Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Class-less/Level-less 3.5 D&D Character Gen  (Read 4143 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Class-less/Level-less 3.5 D&D Character Gen
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2013, 03:53:00 pm »

Like fucking anything is original.

I want a guy who can make a giant magical flying fortress. That is pretty uncommon.
I dunno, I've seen a lot of flying magical fortresses in my time.

---

The goblin raid was in the infamous Grey Hand, a raider tribe that was  the scourge of the area. Primarily Goblins, through numbers and unusual intelligence they enslaved orcs, trolls, and other larger beast as shock troops. After the superior dwarven arms and armour, gold, and slaves, they struck without warning one morning - using stolen black powder form the humans to blast open the gates to the settlement. Many dwarves were slain and others taken to Zunkal-knows-where.

We are not massively religious. Like our father, we worship Cognitae, the god of machinery and inventions, hoping for inspiration, and like our mother we worship Thandars, Goddess of hammers and the forge. We mainly worship Cognitae, though. We pray often, but not majorly - whispered prayers for his favour when undertaking a task, but rarely eveer go to a dedicated service. Who has time for that sort of thing, anyway? We know of the rest of the pantheon, but don't pray to them.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2013, 03:58:00 pm »

Like fucking anything is original.
It's one thing to be unintentionally unoriginal. It's another to define your character by a cliche and refuse to budge from it a single inch.

I want a guy who can make a giant magical flying fortress. That is pretty uncommon.
Not so much...

So you were a fun kid, lots of friends.. or at least you had.. friends..

tell me more about this goblin raid.

Also just how religious are you? Are you a christmas/easter kind a guy who prays for minor things, are you the type to go to church every church day and do church stuff? are you a mad zealot?

also tell me who you worship, a little about there place in the world and their domains.
"The goblin raid? Ugh, must I? ...Fine. Goblins attacked. They...there were too many, the walls and guards were overwhelmed. The master hid in the attic, I had to hide in an ogre breastplate he would have melted down if he hadn't...if he'd had time. It was smelly, you know? The goblins came, searched. They killed the master and left. I guess they didn't expect there to be an apprentice, or that he would be hiding in armor. There weren't a lot of rooms in the forge, just a couple big rooms and the attic. I eventually left, discovering that basically everything of value was taken and most everyone dead or missing. Dad gone, mother missing. Now quiet. Bartender! Another dwarvish whiskey. You've stirred up bad memories, bastard. It'll take another half-dozen drinks to let me sleep easy tonight..."

As for religion...we weren't anything special. We do think that there are gods, of course; there's plenty of miracles, divine curses, and whatnot, who wouldn't? We also try to go to worship, if we can, and to pray when we can't. Still, we have our doubts, and can't help but wonder how much the priests say is really the Word of the Gods and how much is what the priests want you to think is. Or wanted, whatever.
As for who we worship...dwarves don't really discriminate. Any god that's performed a miracle is in the pantheon.* Personally...well, Arest the Ancient is supposed to be the first god and the father of dwarves, so there's him. Frrous the Lord of Artifice is pretty important to us, too. Lately, we've been having prayers from Cirod the God of War and curses for Grandfather Gray, our name for the goblins' god**.

*I'm imagining the dwarven pantheon being something like that of the Romans. They conquer a land, they add that land's gods to their tapestry. Take out the conquering and replace it with "big miracles they've seen" and you've got my vision of the dwarven pantheon.
**I'm further imagining this to be a misinterpretation of ancestor-worship. Hey, why only have gods?

Maybe I shouldn't type so much. I got pentuple-ninja'd.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2013, 07:25:31 pm »

That is the most ninja'd I've seen in some time. You might want to sit down for a moment and catch your breath!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]