Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Heroes and generals. Interesting mix of multiplayer macro strategy and FPS.  (Read 23592 times)

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Never found out how to repair the tank on the field, I don't think you can.  Also Nelia, I recommend you skipping the Panzer II C (20mm cannon) and go straight to the Panzer 38T (37.2mm), the latter actually gives you a fighting chance against stuarts.  Good maneuvering with a 38T can get you tons of stuart kills, and since it's a small amount of large damage shells, they have less of a chance to notice and attack back.  The Panzer II C meanwhile, plinks away at their armor and they'll see your tracer fire and destroy you before you destroy them.   As for costs, the 38T costs 56,800 while the Panzer II C costs 42,600.

hmm looks like i will be skipping the pz2c then if the 38t costs just 14k more.
makes me wonder why the prices are even as they are i.e.
-switching to tank crew costs 22500 and comes with a free pz1
-buying a pz1 costs 35500??? that makes no sense as one is included in the 22500. so how can it alone cost even more than the tank + training to drive it?
-the pz2c costs 42600.... and if it really isnt that much of an improvement against Stuarts, then it is overpriced as the 38t costs just a bit more.
-and the 38t then with 56800.

it kind of feels more reasonable if it would be around i.e.:
-tank training 22500+pz1
-pz1 10-15k (still no idea why you would even buy a 2nd pz1, maybe it was first designed that you had to buy one after training and now get one free?)
-pz2c 20k? (as you unlock it rather quickly... its just at ribbon 2 and good luck earning 42k that quickly to upgrade to this one if in the time you spent to get the 40k you already unlocked the 38t. and earning 14k more then is less of a deal than earning 42k)
-pz38t 55k
(i wonder what the American light tank prices are)

but hey... i am a pretty new player, not like i played it for a year or so and know all the balance and quirks and why stuff is priced as it is etc. but especially these light tank prices feel very weird.
and their wiki seems to be quite outdated so no real luck finding tank prices on there when it doesnt even list all the tanks that are available now :D
in the ingame store credit prices are also not shown (just "unlock with gold") if you dont meet the requirements to buy something. it might be nice if they would list the price still but then popup the "you require ribbon xyz" again if you try to buy it and dont have the ribbon. (as i guess the price is not shown so you dont think you can buy it)

other stuff like a 100k credits expensive panzerschreck i can kind of understand so not everyone has one. (even though you unlock it rather quickly with explosives ribbon 1 !!! and have no money at all for a loooong time to buy one... i wonder why it is unlocked that quickly? the bazooka at ribbon 9 feels fine... but the panzerschreck at ribbon 1 and costing 100k? that combination feels kinda weird. also i wonder how expensive the bazooka is then...)

i saw something about Anti tank assault teams in the generals area, where you can upgrade a guard team to anti tank... so maybe the panzerschreck is kind of weird placed at the moment, because they plan to have a "anti tank" career path? (similar to the "recon" path) and with that career path you would mainly use the panzerschreck then if the map has access to anti tank teams. (i think their totally outdated wiki lists machinegunner, antitank and paratrooper as additional paths so maybe that comes at some point)

oh well no big deal... time to throw more pz1 against stuarts -_-" to get the 38t... and then get eaten by chaffees :D

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Well, anyone got trouble running the game like I do?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hot fixes again. Downtime prolly 2 hours again.

Dishwater

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Programmer
    • View Profile

My game runs fine with everything set to low and medium lags a bit.

I just started this today seems like fun trying to fight back the german warmachine. And when does general mode unlock? I want to get to the battles that matter not some random newbie training ones.

Cant seem to figure out how to join or chat in channels :-\.
So what side is bay12 fighting on?

Also did anyone unlock light machine guns, how does someone get ribbons for one if I cant use any.(got to use the jeeps or do some spawn in crates?)

Seems like the tactic of cycling behind the enemy and shooting them in the back works wonders ;-)

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My game runs fine with everything set to low and medium lags a bit.

I just started this today seems like fun trying to fight back the german warmachine. And when does general mode unlock? I want to get to the battles that matter not some random newbie training ones.

Cant seem to figure out how to join or chat in channels :-\.
So what side is bay12 fighting on?

Also did anyone unlock light machine guns, how does someone get ribbons for one if I cant use any.(got to use the jeeps or do some spawn in crates?)

Seems like the tactic of cycling behind the enemy and shooting them in the back works wonders ;-)

That is really simple stuff you asking.

1. You need warcoins to buy first set of units on general mode. Thats the one top left to choose hero or general mode.

2. Start battle with of choosing on command map. The first fast though get on the battle and rest needs to find another battle after that. It is kinda messy right now.
    Second option is to start battle and choose your battle trough dropdown menu stated Normal fight instead Training.

3. Trough comlepting ribbon ranks you unlock more weapons and items to use. Few hours game time can easily get you rank 5. You buy weapons with the coins.
    You buy jeep so you can use it on missions.

4. German is winning this round. I think it is 5th in row now.

So i am sticking in US side even i rather do axis. Look some tutorials from youtube. Pretty simple arcade and nothing complicated to figure out once played some hours.
Oh and you get prem time for new account 24h. After that your money and gold gain drops.
Have fun :D

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i think one lmg unlocks at some point in the ribbon line your starter rifle is in. the other unlocks in the lmg ribbon line then.
at least for germany, but i guess usa is similar, just check the ribbon of your semi auto (?) rifle or go to the store -> weapons and scroll down to the lmg, it should say on the left then what ribbon you need (if you click that ribbon there it opens the ribbon line for that i think so you can click around and see at what ribbon level it unlocks)

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And when does general mode unlock? I want to get to the battles that matter not some random newbie training ones.

In order to play real battles and access General Mode you have to level up to Rank 3. http://www.heroesandgenerals.com/community/14746/tier-based-matchmaking
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you use the squad leader attack/defend commands?

This can only be done while you have your binoculars equipped(B by default)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Oh man, had an epic battle where we blitzkrieged through the enemy lines, our tanks just did not let up the advance, we didn't even wait for infantry to cap, at one point I even ran over an allied infantryman when I was spearheading. Don't think we even lost many tanks during the attack, of course it helps that I didn't see many allied tanks on the field (They did have them though)

Also weird battle just now that was literally just 3 german tanks versus a few infantry, they didn't have much in the way of anti tank... (Though at the end someone with a m1a1 bazooka showed up and ganked me)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 08:01:25 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]