Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Presents!  (Read 5603 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: Presents!
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2012, 04:39:54 pm »

Colbert's book.
I was thinking of getting that for my brother, but I got him a Parks & Rec book instead.

I got a really fucking good Nikon camera.  I've asked my parents for one before, but they've only given me "point and shoot" digital cameras.  This time, they got me this one though.
It's fucking rad.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2012, 04:42:12 pm »

$200 and an iPhone 4S. I'm glad my mother didn't go all out and spend a thousand dollars trying to get me an iPhone 5, because we really can't afford that and I don't particularly need the latest edition. I'm the last person I know to have gotten a smartphone.

Will probably get something else from my father when I go see him.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2012, 05:26:24 pm »

I myself received some lovely offerings this year: Currency, another P-38, a keychain flashlight, a wind-up flashlight/radio/alarm, a beautiful decorative tomahawk, some compact disposable towels, and an old-timey globe that will allow me to better plan my adventures from Amerique to wondrous lands such as Australie and Egypte.

EDIT: Oh, and how could I forget: A fresh Japanese whetstone!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 05:55:51 pm by King DZA »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2012, 05:39:49 pm »

Kindle Fire.
A badass Sampsonite business suitcase.
Martini Shaker.
Pestle for ice.
Book of cocktail recipes.
Measuring shot glass.
Giant Coffee Mug.
Framed pictures.
Electric Razor.
Scarf.
Pajama Pants.
Leather wallet.
Monies.

My family kind of went apeshit this year on gifts.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2012, 05:41:17 pm »

My bros PSP, and a sandVich toaster.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2012, 05:45:55 pm »

Some books, a comic, and a shirt. And a sweat (but I bought it myself and gave one to my sister too). Went pretty well overall (being overseas all year long seems to ease relations for the holidays).

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2012, 06:11:27 pm »

I recieved an office chair and a chair mat for it (since I'm on a carpet), now I can roll around a small  few square feet of chair space in front of my computer. I've also gotten the over-sized sock full of sweets (and a couple of tangerines). I also woke up and shortly after getting up got my seasonal dry air nose bleed. Yay Christmas! I think I have to wait until my mother's back from work and everyone's around until I open the rest of my presents under the tree.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2012, 08:39:28 pm »

I got a couple pairs of socks, a filet knife, a deck of Rook cards, some cash, and an Order of the Stick coloring book. Not the biggest gifts I've ever gotten, but definitely some of the most thoughtful. Water-resistant wool socks because my feet get extraordinarily cold while I'm not running, a replacement for the crappy pocket knife that I usually mangle fish with, a card game to play with my other card-game-playing neighbors at college, money for food, and a freakin' OotS coloring book fuck yeah.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2012, 08:52:41 pm »

I got a spiffy looking new headset! Also socks, and some pyjama pants. I don't really need the socks so much on account of rarely wearing them around the house, but the pants are nice.

Unfortunately I've been unable to test the headset, the USB connection doesn't seem to be working for some reason, I also managed to lose the tiny little bluetooth receiver five minutes after getting it... I'm really not sure where it is.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2012, 09:12:18 pm »

1. *Socks*

2. Kobo eReader to replace the one that was stolen from me.

3. Electric razer (I think I'll give this to my dad as I only shave like every two weeks. I don't know why they got this for me.)

4. Curling club membership. (Fuck yeah!)
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2012, 10:05:34 pm »

Money! Chocolate. A toiletries bag covered in camp prints of surfer dudes giving me flirty eyes?

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2012, 10:14:08 pm »

A couple cds, shirts, a jacket, about $150, a couple pairs of pants, a ushanka that I'll probably never wear in public, and chocolate. One of the shirts has a picture of Norway on it with the caption "Norway", so now I can be a Norwegian Russian but not in public.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2012, 06:01:46 am »

Alright, time for a more detailed list:
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0
  • 4 Books
  • Warm slippers
  • Pyjama
  • Box with a few chocolates
  • 25 Euros

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2012, 06:56:12 am »

FarCry3, complete XFiles Collection, various harry potter movies, Star Trek: First contact and a few other things :3
GOING TO BE ENJOYABLE
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2012, 08:56:22 am »

I got a $50 Amazon gift card from my brother-in-law-in-law (my wife's sister's husband). We drew each other in the family's Secret Santa this year.
Incidentally, I got him....a $50 Amazon gift card. It's like "The Gift of the Magi", only more lame.  ???

Beyond that, I got a big box of sausage and cheese (I'm lactose-intolerant)  ::)
And a tin of Danish butter cookies. Oddly enough, I thought the tin was just being used to hold something else, so when I opened it my first thought was, "Huh...this is a literal example of Exactly What It Says On The Tin."

So in the end...I bought myself $50 that can only be used on Amazon, and I have several large sausages to eat. And a tin of cookies.
Could have been worse, given the circumstances. Wouldn't have been surprised to get lumps of coal this year.

EDIT: Oh, and a bottle of bourbon.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 11:03:13 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6