Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: You are a Space Army Project (IC)  (Read 1839 times)

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are a Space Army Project (IC)
« on: November 17, 2012, 11:24:42 am »

OOC Thread

All of you were around Earth at the moment when they called you. It had been more than thirty years since the Goverment decided to start giving funds for the projects. And now they wanted results.
"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen. I'll go straight to the point as you all know why you have been called." The voice was not a human voice. It was a highly modified recorded message. "We have sent each of you a message with a mission. It is time to give the projects a way to make themselves worthy. As you will see, they have broad objectives so you can use your own methods. I hope there aren't problems."

Well, there were problems. The messages had obviously been sent to all of you. And there is no way for you to know what they wanted you to do. It is your job to find the best way to use your resources and skills.

Mission 1:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mission 2:

Mission 3:

Mission 4:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 06:01:00 pm by Rhyme »
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Space Army Project (IC)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 11:27:35 am »

"I like the look of mission two, Lieutenant Georgeson how about you? It would make a fitting way to begin testing our men."

Head to my transport, 10 snipers, 40 heavies and 100 infantry are to board the transport fully armed for battle, the moment all men are on board we head for Space Station IO-4, request schematics for the station be sent to me on my transport.
Send 75 infantry 20 heavies and 5 snipers with the fleet heading to support the general.
Send 50 infantry with my psychic friend on his transport.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 02:32:15 pm by mesor »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 12:08:49 pm »

"Alright men, we've got us a solar system to conquer."

Load all combat personnel along with a sizable amount of support crew and technicians onto a transport vessel, departing for Mars. Request additional information from Command. Make sure to bring a scout ship with us to conduct scans on the suspected terrorist camp.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 04:21:14 pm by LordSlowpoke »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 12:43:19 pm »

"I'm leaning towards the fourth, but the second also looks important."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 12:44:39 pm »

"Well if you like your welcome to join me.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 12:59:35 pm »

"Sure thing."

((I'll post an action once the GM okays my specifics.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 01:02:09 pm »

"If it's acceptable I'd like to send 50 of my infantry with you then, if something happens and we can't board together then it'll give you some extra protection, we don't know what we are walking into."

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 01:15:45 pm »

"We are ready to assist General Alexander with hospital ship and our battleship for naval support and orbital bombardment if required. Also, we are ready to provide 2 armoured transports with 50 men capacity each for any other group that ready to provide soldiers\vehicles for the mission number 3

Send the hospital ship, 2 destroyers and Invincible to Calex System. If anyone provides 100 soldiers, add 2 armed transports

Send 2 corvettes with recon mission to Alpha Centauri

1 Destroyer and 5 corvettes should patrol around Mars and note anything suspicious

Various miners and remaining transports look for profit opportunities inside solar system
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 01:41:32 pm »

"I will provide 100 genetically enhanced power armored soldiers in support, 75 infantry, 20 heavies, 5 snipers under the command of Sergeant Gibbs, I would request you leave me a means of contacting you to arrange to send further reinforcements once my task here is complete."

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2012, 02:20:55 pm »

"Of cause. You can always contact the "New Eden" space station on Earth orbit. Furthermore we hope that our long range communication device on our flagship will work as intended  and you will be able to command your expeditionary force directly. 
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 02:25:26 pm »

"In my absence Sergeant Gibbs my best sniper will command my force's. He has more then earned his chance at an independent command. As soon as this space station situation is dealt with I will contact you to arrange bringing my entire force to support the general."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2012, 02:29:34 pm »

"Prep done. Janos has offered us 50 infantry, so Minwu is gonna get a bit crowded...

Send all toons and Georgeson to Io.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 02:32:13 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 02:31:27 pm »

(( Janos is the commander, Gibbs is only his second in command. ))
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 02:33:31 pm by mesor »

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 04:43:40 pm »

On Station IO-4:
As the combat force approached the station and the telepaths attemps to contact any mind on the station were met with failure, you prepared to board. The area was deserted but there were signs of fight. Blood, bodyparts and bullets. The doors to other areas were sealed.

On Mars:
There was no abnormal space ship activity on Mars. However Mars TV News was informing of some firefights between gangs and there was clear image of Doctor Kane in the middle of the fight.

On Alpha Centauri:
Nothing happened because the ships are still going there(you have to get to the edge of the solar system for safe FTL travel without gates)

On the Calex System:
As the ships were approaching Calex Prime the crew was able to see an incredible scene. Something exploded on the surface. Something big, as you were still on orbit when you saw it. Thousands of messages flooded the communications channels. Distress calls and strange messages about the native population advancing and the ground forces being overrun and destroyed.

(MoG... Some very bad rolls I have to say)
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 04:55:22 pm »

Deploy my entire force onto the station, shepherd the psychics into the middle of my formation for safety then have my men advance to the command center of the station in the following formation, order the snipers to scout ahead and check the route to the command center.

"All soldiers form up, Sergeant Smith you've got the rear guard take your 50 infantry and watch our backs, I want 50 infantry and 20 heavies in front weapons ready, and 25 infantry and 10 heavies on each flank, if anybody alive shows up they have 1 chance to surrender then open fire if they refuse, if your fired upon open fire immediately no warning, snipers take your side arms and scout ahead, do not engage hostiles if you come across anybody alive fall back and regroup on us immediately.
So my psychic friends, shall we see whats happening on this station and more importantly, who we need to kill to secure it? If it's acceptable could you use your gifts to try to establish what happened here?
I want to make this quick I've got 100 men walking into a war zone and I want to rejoin the rest of my men and set out to support them.
"

The soldier commanding my men currently not deployed is to send a message to the space station in earth orbit as follows.
"I request you have any available ships come to my location, I need transport to mars, an important scientist has been taken hostage or is in hiding and in my commanders absence I intend to lead a force to locate and extract him but I need transport ships, 100 of my brothers and sisters are with your commander if you'd kindly contact him I'm certain he would be happy to loan us the use of some ships to transport us to mars."

Send transport back to my base to collect 100 infantry 25 snipers and 25 heavies, have it take them to mars, Captain Callum commanding.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 03:12:27 pm by mesor »
Pages: [1] 2