Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Budcloistered the Dark Fortress [SUCCESSION]  (Read 5630 times)

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
Re: Budcloistered the Dark Fortress [SUCCESSION]
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 05:33:08 am »

You know, I don't think Bogre is continuing, Nomad, might want to PM others. Or have you abandoned this project? Shame, if so.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 05:46:40 am »

I don't want a turn, but may I have a gob?

Name: Nix
Profession: Speargob
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2013, 05:47:26 am »

Also, what mod is this? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2013, 03:31:29 am »

Hmm, I can take my turn next, but someone has to explain to me how the dfhack designation/material thing works.

In the past, i have only ever used it for prospect, reveal (never in a sucession game), seedwatch, liquids (never in a sucession game), showmood (usually not in a sucession game, unless the dwarf is named and cant seem to actually find something), digv and digx... I have no idea how to change materials or use it to create orders.
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2013, 05:07:16 am »

Hmm, I can take my turn next, but someone has to explain to me how the dfhack designation/material thing works.

In the past, i have only ever used it for prospect, reveal (never in a sucession game), seedwatch, liquids (never in a sucession game), showmood (usually not in a sucession game, unless the dwarf is named and cant seem to actually find something), digv and digx... I have no idea how to change materials or use it to create orders.
It's pretty simple, actually, twas also my first time using it. Just target the workshop you want with q mode, highlighting/adding a generic job you want, like 'Construct Door', go into DFHack, type 'jobmaterial PITCHBLENDE' or whatever the command is, and you're done, the job will now be 'Construct Pitchblende Door'. Set it to repeat and voila.

I used this to set up automatic production of Pitchblende and Talc blocks for the Walls/Floor respectively in the Masons shops. This was the only extra Hack command I used.

Also, what mod is this?
His (PrivateNomads) own personal mod. Pretty much all it does is make all Dwarves into Gobbos. They still have dwarfy names and are considered to come from the Dwarf Civ, as well as having job skills Gobbos shouldn't have or need (they don't eat or drink, just need sleep). Nevertheless, its pretty cool.

Interestingly, Dwarf Therapist also detects that they're Gobbos and changes all of its text appropriately.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:15:32 am by eharper256 »
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2013, 07:42:32 am »

Got it, let me know if I should start then. I'll give it a go to see what I can do.
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2013, 09:03:39 pm »

Sorry, was sick with the flu for a while and I just forgot about it. I officially declare Bogre as skipped and and will PM the next user.
As for the modding goes, it's actually not a mod in itself, I just tweaked the game a bit with DFhack.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 11:11:35 pm »

If there's still spots I'd love to be a goblin overseer, I can even do a cockney accent like those goblins in the Lord of the stings films.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 02:35:36 am »

Yeah, could i get pushed back one spot, im currently managing 2 forts at the moment, Lakebones and gateivory. If you dont mind waiting a bit for my reports, this isnt a big deal, but i cant get to it for a few days, at minimum.

Sorry about this, i didnt expect my turn on these forts to coincide on the same week.
Pages: 1 2 [3]