Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Presents!  (Read 5603 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: Presents!
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2012, 10:13:22 am »

My final haul now includes:
125 Us Dollars
$20 Wallmart Gift Card
Duce Sex
A electronic coin counter
A sack of Pokemon cards that had an Ancient Mew card in it.(More of a  casually, "Hey I remeber you liking Pokemon so here")
Ps Vita
Persona 4: The Golden
A nice Sweater
A new jacket(Thank goodness, my old zipper had been broken for months).
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good morning.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2012, 01:51:24 pm »

I got four, count'em, four bottles of hooch.  And one of the gifts I gave was a bottle of hooch.  I can't help but feel like that's a sign of something.

Well specifically, one side of my family had a White Elephant random gift exchange thing (that being the polite name for what's really called "Chinese Christmas") and I wound up with a cooler-satchel with two bottles of low-brand Moscato wine.  I gave up a waffle iron in the process to my bro-cousin.

My Dad had gone to Best Buy to get me a stereo, but since he hasn't bought a piece of modern electronics since 1994, he was so baffled by the array of stuff that claims to play music but isn't actually a stereo that he left in defeat.  Instead he got me a leather jacket (one I can actually wear, sorry Mom) and stopped by the liquor store to pick out something cool.  He settled on a full fifth bottle of genuine French Absinthe.  Because I'm the only person he knows who would appreciate what it is, apparently, except for all of my cousins.

Then after Christmas at the other side of my family (an excellent Christmas, almost nobody got in a fight), I had breakfast with my mother and she gave me a bottle of Andre champagne to take home.  Hey why not.

I also got a hand-written cookbook, some tools, and a model of the White House.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2012, 02:16:06 pm »

Next year, everyone will be getting you a new liver. :P

My bourbon was a surprise gift. It's just Jim Beam, nothing fancy, but hey....when an attractive woman is handing you free alcohol, you don't argue.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2012, 02:29:11 pm »

My bourbon was a surprise gift. It's just Jim Beam, nothing fancy, but hey....when an attractive woman is handing you free alcohol, you don't argue.

Being Christmas, the obvious question is whether this attractive woman is related to you.  And for one would never turn down a bottle of Beam.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2012, 02:52:30 pm »

Being Christmas, the obvious question is whether this attractive woman is related to you.  And for one would never turn down a bottle of Beam.
No, she is not. Which is good, cause even in the South some things would be frowned upon. *polite cough* >_>

JB's allright, but I'm partial to the high-end stuff. Woodford Reserve in particular. Maker's Mark is good too. But considering how little of the hard stuff I drink anymore, it'll be good in some bourbon and Coke, or maybe save it for mint juleps in the late spring.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2012, 02:56:18 pm »

JB's allright, but I'm partial to the high-end stuff. Woodford Reserve in particular. Maker's Mark is good too. But considering how little of the hard stuff I drink anymore, it'll be good in some bourbon and Coke, or maybe save it for mint juleps in the late spring.

I honestly don't know what a high-end whiskey would be.  That said, the whiskeys that I buy I can only really drink in Coke (or Pepsi for Beam).  I'm most partial to Weller myself, but Wild Turkey isn't bad either.

I also got some "bottled margaritas" from my grandparents that they bought for "the kids".  It's basically a Jarritos soda with a beer's worth of alcohol mixed in.  And I'm drinking one right now.

I'm starting to piece together why everyone thinks I want alcohol for gifts.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2012, 03:04:24 pm »

I'm kind of "meh" on whiskey in general, but bourbon (and single-malt scotch) is something special. Jameson's and Bushmill's are supposed to be upper-tier Irish whiskys.

I suppose I could also use it to make some nice bourbon-pecan mashed sweet potatoes.

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2012, 03:45:49 pm »

I'd recommend trying Jameson. Very smooth and creamy, and you can easily drink it with ice.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2012, 04:31:42 pm »

Duce Sex

I honestly thought this was some sort of a pop band or something at first, hehe.

I got:
- 55$ gift card to a place called 'The Co-op.' Apparently they work out of Canada. I think my mother was screwing with me.
- One-and-a-half brownies.

Be jealous.

I'm kind of "meh" on whiskey in general, but bourbon (and single-malt scotch) is something special. Jameson's and Bushmill's are supposed to be upper-tier Irish whiskys.
I honestly don't know what a high-end whiskey would be.  That said, the whiskeys that I buy I can only really drink in Coke (or Pepsi for Beam).  I'm most partial to Weller myself, but Wild Turkey isn't bad either.

Fellows, save yourself the money and the disappointment, just get yourself some Fireball.

Tell me this doesn't look delicious.

It's liquid cinnamon.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 04:35:44 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2012, 04:42:54 pm »

So....cinnamon schnapps, only with whiskey?

Might make a good mixer, don't think I'd want it straight (and I drank my share of straight-up schnapps in college).

Good whiskey should be like good pipe tobacco...earthy, a little bitter, a little woody. It should make you think of dark, heavy wooden furniture and bearded men in English hunting jackets. It's booze like a sir.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2012, 04:48:23 pm »

Good whiskey should be like good pipe tobacco...earthy, a little bitter, a little woody. It should make you think of dark, heavy wooden furniture and bearded men in English hunting jackets. It's booze like a sir.

This booze will burn your tonsils out and redden your beard. It's Canadian, hence the lack of an 'e' in the name. It tastes like the essence of lumberjacks.

I only drink it with some chasers occasionally, I usually just drink it straight. I like my hard alcohol. Good thing I don't drink that often.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2012, 05:00:22 pm »

It tastes like the essence of lumberjacks.
This is not helping your case.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2012, 07:05:35 pm »

It tastes like the essence of lumberjacks.
This is not helping your case.
I beg to differ.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2012, 07:55:13 pm »

He settled on a full fifth bottle of genuine French Absinthe.

Is that really Absinthe ? I remember it being illegal in some countries (like in France, for example). Or is it one with near-to-none THC ?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2012, 08:00:27 pm »

He settled on a full fifth bottle of genuine French Absinthe.

Is that really Absinthe ? I remember it being illegal in some countries (like in France, for example). Or is it one with near-to-none THC ?
THC in absinthe? What is this nonsense?

Also, it's legal in France. And stateside. Among others.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6