Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28

Author Topic: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.  (Read 43519 times)

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.
« Reply #375 on: August 08, 2014, 10:34:15 pm »

Imperial Shin Larva set is extremely good for it's level (linky), but it is annoying to get. Especially since the keys/key mats tend to be rather boring to obtain and you get no where enough skins in a single run for more keys. Also, -15 initiative sucks if you care about that at all.

I finally got the last piece of my carnivore set, so my feca shall be mostly geared for a while now. Since I've be going out of my way to keep my trapper skill more or less around my own level, that means I can focus a bit more on leveling this week-end.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #376 on: August 08, 2014, 11:01:47 pm »

oh wow yeah, -15 init is incredibly terrible. Not like you're doing PvP at that level, but still definitely something to note.

I'll also probably start playing my masqueraider. Starting to get into that "Iops are boring" rut.

Lotta damage, not a lot else. :P

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 08, 2014, 11:43:53 pm »

I'll also probably start playing my masqueraider. Starting to get into that "Iops are boring" rut.

Lotta damage, not a lot else. :P

I feel like most damage dealer classes end up like that. Cras do, I can say that much.

Also, on an unrelated note, the latest diplomatic shenanigans between Brakmar and Amakna/Sufokia lead me to a decision. I'll be creating a new character on my alt account, which I'll play every now and then, that shall remain unaffiliated with any nation... forever. That way, whenever war occurs, I'll be able to use him to create groups with people from enemy nation, even if every nation is at war with every other.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 09, 2014, 12:16:32 am »

... doesn't that, like. Not work? Forget exactly what happened, but the last time I moved an unaffiliated character off into a nation a lot of stuff was just flat locked out, iirc. Think it might even have blocked grouping, but I don't quite recall.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 09, 2014, 01:20:52 am »

I know that it doesn't prevent grouping while in Astrub, but I never went further than that without choosing a nation, so it might be the case. If it is, I'll just keep him in newblands forever; that works, we did that yesterday or 2 days ago, I forgot. I wouldn't be surprised if boats, outside the ones to and from Astrub, and dragoexpresses didn't work, since those also can't be used when in an enemy nation. I guess I'll have to see.

Astfgl66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 09, 2014, 01:33:52 am »

I tried powerleveling another account and found out that my nationless character couldn't join fights in a nation's territory (the stalagmotes territory in brakmar if that matters) without being in a nation himself. I did not try starting a fight with him and joining with my higher level character so maybe that will work, but i doubt it. I grouped up in Astrub just fine, don't know if you can when leaving astrub but the group doesn't disband automatically.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 09, 2014, 01:47:15 am »

Just tested it and sadly you were right, can't even initiate a fight in nation's territories without choosing one first. Oh well, that will make it easier, I'll just keep a level 1 character on Astrub to send out invite if needed.

Astfgl66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 09, 2014, 02:06:26 am »

Yeah, i think it is because of the politics and outlaws problems. If you could play nationless basically nothing could prevent you from ruining the ecosystem because you wouldn't lose citizenship points since you wouldn't be a citizen of anything, thus preventing you from being outlawed and hunted down for citizen points.

That said for those interested there is in the works a riktus clan, basically a 5th nation composed of bandits and who will focus mainly on PvP.
From the same topic it is planned to remove  the restriction on grouping up with a member of an enemy nation (this is because they plan to make it so that each nation can only have 1 ally).
That update planned in september will introduce pvp as a major point, basically once you hit level 35 you will be able to choose between being a guard or a riktus or neither via a quest (if you don't want to pvp you will be able to just ignore the quest) and there will be special reward for pvp between people that did the quest.

Source (in french):http://forum.wakfu.com/fr/398-retours/364352-clan-riktus
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 02:34:01 am by Astfgl66 »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 09, 2014, 12:44:31 pm »

maybe they should make Astrub a 5th faction, it is controlled by NPCs but has the same laws, i dont know why Ankama made it an NPC nation without any interesting interaction......

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 09, 2014, 01:12:15 pm »

Anyone has any idea were you can find trools? :I, wakfu elements lists them as a monster, but it seems they can only be found at the end of a gladiatrool challenge thing.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 09, 2014, 10:34:28 pm »

*insert 4chan joke here*

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 10, 2014, 07:17:31 pm »

I'm online right now, if anyone wants to do the Gobbal Dungeon (Bello Garden, lvl 18 minimum) with me, it'd be much appreciated!

edit: I have a spare Woolly Key if anyone needs it to get into the dungeon.
edit edit: I gone now, I'll be back on tomorrow though to hopefully do the same thing.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:13:24 pm by Cthulufaic »

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 11, 2014, 09:43:28 am »

I'm up for some dungeoning since going around solo gets boring fast. Will probably be online longer today so if anyone in the guild could try inviting me again later ( Hasebe ).

Damn, i thrown away one of the costumes for that blob pet by mistake :/

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 11, 2014, 11:04:49 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yesterday a higher level iop and lower level eniripsa attacked me in the mines to make me stop mining, I beat them both :P

Anyway, I'll be on later today so I can prob take you people to some dungeon after leveling a bit, or take you to fight monks with me, whatever works.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 11, 2014, 11:14:17 am »

I am the online now yes
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28