Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: (ISG) The Ultimate Hero's Apprentice: Spar-ty Time  (Read 5310 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Ultimate Hero's Apprentice: Party Time
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2013, 10:19:30 am »

Actually nix that. Talk to the Wizard's guild and see what kind of support they would offer for taking the goblin quest. If we can get some means of casting a fire spell that we can combine with the Acolyte's booze attack for big boom, take the offer and go for the goblins.

Otherwise just go for the bird.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2013, 09:22:06 am »

+1 to Weirdsound
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Ultimate Hero
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2013, 04:02:45 pm »

"Alright, let's check out the Wizard's Guild! I'm sure they have quests and stuff too. Maybe even friends."

"Quick guide to maps: The blue buildings are government buildings, in this case Town Hall. The red ones are military, the barracks and jail. Yellow is for temples, while orange is mage's guilds and the like. Green is fields and parks and stuff, purple is black markets, thieves' guilds, brothels, etc. Light gray is shops, tan is taverns, black is dungeons, and white is boring stuff like houses and bakeries and stuff. The ones the same color as the background--brown--are abandoned. Finally, pink is for buildings that don't fit the other classifications. If you want to know what any specific building is, ask away."

"Plainview isn't...it's not the town it once was. Once, it was prosperous from the dungeons and mines and stuff nearby. Then, a Bomb Sorcerer called Erman the Bomb destroyed the Great Mountain. A last burst of prosperity came over the town, as valuable bits from the mountain were sold off, and then...not much. It's a stop on the road and a place for farmers and adventurers to get drunk and whatnot. A few old adventurers set up shop for the latter, but this place isn't close to many big centers of adventure, so it's mostly the newer ones who pass through, and they don't have lots of money."

((Wow that is a terrible sad face. Hard to do emotion with two eyes and no drawing skills.))

"Anyways. This is no time for exposition! I'm at the Wizard's Guild, a big tower. It has this shop for magic stuff attached, where they also buy reagents and the like. Typically, non-mages aren't allowed inside, but if you have business--"

"Are you nearly done? I have a very important experiment I left an apprentice on. Not even an apprentice of the right type, just the one I was working with. I swear, that girl--"

"Shut up and I can tell you."

"Anyways, I'm here to inquire about quests, help, and such."

[Quest Luck: 1]
[Aid Luck: 16]

"I'm not aware of any 'quests' available at the moment. That being said...leave me that elf for an hour and I'll send said apprentice along--"

"DEAL."

"..."

"*hic* Wait, what am I doing?"

"Come with me, please."

"Alright, I've got an hour to kill. What should I do?"

Party
Spoiler: Daenashura (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ethnolari (click to show/hide)
Quest:
None!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2013, 04:30:07 pm »

Head to the Barracks and inquire about aid.

Also see if a soldier/guardsman wants to spar so that we can get a proper combat tutorial.

Since we already agreed to put up with that insufferable Acolyte, we shouldn't bother asking about non-temple quests for the moment.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Ultimate Hero's Apprentice: Spar-ty Time
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2013, 09:54:06 pm »

"Funny, I was hoping for more suggestions...but then, I was also hoping for the Great WG to make a faceshot for himself so I didn't have to do all the expositing around here!"

"Hello, sir. I am Daenashura--"

"Oh. Sorry ab--"

"WHY is everyone TELLING me that? It's getting old!"

"...Sorry about angering you like that. Anyways, how can I help you?"

"I'm starting a quest today. I was hoping for some help, and was hoping for someone to spar with for a basic combat tutorial."

[Luck: 11-5]

"Plainview doesn't have enough guards to keep its drunks orderly, we can't spare anyone to go with you. Moreover, you don't really look tough enough to survive sparring with any humans older than three or four..."

"Damn my lack of hit points..."

"...but if you brought someone a bit tougher, I'd be glad to have him or her spar."

"Great! I know just the guy!"

