Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The Captain [Experimental]  (Read 3628 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The Captain [Experimental]
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2015, 10:45:40 am »

I vote we go to Byzantium, the capital of the Byzantine Empire.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2015, 01:42:34 pm »

Rightly so, Seaman Sheb.
Always good trading going on there, stories to catch up with the varangians, and, if we want to plunder, we can pay a visit to the slav's of the nearby regions.

As in, I also vote for Byzantium.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2015, 01:45:58 pm »

My title is Commodore Sheb, Seaman Lurker. Just because we agree doesn't mean you can forget discipline!

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2015, 01:53:24 pm »

That is very strange indeed, Seaman Sheb - just as Seaman Andres was not declared second in command by any other vote than his own, a decision which you disapproved, were you also not recommended by any other lest yourself to your imagined position as "Commodore"...?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2015, 01:56:37 pm »

My position was validated by Captain Cheesecake.

Also, we kinda have to work out the rank system. Since no one's opposed any votes, Sheb is commodore and Andres is second-in-command until voting period is over. vjmdhzgr is also chef. 3man75 is alcoholic moleman.

Of course, since we currently have a single ship, my rank is more ceremonial that anything else until we get a proper squadron, and I'll defer to Captain Cheesecake for matters aboard the Teatanic. I'll cut you some slack since this whole situation is pretty new, but I expect you to observe military courtesy in the future, Seaman Lurker.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2015, 01:57:11 pm »

Cook-off! Cook-off! Cook-off!
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2015, 02:06:50 pm »

I agree with the Commodore's decision to go to Byzantium.  I'm ready to plunder!
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2015, 02:07:28 pm »

Hmm, seems my ears have been acting up. Still, people declaring themselves owner of a position that is close in power to our Lord-Captain, strikes me as a possible hot-bed for mutinity by such people.

I vote that there may only be a single Vice-Captain, which is to be appointed by our Lord-Captain!

Obviously, as our Lord-Captain seems to prefer TRIAL to decide certain matters, and "Commodore" Sheb likewise as "Second in Command" Andres, both wish to have a rank conferred upon them that is close in nature to that of a Vice-Captain, I would have a design in mind on how to bestow only one of them with this illustrious title.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2015, 03:13:43 pm »

I vote against Lurker's idea!

It was the Captain who already decided these ranks.  I trust the Captain's judgement.

Walk over to Commodore Sheb and whisper to him:
Seaman Lurker has been speaking against the Captain's arrangements ever since he first opened his mouth.  I believe he's trying to turn us against each other to spark a mutiny and usurp the Capt'n.  He's dangerous....

Position my hand near my sword
...just give the order, Commodore.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2015, 03:50:15 pm »

"I will not have sailors fight each others, Seaman Meggas, although your discipline is noted and approved of. "

*Climbs on Teatanic forecastle*

"Now men, we've argued enough already! While we ditter and futter, we make no progress. We're no rabbles of paesants, we're sailors! We are patriots, and our fatherland is the Teatanic!

Enough with the arguing and the dittering. We need to unite in the face of adversity. And adversity there is..."

".. for a black sail is pressing unto us!"

The sailors suddenly stop arguing as they turn. Indeed, on the horizon a tiny triangle of black is steadily growing

"To you battle stations comrade! We shall show thos pirates how the Teatanic fight!"

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2015, 04:29:10 pm »

Aye aye sir!
Man one of the cannons and prepare for combat!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 04:30:45 pm by Megggas »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2015, 04:33:25 pm »

The sailors suddenly stop arguing as they turn. Indeed, on the horizon a tiny triangle of black is steadily growing

Behind it, another two black sails crest over the horizon.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2015, 04:43:32 pm »

Sir, we're outnumbered!  Shall we retreat or pursue?

Begin loading the cannon and preparing it to fire

I'm ready to die in glorious battle, Capt'n!  I'll gladly follow whichever decision is made!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2015, 05:16:53 pm »

(Actually, I meant Commodore and Second in command because no one else stopped them. It seems people do want them to keep their ranks though.)

Our first trial men! Let the foe come to us, and prepare to bombard. Do not let them surround us!

They'll want to plunder our ship, not destroy it, so our focus must be on speed and maneuvarbility, taking shots at then while we're at it. Ready the cannons!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2015, 05:18:25 pm »

Take my station!
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6