Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Dominions 4 - Round 12 (And We're Up!)  (Read 20098 times)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 - Round 12 (And We're Up!)
« Reply #210 on: January 06, 2015, 10:41:09 am »

Defence helps against melee attacks, so by nature anything ranged will hit them. I'm not sure how they function against AOE melee though (like being hit with a frost brand).

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 06, 2015, 10:43:49 am »

The defense will help against the melee component of the frost brands, but the AOE effect triggers regardless of whether the melee attack hits or not. So in other words a front brand works pretty much identical to any other AOE attack, just with 1 range and an additional melee attack thrown in.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 06, 2015, 10:45:15 am »

So now AlStar only needs a thug that won't instantly melt to Wot5E's  :P

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 06, 2015, 10:53:22 am »

Except they have resist 5 frost (and fire too, if using the other brand). That will halve the damage (12 according to the inspector), right ?

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 06, 2015, 11:11:07 am »

Well the obvious counter to Wot5E's (unbuffed) is massed archers due to their elite defence and abysmal protection.

akirilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 06, 2015, 03:20:15 pm »

That would be an obvious counter, had it not been for the fact that my archer unit is considered a HERO instead of a unit.  oops.  At a rate of 1 per turn per fortress, not easy to mass them :) .  My slightly less obvious (and much more difficult to get) counter is going to have to be Shimmering Fields.  Yeah, they have lightning resist 5, but to quote Worf: "Assimilate THIS!"  That is, of course, assuming my own troops can... survive the experience.

akirilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 05, 2015, 04:36:48 pm »

After a long period of silence, I am rezing the thread.  For some reason my work laptop refuses to start Dom 4 (crashes with an "unknown error" immediately), so I will not be able to make any moves or access games like I thought I was going to be.  I am on a business trip in LA atm, and will be back late Sunday night, so I would like to request an extension for the pending turn until Monday night - I'll get it done on Monday for sure.  I apologize for such a long delay - it wasn't my intention to make everyone wait.  If you think this request is unfair, I understand.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 05, 2015, 06:26:47 pm »

I've delayed the next turn.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]