Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]

Author Topic: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.  (Read 43515 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.
« Reply #405 on: July 05, 2015, 06:01:08 pm »

At somepoint between the thread dying previously and now this was put up on steam, too.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 06, 2015, 09:10:34 pm »

It's definitely F2P now. I don't think any of the content is locked to free players. There's still a huge gap in terms of convenience between premium and F2P and about as large in term of progress: extra inventory space, better/more sidekicks, increased drops and experience. I assume the experience gap plays a bigger role at higher level, but honestly who here expect to keep playing a MMO long enough for that to matter? :P It would probably also matter for PvP, but that's not really the main focus of the game anyway. And I think you need premium to run for governor and such, but who cares about that?

I haven't paid a single dime and feel like the progress is good enough that this isn't an issue for me. In fact, I feel like experience and drops might have been improved since the last time I played. I've had a  bit more time to sink into this so I can say a bit more about the changes.

Dungeons are now available in easy and normal mode. Easy has the same enemies, but in fewer numbers, and the same drops. Most achievements require to be done in normal mode, but those aren't much harder to do with other people. Easy is mostly to allow people to solo dungeons with their sidekicks. The drop rate from dungeons seems to have been improved. Either that or the effect of prospecting has been improved. Either way, I managed to get a full set of royal gobball after only 2 easy run and most of the pieces for the imperial set. In addition to that, a new distribution machine thingy is available outside each dungeon. Running said dungeon gives you tokens (which do not take inventory space) which you can trade for whatever item is dropped in the dungeon. So you might still have to grind a dungeon to get the token, but at least you are guaranteed to get whatever item you are missing for a set.

There's also been some changes to crafting. Some recipes were removed or changed, generally to make them easier. Crafting is still grindy as any other MMO tho. There were also a few additions, but I don't quite remember enough what was available to comment on this.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 06, 2015, 09:58:43 pm »

Is the guild still around? I was thinking of maybe playing this some more when we leave for vacation for a bit, since it'll run well on my laptop stil I bet.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 06, 2015, 10:18:59 pm »

The guild is still around, if rather inactive. Even I am not in it since my last character never joined. I'll be on mostly on my eliatrop (Xela Reza as a reminder), so feel free to send a whisper/tell/message or friend request.

Also, I just switched back to my cra for a few minutes and getting half a dozens achievements or so in the process. Apparently skills were also changed. Existing characters get a free skill reset that must be used within 7 days. From what I've seen, the skills are not very differents, on Cras at least, but a few are quite welcome changes. For example, cras no longer have elemental specifics beacons. Each beacons can do multiple effect depending on the skill used. I have no idea about other classes, but the training room is nice to test these around, so anyone planning to come back should expect some testing and fiddling around with skills and attributes before getting back into the meat of the game.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 07, 2015, 01:25:11 pm »

Double posting because major update just in!

First, the mundane:

Three new dungeons were added for levels ranging between 56 and 77 if I remember correctly. Nothing to really concern ourselves with yet.

The first chapter of the main storyline was reintroduced. I did not realized that it was missing until it was back. I don't know if the missions were changed, but back to Mount Zinit!

Second, the meat of the update:

Scratch everything I said in the previous post about minor changes to the skills and attributes systems. This update bring a complete revamp of the whole thing. It doesn't just make changes to the skills, it also completely changes the system as we knew it. Over is the time of planning fixed builds that might be terrible in some circumstance (or worse, in every circumstances). We now have access to every skill and can juggle with them on different sets.

A new character starts with 4 slot for active skills (which includes elemental skills and the old active abilities) and a passive slot. You gain extra slots as you level up. Active and passive abilities no longer require to be ranked, they start at rank 0 at a specific level (which depends on each) and get upgraded automatically when you reach 100 levels after unlocking them to rank 1.

A quick note concerning the update, the first time you log in, make sure to go reset your skill right away. There should be a button at the bottom of your character page to teleport to the training room. Because the old attributes and skills were changed, you wouldn't be able to attack anything otherwise.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 07, 2015, 01:29:04 pm »

Halp, Osa skills are in french. Thanks, alexwazer.
And they seem to have replaced the green line entirely.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 03:12:40 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]