Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28

Author Topic: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.  (Read 43518 times)

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.
« Reply #390 on: August 11, 2014, 01:09:31 pm »

So that Stasis % does anything aside from look bad or i can freely cut down everything i can ?

Also why finding some artichokes is so hard. Nothing in the fields in three zones. Nothing on auction house...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:26:09 pm by Antur »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 11, 2014, 07:54:07 pm »

some equipment has additional effects if your gauge meets its requirements.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 12, 2014, 12:20:10 pm »

I think I have reached a point where leveling alone will not be reasonable untill I get to capture whisperer infantries and crossbowmen, meaning I'll have to find people who are willing to fight scary things with me, our guild is so inactive right now tho :/, or are making new characters and so are underleveled to be fighting the same things as me.

I guess I'll start searching for groups, or maybe I should make a new character :I, I was thinking of making a water/something Ecaflip.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 12, 2014, 02:55:20 pm »

If you think you can team up with a level 52 cra, just shoot me a pm when you're online and I can jump on.

AngelXDv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 12, 2014, 04:08:04 pm »

Just a PTW

Astfgl66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 12, 2014, 04:42:06 pm »

I've myself hit a bump in my levelling attempts, for the past 15 levels i've been killing increasingly stronger groups of stalagmotes and i cant seem to find any other enemy with the same risk/reward ratio (about 60 to 100k exp a fight without losing health).
Any tip on where to level after 55?

Also i can only get behind an attempt at an ecaflip, with only the advice that focusing early on water may make it difficult to level because water early (till 21, so you can max flealine army) lacks punch. So i'd advise respeccing after that level into water if you want it to be your primary branch.
Spells i'd suggest: fleahopper max, the flea glyph max, rough tongue max. The pouncing spell, while good damage is pretty difficult to use and puts you at melee range, solething you usually dont want to as an ecaflip. Hunter is potentially very rewarding but i see it better suited for pvp than pve.
Also, putting a point in range early will help tremendously..

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 12, 2014, 05:27:02 pm »

The water ecaflip is actually just as capable of competitive damage as others early on. Rough Tongue has a pretty destructive damage/ap ratio, fleahopper isn't great on the damage side of things, but it can boost your damage in the long run or boost yourself and your allies. The last spell, the flea glyph is just hilarious, I've managed to place it under 5 enemies and they all died within the first turn, the water eca isn't weak at all.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 12, 2014, 06:37:56 pm »

After 55 I leveled at calamar island, but I'm an osa so that may not be helpful to you.

Also guys, I ended up leaving the guild D:, I joined up with kraft which are these weird mega rich guys with a haven world so I would get help at whisperers, but you guys can call on me whenever. It seems that summoner osa relies on very few select equipment pieces to suceed at higher levels, so I'll need all the help I can get, that or I'll have to wear the same equipment forever or switch builds later.

If I do make another character tho, I'll join up with you guys again.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Astfgl66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 13, 2014, 12:21:03 am »

I was not saying that a water eca was weak, in fact what it lacks in damage potential it easily makes up for it with utility and survivability.
Its just that i had a hard time early on while focusing on water because my damage was a bit lackluster.
But, you cannot argue that a water eca is just as capable of damage as  say a fire eca, with luck the damage it can  deal is just stupid, now if you're talking about sustained damage and not burst i can easily see a water eca compete.

I'll look into calamar island, thanks.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 13, 2014, 12:55:41 am »

Apparently, Hoodlums occasionally drop haven gems. I just got a deco-gem from one.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #400 on: August 13, 2014, 02:14:42 am »

After 55 I leveled at calamar island, but I'm an osa so that may not be helpful to you.

Also guys, I ended up leaving the guild D:, I joined up with kraft which are these weird mega rich guys with a haven world so I would get help at whisperers, but you guys can call on me whenever. It seems that summoner osa relies on very few select equipment pieces to suceed at higher levels, so I'll need all the help I can get, that or I'll have to wear the same equipment forever or switch builds later.

If I do make another character tho, I'll join up with you guys again.

Perfectly fine! I'll make a note about that in the OP.

Apparently, Hoodlums occasionally drop haven gems. I just got a deco-gem from one.

They also drop some pretty decentish weapons too. They're definitely worth killing if you can pull it off.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 13, 2014, 07:23:28 am »

They can also drop class emblems (altough you need at least 400 prospecting to have a chance of them dropping it, meaning at least 2 people with sidekicks) and stasili crystals, which you can feed your pet schnek with. Anyway, if you have people with you and there are hoodlums around, you should prob try to fight them if you are able to.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 01, 2015, 11:14:07 pm »

Necroing this because, for some reason, I got a urge to get back into it recently. I made a new character named Xela Reza which isn't in the old guild (which still exist btw).

A few (possibly old) news about the game.

Eliatrops (named eliotrops instead) have been released at some point in the past. They are the portal version of some decentish glass cannon mixed with some crowd control skills. You could consider them a less gimmicky version of the Xelors.

Tutorial was changed along with some of the maps. This apparently resulted in all characters becoming nationless, unless that's due to some other mechanic or something.

Major changes in the lock/dodge mechanics. I still don't fully understand how it works, but from what I've seen lock/dodge is no longer a hit/miss thing. Instead, you use a certain amount of AP/MP to move out of lock zone. I'm not sure I really like this change, but I haven't played around enough to get a clear idea about it yet.

Based on what I remember of the stats system and how it worked when leveling up, that was also changed. You get to increase stats in different categories at fixed level; each category including similar skills. This removes part of the versatility, but also reduces the risk of messing up a build.

*Coming soon* A recent devblog announced the coming of a hero system at some point in July. This premium system will allow people to replace some of their sidekicks with some of their other characters, allowing normal progress on these secondary characters. The price has not been announced yet, but I am hoping that since it's so easy to multi client already, they won't be too greedy with this premium feature. The devblog mentioned multi clienting, but without giving any indication that they were planning to put a stop to it. This system is meant as a user-friendly alternative to make it easier for people to play multiple characters at once.

There's probably a lot of other stuff, but I only restarted yesterday, so that's all I noticed so far.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 05, 2015, 01:48:47 pm »

How F2P is this nowadays? Because, as people've noted in the thread, it used to be more like demo where once you got out of the starting area, you couldn't do much of anything. (I think there was also a stretch where you could buy subscription time with ingame currency at a positively ludicrous rate.) Looking at the site, it seems like you have full access now, but do you get to do stuff, or do you perpetually feel like a second-class citizen?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 05, 2015, 05:18:05 pm »

How F2P is this nowadays? Because, as people've noted in the thread, it used to be more like demo where once you got out of the starting area, you couldn't do much of anything. (I think there was also a stretch where you could buy subscription time with ingame currency at a positively ludicrous rate.) Looking at the site, it seems like you have full access now, but do you get to do stuff, or do you perpetually feel like a second-class citizen?
I never got far enough to get to the point where I'd need to pay to do things that I wanted, but I don't think I got very far in the first place before going off to do other things.  I think I got around to level 20 or something and didn't even care, so AFAIK you need to get to the end-game stuff to really start caring about paying.

It definitely isn't Runescape.

EDIT: in any case, seeing this thread made me want to play again and start a new character.  It also seems that I stopped playing before a dank-huge updoot, so Bronco Bojax was deleted.
It ALSO seems like I tried to get back into it before, since I have a character.  D'oh well.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:21:10 pm by Cthulufaic »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28