Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The Captain [Experimental]  (Read 3625 times)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Captain [Experimental]
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2015, 05:21:16 pm »

They'll want to plunder our ship, not destroy it, so our focus must be on speed and maneuvarbility, taking shots at then while we're at it. Ready the cannons!

Aye, Captain!  Who do you want taking the wheel?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2015, 05:28:04 pm »

Captain! Shall I challenge their leader to trial by cook-off?
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2015, 05:42:33 pm »

Aye, Capt'n, Seaman vjmdhzgr is onto something!  He can head out in a small paddle boat to talk with the enemies, and while they're distracted, we can blast 'em!  They'll never suspect the cook as a decoy!
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2015, 06:41:13 pm »

Aye, Capt'n, Seaman vjmdhzgr is onto something!  He can head out in a small paddle boat to talk with the enemies, and while they're distracted, we can blast 'em!  They'll never suspect the cook as a decoy!

Trial by cook-off is a tradition that goes back centuries.  Breaching the implicit truce of a cook-off trial is considered a grave breach of etiquette by most cultures.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2015, 06:50:09 pm »

Trial by cook-off is a tradition that goes back centuries.  Breaching the implicit truce of a cook-off trial is considered a grave breach of etiquette by most cultures.
Indeed, as Vice-Captain I forbid such a ruse. Instead, we should ram the flagship, board it, and take their captain hostage!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2015, 07:27:22 pm »

"As ship lawyer I vote with Super Kami guru Lord-captain cheesecake on this matter." I push what looks like a low desk into an empty cannon position.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2015, 09:01:25 pm »

With my cannon now all set up, ready myself to light the fuse.

Shall I fire a warning shot Captain?

Please?

Start twitching with anticipation
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 09:03:01 pm by Megggas »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2015, 03:03:17 am »

There are three of them, and they'll want to overhaul us. Let's look like a frightened merchantman, let two of them overhaul our flanks, and when they get there we cripple them with a double broadside.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2015, 05:28:15 am »

Ol' Peg-Leg Shebbie is right. Load up the cannons, boys! The seas are calm. Make sure they're sighted correctly and then wait for the word.

Gunnery Officer Guni makes sure all the cannons are loaded, charged, fused, and sighted properly. He also checks to make sure all the slow matches are ready.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2015, 07:17:15 am »

Begins practising his objections.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2015, 12:23:37 pm »

Well if I'm not challenging them to a cook-off, then I guess I'll just make sure winner's be ready on time. *sadly walks to the lower deck*
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2015, 04:51:29 pm »

Looks toward whoever is posted at the Crow's Nest and yells:

Aye Lad, what's the status of the approaching vessels?

ARG! I'm tired of waiting!

Light the fuse!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 12:46:32 am by Megggas »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]