Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: You are a Space Army Project (IC)  (Read 1838 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Space Army Project (IC)
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2012, 05:11:21 pm »

I call dibs on gibbs.
That was a pun, actually mesor kindly proposed for me to be put in charge of his force on Calex System. In exchange, I have to call him "sir" (not really. That's also a joke ;D)

"Try to contact General Alexander for more information. And locate him as well."
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2012, 05:12:24 pm »

"A Toon, accompany Smith's men. Everyone else, stay with me; we're taking the Minwu around for recon.

Send A Toon to the station via shuttle; everyone else stays inside as the Minwu circles and we do reconnaissance on the station.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2012, 05:27:50 pm »

Locate battlefield. Split combat team into five taskforces, sweep the area using force if needed.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2012, 05:47:49 pm »

Also do we know what exactly are those Calex natives?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2012, 05:53:19 pm »

((PTW. Do you mind linking the OOC in the OP? I haven't the slightest idea what is going on here, but it looks interesting.))

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2012, 12:16:47 am »

"Our High council believes that saving  our soldiers in Calex system is a top priority and we'll send all our available ships there. "

Ships on orbit of  Calex Prime stay on alert and try to make contact with the general or any other surviving commanding officer. Be ready to assist ground forces with orbital bombardment using rail guns, but do not use nuclear missiles or land transports without further orders. Hospital ship should be ready to accept wounded

3 transport and group that patrolled Mars (1 destroyer and 5 corvettes) move to Calex systems to assist possible evacuation

2 corvettes keep going to Alpha Centauri
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 10:41:59 am »

On IO-4:
Project Ambrosius:
The Minwu is unable to get any useful information. The Station walls are to thick, but the psychic scan is able to get something interesting.
"Sir, you have to see this. It is... different from everything we have seen before." As both minds connect you feel something strange. Usually space ships and stations are full of the thoughts of passengers, livestock and crew. But here there is nothing. Not even the remnants of the dead... But as you get deeper into his thoughts, you start feeling something else: Hunger. You have no idea what is there, but it doesn't seem friendly. It doesn't even seem human.

Project Genesis:
You wait some time until the scouts are a bit ahead and you order the main doors opened. The corridors are cramped and your men are forced to split in smaller teams to remain effective. After a little time you receive a message from the scouts.
"We've found some civilians sir. They are standing in the middle of a corridor. They seem to have some kind of... parasite on their backs. They've seen us!" Your hear screams. It's not your men. They are charging sir! And there are more of them! We won't be able to stop them here. We are heading back!

On Alpha Centauri:
The ships are still going. They'll arrive to the system the next turn.

On the Calex System:

Project Genesis:
You found some information on the natives of Calex Prime. They had a feudal society, but their technology was advanced, using electric weapons to stun and kill enemies. They also seemed to have tamed some native creatures, but you couldn't find information on them, but being the planet a huge jungle, you could imagine they were something serious.

General Alexander couldn't be contacted. If he was anywhere near the crater when you entered the system, he was surely dead.

Project New Humanity:
You couldn't contact General Alexander, but you were able to get transmission from one of his officers along all the others:
"This is general Espartero to all troops. Alpha station prototype generator seems to have been sabotaged. We are retreating to Delta station. Do NOT engage the natives, we need backup to continue this operation. Until then, we'll secure the area around Delta station. Negotiatons are over..." The transmission was repeating. You were able to locate Delta station on the North mountains, and it seemed Alpha station was the crater that you could see from space in the middle of the jungle.

On Mars:
Project NWM:
You deployed. I t was over even before it started. The gangs couldn't do anything against your forces, but you couldn't find professor Kane. It seemed as if he had vanished. The only places he could have gone were the martian desert and the caverns below the city, but that was a dangerous place, full of gangs, paramilitary fascist forces and other undesirable scum.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 11:00:14 am by Rhyme »
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 10:49:07 am »

Take the caverns. By storm. Hell, bring out the heavy gauss machineguns, just for the effect. Try to capture a few leaders.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 11:08:13 am by LordSlowpoke »

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, 10:55:23 am »

Fall back into a defensible position while researching how we managed to teleport from Mars orbit to the Calex system. Start preparing camp if possible.
You were on mars? Editing! (why did i thought you were on the calex system?)
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2012, 11:02:05 am »

Zombies.
Called it.

Anyways...
Look for an entrance.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2012, 12:58:21 pm »

All men on the station regroup, heavies lead the way. Continue on to the command center in one group, fire at will.

Have the forces sent to mars disembark from the transport and locate a local authority to discover where the gangs main hideouts are.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 02:23:37 pm by mesor »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2012, 01:14:10 pm »

Check Delta Station situation, try to contact them. If they answer and ask our help (probable), land and report to general Espartero for orders.

This is assuming the New Humanity project share information with us, of course. (don't see why they wouldn't)
Full Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2012, 04:48:21 am »

(Well... My orders same as last turn)

Corvettes go to Centauri

Fleet in the Calex is ready to assist with orbital bombardment, evacuation or reinforcments with those 100 Mesor's guys. Only if asked by any commanding officer

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 [2]