Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Steam Thread  (Read 6004 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Steam Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2014, 01:50:24 am »

Did they recently change something about how they count games? I had 198 games a few days ago. I just got a new bundle and unlocked two of the games, then went back to see my 200+ games badge -- but now my game count is at 188? I'm quite sure that it was 198 before. I don't notice any games missing from my library (not that I have my library memorized), but something is wrong here. Did they maybe count DLC before and now they don't?

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2014, 05:26:21 am »

Did they recently change something about how they count games? I had 198 games a few days ago. I just got a new bundle and unlocked two of the games, then went back to see my 200+ games badge -- but now my game count is at 188? I'm quite sure that it was 198 before. I don't notice any games missing from my library (not that I have my library memorized), but something is wrong here. Did they maybe count DLC before and now they don't?

They stopped counting DLC in your game count total roughly a year ago. Only thing that I can think of that was recent, was them fixing the case that for some games with mac versions, both that and the PC version would show up in the game list.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2014, 05:32:01 am »

Aha. That might be it, then. I did have a few games with both versions. Damn it, I was so close.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2014, 05:49:52 am »

The badge after 100+ is 250+
Sorry.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2014, 05:56:19 am »

Really? Jesus. That's a lot of games.Well in that case, I won't worry about it. I don't know if I'll ever have 250. Certainly not anytime soon. Thanks, that actually makes it better. : )

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2014, 06:01:12 am »

Yeah, I passed it recently. You know you have too many when you buy a Bundle and find that you already own some of the games, but didn't know you did.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2014, 06:28:12 am »

Yeah, I passed it recently. You know you have too many when you buy a Bundle and find that you already own some of the games, but didn't know you did.

Yeah... I'm afraid I've passed that point already. The real problem is, I have two jobs and not enough time to play *any* games. When I do have time, I usually end up playing Minecraft, which is a known Destroyer of Time. I keep trying to force myself to open up Steam and play some games on there sometimes. But it's hard to invest myself in anything other than a casual game, because I just don't have the time anymore. : / So I end up playing Triple Town, which I'm beginning to believe is messing up my logical thought processes...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2014, 04:09:09 pm »

Yeah... I'm afraid I've passed that point already. The real problem is, I have two jobs and not enough time to play *any* games. When I do have time, I usually end up playing Minecraft, which is a known Destroyer of Time. I keep trying to force myself to open up Steam and play some games on there sometimes. But it's hard to invest myself in anything other than a casual game, because I just don't have the time anymore. : / So I end up playing Triple Town, which I'm beginning to believe is messing up my logical thought processes...
Ugh. I have 500+ games, and I have found myself playing the same (half-?)dozen games out of the collection. I didn't have time before, and even with time, I see myself playing far less. This is the side of growing up I don't like (the *boring* adulthood). I don't mind growing old, but growing up should be optional. I like being fun and having fun. I don't want all my investment to go to waste because of something as lame as aging.

Having a force of habit from being 'on call' all the time, and a forced schedule of sorts really screwed me and my time management up as well. I've been working on recovery in that respect, at least.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 04:12:11 pm by Itnetlolor »

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2016, 06:44:14 pm »

Massive necro, but I thought this was worth sharing.

Recently I've been having these weird occurrences where bits of random music would start playing seemingly out of nowhere. When it first happened, it scared the crap out of me, and I thought it might be malware or my system dying. When it happened again I saw it was coming from the steam client, and it turns out it has a music player built in (who knew?), that is haywire in this version or something. Anyway, I disabled it in "View -> Music Details" from the menu in the top left (I just removed all the loaded directories and changed the settings to not scan for them), and it seems to have done the trick.

Just in case anyone else was having this issue.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2016, 11:43:55 pm »

Steam thread, huh?
It seems like half the trailers I watch, I watch purely for the techno soundtrack. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]