Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Heroes and generals. Interesting mix of multiplayer macro strategy and FPS.  (Read 23593 times)

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile

Xardalas and FireCrazy get on steam please.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

intense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

server is down syndrome

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I used to play this, I know I had some war bonds....  wonder how well that stuff had matured.

I'm also pretty sure tanks were in when I last played.  Just needed people to bring in armored units on the tacticalstrategic map.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 02:29:50 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm first time ever the names of German aircraft, tanks and equipment are written correctly without typos or unnecessary dashes, a +1 for that!

Looks a lot like WW2OL/Battleground Europe. Possibly a bit more arcadey but hey its trying to sell something new and anything is better than another epileptic sniper rifle/bazooka-tag or a CoD.  :P

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, its main sell is that units that are brought to the battle are actually in the battle.  For example, if the Axis does not have any armored squads in the battle, then Axis players fighting in the map have no access to armor. 

The fun thing is, their is a finite amount of units brought into battle and you can have players derping ALL the armor away by destruction/capture...  rocket units ahoy!
Of course, having infantry sweeping the area and relaying threats is needed to protect the armor...

EDIT: Well, from the looks of things, it may have changed since I last played...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 02:54:17 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks a lot like WW2OL/Battleground Europe. Possibly a bit more arcadey but hey its trying to sell something new and anything is better than another epileptic sniper rifle/bazooka-tag or a CoD.  :P

Beyond being set in WW2, it has little in common with WW2OL. Battles are set on medium-sized maps with 12v12 players (are they up to 16v16 now?), and gameplay is very arcadey (think health bars, serpentining, and needing multiple headshots from almost all guns to kill someone). Best way I can describe it is the arcade-mode of Red Orchestra 2 combined with a persistent strategy mode that makes individual battles have cascading consequences on later battles.

It's a fun game and I recommend checking it out, but if you go in expecting it to be similar WW2OL then you might be disappointed.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You guys using steam? Got a steam group?

Allies?  Zangi on steam.

intense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can confirm that WWIIonline is more of a sim than H&G, too bad they wont drop that stupid pay2play that made them lose so many people. Frankly the graphics are unbearable, even for 1$ a month. What a shame, oh well

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile

Beyond being set in WW2, it has little in common with WW2OL. Battles are set on medium-sized maps with 12v12 players (are they up to 16v16 now?), and gameplay is very arcadey (think health bars, serpentining, and needing multiple headshots from almost all guns to kill someone). Best way I can describe it is the arcade-mode of Red Orchestra 2 combined with a persistent strategy mode that makes individual battles have cascading consequences on later battles.

It's a fun game and I recommend checking it out, but if you go in expecting it to be similar WW2OL then you might be disappointed.
Actually it's up to 18v18, and in my experience most guns are 1 hit headshot kill... but yeah, it's a bit arcadey.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So...  I got in....  and have less stuff then expected.  Did progress get wiped?  Last played 2012, even got warbonds...   It might also have been cause I was on the Axis side most of the time.

Anyways...  I'm thinking I should be having more gold from war bonds... Oh, logged in a 2nd time, warbonds came in.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 09:20:16 pm by Zangi »

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Between one of the many fixes they did, after the war I stayed german..  Is anyone else here german that would wanna play together?  We can use Ruskin's TS channel.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Allies are getting pounded again for the 4th time in a row T.T

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am kinda off-put by the fact that I have to start from tier 1 as an Allied soldier... with no AT whatsoever.
Too bad I can't even see what I have in the Axis side.  (Rather hoping that info did not get wiped...)

Though, right now, the main issue for me is that I get crap FPS, average of 15 and under.  Well, anyways, I still suck at click and shoot.  Spray and pray for the win.  (Still fails a lot.)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Allies got hammered 80% of the time in alpha and beta.  Looks like that hasn't changed.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile

Thus far, I've played one "tutorial" mission that was okay, and one "real" mission which sucked because all the Germans had tanks and the Americans had no weapons capable of destroying tanks (since you don't automatically get anything, nor the ability to drive tanks). It's pretty dumb.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7