Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Presents!  (Read 5599 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Presents!
« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2012, 08:03:41 pm »

The Game of Throne books. All of them.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2012, 08:23:54 pm »

He settled on a full fifth bottle of genuine French Absinthe.

Is that really Absinthe ? I remember it being illegal in some countries (like in France, for example). Or is it one with near-to-none THC ?
THC in absinthe? What is this nonsense?

Also, it's legal in France. And stateside. Among others.

It has nothing to do with THC, it's the wood that its distilled in, and the supposed "drug" part of Absinthe is a minor effect at best.

It was illegal in the United States and much of Europe for most of the last century.  In the 90s the EU's health agency finally said "this stuff is really just plain old alcohol" and they lifted the ban on it and America followed.

That said I have no idea what it tastes like.  Since it's such a large bottle, I'll have to save it for a special occasion.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2012, 08:28:46 pm »

Is that really Absinthe ? I remember it being illegal in some countries (like in France, for example). Or is it one with near-to-none THC ?

Ok, it is actually thujone and not THC. My bad.

And absinthe was banned in lots of countries for nearly a century. It is legal (France mid april 2011) but with limits for the thujone.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2012, 01:26:32 am »

It has nothing to do with THC, it's the wood that its distilled in, and the supposed "drug" part of Absinthe is a minor effect at best.

It was illegal in the United States and much of Europe for most of the last century.  In the 90s the EU's health agency finally said "this stuff is really just plain old alcohol" and they lifted the ban on it and America followed.

That said I have no idea what it tastes like.  Since it's such a large bottle, I'll have to save it for a special occasion.
Playing Drunk Fortress and mixing with everclear?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]