Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144]

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 108295 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #2145 on: June 24, 2024, 09:20:36 pm »

It is interesting to note that Dagestan was traditionally part of Iran.  It might just be that Russia's "Ally" has some small part in this...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: June 24, 2024, 10:15:07 pm »

Alternatively, that some residents no longer want to be Russian, whether the Iranian government is explicitly involved
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: June 24, 2024, 10:52:39 pm »

One of the Israeli propoganda channels made a big deal of it, saying the event was part of a rise of anti-semitism.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: June 24, 2024, 10:56:26 pm »

In Dagestan, gunman have assaulted an othodox church and a synagogue, and a police station, killing at least 20 and injuring dozens.
One of the dead is a 66-year old priest and local celebrity. All guards were killed, and most of the other dead are police officers.
The attacks started sunday evening in Russia's oldest city, Derbent, at a church and synagogue, and an hour later at the police station in the regional capitol Machatsjkala.
According to the authorities, all 5 attackers have been killed. The head of the republic, Sergej Melikov, has announced a manhunt that will last until all members of all sleeper cells, 'which have undoubtedly been aided by foreign nations' have been found.

The attack has not been claimed yet, but internet accounts loyal to IS have congratulated their brothers in the Kaukasus for showing that they are still strong and capable.
Two of the killed assailants were the sons of a local government offical of the Kremlin party United Russia. Their father, Magomed Omarov, has resigned and has been thrown out of the Kremlin party.

The head of the FSB has decided that there will be multiple large scale anti terrorist operations in Dagestan.
Expect ethnic cleansing of salafists.

I guess that's what you get when you recruit, train and arm muslim fanatics to fight in Ukraine. They come home well trained veterans, and can kill a lot of police before being taken out.

I "love" how those fanatics think that among the many things wrong in Russia-occupied Dagestan the worst is the existence of churches and synagogues. Islamism is a disgusting ideology with no redeeming qualities.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144]