Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven health  (Read 1041 times)

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven health
« on: March 18, 2013, 11:10:12 am »

I get a lot of injured dwarves that suffer permanent nerve damage and are completely unusable in my military anymore. Are my dwarves just really unlucky, or is something going on that I just don't know about? I mean, their legs are still there, they were just broken. They're all healed up now, but they cannot walk anymore, and they have no cast on.

Maybe I'm not grasping the severity of nerve damage? I did a cursory search to see if I could find the answer myself, but it appears that in the real world, nerve damage often heals on its own.

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven health
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 12:25:18 pm »

Nerves don't heal unless you mod the raws. It's in the map raw, objects, tissue_template_default.txt, and it should be fairly obvious from there on.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 01:00:42 pm »

Nerves don't heal unless you mod the raws. It's in the map raw, objects, tissue_template_default.txt, and it should be fairly obvious from there on.

Thanks for that.

Out of curiosity: is there a medical mod out there for adventure mode? I looked and could not find anything.

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 12:08:37 pm »

Nerve damage is permanent. the only way to heal nerve damage is by transforming into a ware-creature
The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 02:48:54 am »

Nerve damage is permanent. the only way to heal nerve damage is by transforming into a ware-creature

Were*

Sorry, i just couldn't not correct it ><

Bavette

• Bay Watcher
  • The last of the great mountain giants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 08:35:32 am »

Every. Single. Time. I read that as a mare-creature! My world is inadvertently full of ponies right now.
"What is a dwarf? A miserable pile of !FUN!?"