Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Gravecinders: Thirst Upon the Blazing Plain  (Read 17393 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Gravecinders: Thirst Upon the Blazing Plain
« Reply #195 on: September 08, 2013, 01:06:42 pm »

26th Sandstone. Everyone is dying of thirst. Apparently the brewers went on strike a couple months ago, and nobody saw fit to inform me. I have ordered them back to work. The priorities in this fortress are terrible. Dwarves would rather gather goblin fingers, move stone, and make glass trinkets than feed, make beer, and bury our own dead. Madness is setting in. I can stem the tide, but I cannot stop the flow, not in the single year my tenure runs.

13th Timber. The dwarven caravan has arrived. Somehow, the Trade Depot has been destroyed, however, and there is no place for them to unload.

…...

This is Rigoth Ukercol, writing. It's … midwinter, I think. There are but a few of us left … madness is coming.  Madness.

We are but farmers and beermakers now. Can we survive? I don't know. I don't know. We few will try. There are the sounds of monsters in the deep. Are they coming for us? I don't know.

Cmega, the last of the founders, has died today, trapped by his fear of the goblins in the pit, like so many others, he wasted away, unable to reach the stairs up to the rest of the fortress. There are still a couple dwarves left trapped in the same way. I doubt any of them will survive, if indeed any of us do.

Late winter. There is a report of a goblin raid … two, no Four raids on the side of the mountain. I doubt it will affect the sixteen of us that remain. The goblins in the pit are taking more uf us by intimidation than raider ever could. What morbid curiosity could keep taking dwarves back to the Pit, to stare at their own deaths like that?

Spring has arrived, with no relief in sight. This is Rigoth Ukercol, signing off.

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 08, 2013, 01:49:21 pm »

well damn...

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 08, 2013, 02:25:40 pm »

What's left of Gravecinders

Yeah. It was all thanks to thirst. And I had even checked stock levels a couple months before everyone started dying. We were in good shape, with over eighty dwarves and one squad of each melee weapon and two squads of marksdwarves.

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 08, 2013, 03:59:12 pm »

well we had to live up to the name somehow. It should not be to hard to recover provided we can seal off the deeps and keep the front door properly barricaded

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 08, 2013, 04:17:12 pm »

The deeps haven't been a problem, and as long as the front gate is closed, The invasions are no problem either. I only sent the military out to mop up the few trolls that didn't try to enter through the cliffs of insanity. I wouldn't worry too much about water, either. It's the alcohol that was the problem.

I got careless because everydwarf was busy for most of the year. I didn't realize that they were largely busy hauling stone and refuse.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]