Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: (ISG) The Ultimate Hero's Apprentice: Spar-ty Time  (Read 5312 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Ultimate Hero's Apprentice
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 03:42:40 pm »

Mind if I ask why?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 03:44:57 pm »

Since the link doesn't work, I'll take your word for it.

Let's see if I can resave all those pngs...
EDIT: BMPs. Whatever.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 03:46:52 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 03:46:24 pm »

fixed the link, and don't worry about resaving them, it's just a future tip for crisper edges and more readable pictures

Head into town. Let's look for some kind of awesome gift for our master so that we can initiate a scandalous romance sidequest.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 09:41:12 pm »

"You know, if you don't give me any actual actions, Dariush is going to be proven right."

Note to self: Don't leave near-one-choice "choices" in the future. It locks up suggestion games.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2013, 09:55:53 pm »

Or, you know, let it be a Suggestion Game, not a Choice Game. :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 09:56:36 pm »

Well, yes, but I'm busy guessing why no one has suggested anything.
Sig

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 10:14:29 pm »

My bolded text there was a suggestion.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 10:16:07 pm »

...I...um...wow.
Sig

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 10:17:16 pm »

I love suggesting for games that people obviously aren't interested in because it's like forcing the GM's hand. You have to take a suggestion or the game dies :P

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 10:39:01 pm »

Yeah. Head to town. Find the local temples and look into gods.

Edit: I think the issue was you dumped a bit too much to digest on use in the opening lore dump. It turned me off trying to get involved anyway during the character creation stage. I'll start watching now though, and hopefully others will show up as the updates roll in.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 10:43:31 pm by Weirdsound »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2013, 10:41:42 pm »

Two things:
1. For the record, my astonishment was more at me missing freeform's action than the action itself...
2. Drawing cobblestones takes surprisingly long. My apologies to all you who play my superhero RtD, it's not getting updated tonight.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2013, 11:38:19 pm »

"Not much else to do except go to town and stuff."
And so you do.

"As of the time I'm saying this, two errands have been suggested: I could check out the local temples, or I could buy a gift for old Kher--don't let him hear I called him that, okay? For the second half...trust me, even without gifts he gives me more of the 'romantic subplot' thing than I really want. Still, might as well get him something. I have...lessee...two gold. Not enough for much, but it's something."

"As for visiting temples...monks aren't really associated with any specific gods--it's what separates us from priests. Still, we do tend to favor certain deities...and I haven't chosen any favorites yet. Might not hurt to ask. Flipping a gold piece, with heads being the gift first and tails being the temples first...tails."

"There are two temples in this town: One to Relope, the Goddess of Plants and Spring; the other is to Lem, God of Light and Kindling. Because someone is writing this update at a late time of night--great planning there! Almost as good as your vision!--we won't be seeing the inside of these temples. Regardless, they exist, and are willing to sell things like holy water, holy symbols, and such for very reasonable prices. I can't afford anything more than a wooden holy symbol, one gold each, and despite being god-specific neither would be any better than my generic silver symbol for Praying."

"If there's anything else you want to know about religion, ask away; I kinda need to know that stuff. Gee, I wonder where everyone is. Well, off to the Handicrafts Shop--which also won't be getting a picture tonight."

"What can I get for two gold? I'm thinking of getting a gift for my master as he returns from his quest!"

"You're the apprentice of Kherimhsaz, aren't you?"

"Mm-hm. So?"

"Oh, geez. I really wish you didn't have to find out this way..."

"Find out what?"

"It's not something I ever really want to tell a little girl..."

"I'm probably three times as old as you, idiot."

"...and it feels like something you should find out--I dunno, from--"

"Tell me or you will regret having heard whatever this is."

"Alright. Kherimhsaz's party returned from their quest an hour ago. You must have been asleep or something. It...it was one man. Everyone else had died."

"...Uh-huh..."

"That one man...he was a Swift Porter, not a Light Monk."

"..."

Party
Spoiler: Daenashura (click to show/hide)
Quest:
None!

Edit: I think the issue was you dumped a bit too much to digest on use in the opening lore dump. It turned me off trying to get involved anyway during the character creation stage. I'll start watching now though, and hopefully others will show up as the updates roll in.
y
Oh. Stupid, stupid, stupid! I ALWAYS overthink things.
Sig

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Ultimate Hero
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2013, 12:28:19 am »

Knowing you, this game will die of a severe case of mod abandonment before a monkey randomly typing on a keyboard at the speed of 1 keypress per second will be able to spell the word 'monkey'.
I was bored and I crunched the numbers. My keyboard has 104 keys. 104^6 seconds ~ 40 000 years.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Ultimate Hero
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2013, 07:29:53 am »

Knowing you, this game will die of a severe case of mod abandonment before a monkey randomly typing on a keyboard at the speed of 1 keypress per second will be able to spell the word 'monkey'.
I was bored and I crunched the numbers. My keyboard has 104 keys. 104^6 seconds ~ 40 000 years.
Assuming that hitting a key takes one second.
In mive seconds, I hit the following keys:
fjeis'emeosskfjeos;omsjfse;sepfjj94s'a'j
8 keys per second, so if someone gave an immortal monkey a keyboard when Troy was founded, coincidentally also when the Neolithic period ended, chances are it would have types out "monkey" by now. Unless it got bored.

"Guys? The game?"
Sig

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2013, 08:04:45 am »

Lament. Since we're here, go on a vengeance quest a la Stereotypical Fantasy Plot and hope that GWG will give us free companions and gear. Actually, let's not bet on that.

Find gear and companions. Go on vengeance quest.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4