability at 15 or maybe setting it to 18 work?

Monsters only gain Might/HP when they level up.  Design choice.  I'm also going to say that yes, you can use the Healing effect to resurrect a Hero in place of a Clan (or as one of the 'Clans' resurrected by the spell).

As regards to this Era's winner bonuses, I'd like a suggestion from someone who isn't Cript or Spoon on that, just because there might be a teeny weeny bit of bias in their suggestions.  I'm currently thinking that maybe they start with a bonus Clan or two.  :P

Ninja Responses:  I did kind of want that Land destruction thing to be a threat still, although I will rule that if you destroy someone's Land when they're on it their tribe can escape to a nearby Land.

Hrm  Going to say that yes you can swap Clan types.  Mulled over saying that you couldn't, or that there would be a cost for Clan swapping, might be better.  But the swap only happens at the end of your turn, so you can't instantly militarise.

Winner gets first pick of Land, and then I'll just roll a random list for the next order ('player to your left').

All spells have multiple levels (except maybe Travel, but I might allow that in case you want to teleport multiple Tribes at once).  You can stack effects, but the mana cost increases geometrically..

A friendly tribe is one you aren't attacking, basically anyone who accepts the trade.  Player's decision.

I have to say, I really didn't expect a tie to happen.  I've been quite set on the idea of only one race evolving sapience at once, and that everybody would play tribes of that race (so different cultures of 'humanity', in effect), but I suppose there's no reason we can't just have two evolve at once.  After all, this is a fantasy world.  The thing is, the creative aspects are what interest me as well, primarily.  As the GM I need to look out for the rules, and I have to bear in mind that there is deliberately a competitive aspect to it.

On the other hand, this should also be fun.  So bearing in mind the 'Era' in which the Second Era takes place (Paleolithic to early Bronze Age), what would you suggest as ways to keep the creative side of things up and running?  Just go wild and suggest anything that might make sense and I'll see if there's a crunch skeleton that would work beneath it.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 09, 2015, 08:34:50 am »

Monsters only gain Might/HP when they level up.  Design choice.
So they do gain might and hp without you needing to choose the might or hp ability at the levelup? You seem to have misunderstood my question slightly.

As regards to this Era's winner bonuses, I'd like a suggestion from someone who isn't Cript or Spoon on that, just because there might be a teeny weeny bit of bias in their suggestions.  I'm currently thinking that maybe they start with a bonus Clan or two.  :P
Superserious mode here, if we don't get a bonus I'm going to try my best to drag out the first era for probably another 3 rounds at least. Which I'm pretty sure none of the other players want.

Hrm.  Would rebalancing the mana gain from the Sacrifice effect to 10 (in line with the cost of Healing) and keeping the Sacrificial Priest ability at 15 or maybe setting it to 18 work?
Yes, anything as long as you get a better bonus from the priest than from the sacrifice spell.

Regarding adaptation, I'll have to mull it over a bit.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:36:25 am by Demonic Spoon »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 09, 2015, 08:48:41 am »

I'll wait for other ideas re: bonuses.  With Monster you have to choose Might or HP, yes.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28