[Luck: 15]

"We do have a little gear available. We can lend you a heavy wooden shield, a Lesser Ring of Agility, or a set of Leather Armor. You'd need to return whatever you borrowed when you return to town next, though."

"Thanks! I'll choose later and retcon it back into now!"

"...Okay?"

"This stuff starts to make more sense after a while."

"Hey, it's apparently been--"

"Now, we won't be telling anyone about this, will we?"

"Of course. Incidentally, Daenashura's here."

"Oh, goody! Glad to *hic* see you again! A lov'lee little lady!"

[Perception: 7+1-2

"Look, stay away and I won't have to gauge the effect a Sunrod has on elven testicles."

"You're the *hic* boss!"

"Goodie! Now I'm gonna stick you in some old armor, give you a wooden sword, and watch as you get beaten up by big guys!"

"Wait, what?"

"Not that this doesn't sound like a perfectly acceptable team bonding activity, but don't you want to meet your new teammate?"

"Oh, right."

"I know I am. now, meet Faith."

"Hey."

"She is a highly talented Flame Wizard, even if she lacks the drive to accomplish anything greater. She will be suited for the tasks you will find."

"Like I'd need anything else."

"Schweet, another *hic* girl! This is *hic* the best day EVER!"

"Wanna see him get beaten up?"

"Hells yeah."

"Ready for sparring?"

"Yes!"

"Yes!"

"*hi--"

"You there, with more hit points than a sword takes off! Take this, and this! Put this on and use this!"

"Okay, one of us needs to take his robe."

"Your problem, your team, you get the robe."

"Ick..."

"This is the Battle Grid of a small sparring room in the barracks. It has all the characters in the party, plus the guy Ethnolari's fighting. Combat isn't so hard. Firstly is turn order: First the player character(s), namely the lovely, brilliant, modest, clever fairy light monk Daenashura. After that is allies, Ethnolari and Faith. Third is Villains--or other intelligent enemies, like that guy--and fourth is Monsters. Should there be multiple in any one group, Speed rolls will be rolled each turn to figure out who goes first. Attacking requires opposed--"

"When is your turn over, again?"

"Fine."

Party
Spoiler: Faith (click to show/hide)
Quest:
None!

Alright, two choices:
1. What item, if any, will you borrow?
2. What will Ethnolari do?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2013, 10:38:04 pm »

1: Back then we borrowed the Wooden Shield - We do hate the drunkard, but I presume his untimely demise might put us into a bad position with the temple

2: Our manliest - for lack of other Options - Teammate will try the fountain-thingy of his never-ending-glass on the Guard. Unless he is too drunk to do so, in that case a blind charge is in order.

(( Also, let it be mentioned that I very much like what you are doing here GWG. ))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2013, 02:49:37 am »

((I love this so much GWG. Please don't ever stop. The art is probably one of the biggest reasons why I enjoy this so much, not to mention your tone is perfect for narration. <3 I get really excited whenever this updates.))

+1 to Escaped Lurker's plan.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2013, 08:45:54 am »

Thanks for the praise, guys.
Sig

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2013, 08:49:33 am »

((No problem. Now get to work! >:C))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2013, 08:12:55 pm »

"Face the Wrath of *hic* Ethnolari!"

[20-2v14]

"Wow. That was...impressive. Ethnolari sprayed the guard right in the eyes! The guard flails about and loses his turn, as well as taking one damage...you know, we could use a narrator."

"...Nothing? Okay. Well, situation's the same, what next?"

Party
Spoiler: Faith (click to show/hide)
Quest:
None!
Sig

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2013, 08:31:47 pm »

Blind Charge Time?

Blind Charge Time!

In seriousness, get two spaces closer to him and bash him with the mug. Preferably on the head, if that drunkard is possible of such fine maneuvering. Or the knee-caps. You get the picture. The good thing is, whatever the elf does, it should not reflect on our MC, or will it?!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2013, 08:48:32 pm »

+1 Bean that punk!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]