Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Not impressed  (Read 10270 times)

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
Re: Not impressed
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2014, 01:37:28 am »

We already had history. Threetoad probably only had to add a couple of codes to make it move.
not even a couple probably just one
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2014, 01:46:51 am »

We already had history. Threetoad probably only had to add a couple of codes to make it move.

not even a whole code, just part of one

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2014, 04:43:59 am »

not even a whole code, just part of one

It's almost as if he doesn't even really care!
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2014, 06:29:47 am »

I heard it was only a pseudocode.

On a cocktail napkin.

It was inevitable.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2014, 07:34:36 am »

He could've done it in a cave.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2014, 08:01:05 am »

He didn't have to do anything.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Lanie

• Bay Watcher
  • A young philosopher playing DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2014, 08:04:05 am »

I understand the feelings of OP in some respect, though i agree with you about the fact, that this kind of features need their time and are certainly appreciable. In my opinion the feeling is raised by all the hopes and hypes (yes, there are some!) that are connected with the game,    especially when it comes to updates. Therefore i think it is hard to judge him for his disappointment, but it is still very alright to correct him: The actual update foreshadows what is yet to come.

I am very happy about this update, and i am not even a big fan (not yet?) of adventure mode (though i love nethack and similar games as everybody else does.). But there is still the very subjective (maybe even childish) part in me, that cultivate high hopes. Example given: I hope the update process will be alot faster next time, because there so many little features, that i think, are easy to implement (e. g. smoking dwarfs, gay dwarfes, new random dialoges, new items, the taverna, loading goblins into siegeequipments, little details) that will help the game to grow as well as the big wonderfull changes we got with the latest version of df. In fact it would be twofaced not to dream of these wonderfull little details and not to compare these ideas with the outcome of the work. It just natural to think and feel about this, as it is natural but wrong to conclude this update would not be a very big step forward! (fyi: i dont play masterworks/mods..(yet) )

This thread my be an wise addition to our discussion: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140305.0

Sincerely yours,
Lanie. (:

ps. please excuse my amateurish  english.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:19:52 am by Lanie »

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2014, 03:26:44 pm »

I removed some posts.  I'd appreciate it if people could go through the release period with their chill intact.
^ This is the point at which this conversation should have dispersed.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2014, 04:40:33 pm »

Anything I don't understand is easy to do.

Yes, I know he is obvious troll, but I just HAD to use so fitting Dilbert strip.
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2014, 05:29:07 pm »

Don't talk about me like I'm not here!

I do find it pretty funny that all of the threads/posts like this seems to have built some of you guys up to be so 'paranoid' or whatnot towards this sort of thing that such over-the-top sarcasm had been taken seriously (and/or maybe considered 'trolling'.)
Don't worry guys - I'm pretty sure no one around here is actually that stupid. :P

If there is, I'd say the proper course of action would be to applaud them for being able to play Dwarf Fortress in the first place.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 05:46:23 pm by Aninimouse »
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2014, 04:23:42 am »

Anything I don't understand is easy to do.

Yes, I know he is obvious troll, but I just HAD to use so fitting Dilbert strip.
It was obvious sarcasm, not trolling, I really doubt anyone on the forums who follows the game's development would actively criticise Toady like that.

At Aninimouse; no need for the insults, as Toady said, let's all keep our own chill and don't give others a reason to lose theirs.
Now, let's just all just leave the thread to die. (I know, I'm one to speak, right?)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2014, 04:50:51 am »

I'm not sure where the insults are, but if anyone took anything I said as an insult, I apologize.

Now it may drift off to die.

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2014, 05:08:42 am »

I took your comment as sarcasm if it helps, I was just incredibly done with the thread. In everyone else's defence, OP set the bar low.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]