New Conglomerate and Vanu Sovereignty
- 0 (0%)
Vanu Sovereignty and Terran Republic
- 1 (2.8%)
ALL OF THEM
- 8 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Planetside One is F2P now!  (Read 5721 times)

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside One is F2P now!
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2014, 12:00:58 pm »

I'm BojaxMgee with the TR.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2014, 01:38:14 pm »

Alright I have to ask, what's the deal with the TR chaingun. Every fight against TR I see players toting chain guns (wich is pretty much every TR player I see) blazing around mowing everyone down getting kills left and right. It kills so freaking quickly. I give this guy a face full of shotgun, doesn't take him down, I take one second of chaingun fire I'm dead. The difference in power is staggering.

Seriously this game looks like it isn't balanced for shit. Sorry but I'm out. Doesn't look like many are playing anyway.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2014, 02:08:19 pm »

Unfortunately, undisguised blatant hacking is fairly rife in the game now, which spoils the few times a good fight starts going. As there are pretty much no GM's any more, it's unusual for them to get banned.

I still hop on occasionally, and it can still be fun if you find one of the fights without a hacker.

Characters
Metalax, NC
XR42 , TR
XR43, VS
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2014, 02:43:29 pm »

You're complaining about the shotguns? pretty much every NC goes around with a jackhammer and kills everything. It takes like three VS soldiers to kill one NC with a jackhammer. And its not unusual to see the NC still win that fight.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2014, 02:54:09 pm »

The hacking I'm talking about is the instant kill any enemy in a wide area without needing to see them, teleport between bases while carrying LLU, ROF being set to 10x standard and so on. A quick Google search pulls up the code injector that they are using, and that it's been around since 2011 so unlikely that it will ever be defended against.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2014, 03:46:13 pm »

It might if SOE started to make money off the game again, somehow. Or at least saw a chance to. Unfortunately, that's probably not going to happen unless a bunch of people step in and get the game popular enough to merit a few corporate eyes.
Nothing important here, move along.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2014, 09:16:24 pm »

Ran into my first really bad hacker. Before it was just questionable rate of fire, which is almost surmountable, but this. The guys killed everyone in the base in a matter of one second, chewed through an AMS in about five. And there was more than one.

Kind of backfired though because one teleported in right next to my spitfire and the explosion killed them when their hack shot it up automatically.

That or they were just stupid enough to shoot it point blank.

So, best way to beat hackers? Lots of engineers with lots of placeables. Their cheating didn't even to manage to win them the base. I kept the entrances locked down tight enough that they couldn't get in quickly enough before we respawned.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2014, 09:53:27 am »

So i decided to try out TR for a while, just to see how its different from VS. I like their three man battle tank. It feels beefy. Then I went after that mini chaingun. I have never felt so powerful in planetside. Nothing on VS is anything approaching the power of it. I'm used to have terrible KD ratios. Like, 8/49 kind of bad. Just went nearly positive (Nearly because you just cant fix bad.) I don't know. Maybe VS has an ace up their sleeve I am unaware of. Beyond that I noticed that TR has a lot less structure to it. Maybe a quarter of the people in the assault were in the squad which was odd.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2014, 11:50:43 am »

Vanu have mobility and versatility. They can instantly switch between armor piercing and regular ammo on their native guns, their MAXs get jump jets, and their big vehicles have hover and can strafe and cross water.

If the population was higher you'd probably have better luck with the sovereignty because when they mass their fire they can pretty much mow through anything, be it vehicle, MAX, or infantry positions. The low pop fights currently don't really favor them because they lack the short range punch of New Conglomerate and the medium range weight of fire Terran Republic can spit out.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2014, 12:42:20 pm »

Vanu have mobility and versatility. They can instantly switch between armor piercing and regular ammo on their native guns, their MAXs get jump jets, and their big vehicles have hover and can strafe and cross water.

If the population was higher you'd probably have better luck with the sovereignty because when they mass their fire they can pretty much mow through anything, be it vehicle, MAX, or infantry positions. The low pop fights currently don't really favor them because they lack the short range punch of New Conglomerate and the medium range weight of fire Terran Republic can spit out.
There's the unfortunate crux of it. I doubt pops are gonna get much higher. As it is the populations of the other two tend to outnumber Vanu and I feel that if the population gets much higher, we're still going to have the lower numbers. Of course I have no proof of this so things very well could get better, but the prevailing feeling is that newcomers aren't coming. Of course this very thread is proof against that so maybe I'm just bitter and biased. Either way every time they taunt after killing me with either the chaingun or shotty is just so damn rage inducing.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2014, 12:53:31 pm »

Doesnt help that the lasher got nerfed heavily in the last ever balance patch.

Used to be able to kill a max with a full clip of alt fire.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2014, 12:54:00 pm »

If we were more organized it wouldn't be a problem. A couple of max teams with proper engineers would still plow through infantry with assault weapons. Good luck getting that organized though.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 01:16:17 pm by Kaitol »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2014, 01:32:35 pm »

PTW mostly, but for the record my old character is ToasterTheAwesome and NC.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2014, 05:24:27 pm »

Blargh. Just logged on and tried to play. Only one continent where fighting was happening and us Vanu only had one base, but it was the dropship facility. Since the TR and NC were both all on that continent and only like two vanu players were on, I thought they'd go for it. So I spent like an hour setting up a complete defense grid of the base and its closest tower. Full sensor coverage, turrets and mines covering each door and TRAPS and mines and turrets covering gates to stop vehicles. I even set up and fully upgraded an Aegis in the courtyard, filled an ANT and drove it under the aegis to hide it. Cerberus' at all the landing pads, upgraded all the wall turrets with a mix of anti vehicle and anti air.

No one ever came.

The only person I ever saw was one other Vanu fly over in a mosquito.

I think the game is dead. Which is a pity because I kind of liked it and its nice to have an MMFPS that runs perfectly smoothly at all times.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]