Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Shortest fort  (Read 11780 times)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shortest fort
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2012, 08:55:41 am »

embark on alligator, lasts 10 secs

Said this before, but: I had this happen, too, but was able to beat the thing down. Enlisted all 7 into a squad, wrestled him. Seven dabbling wrestlers > one alligator.

Then again, this method needs some further improvement. Those seven wrestlers didn't manage to actually kill the thing, they only overwhelmed it. In the end the fight lasted so long that my dwarves died of dehydration.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2012, 08:57:36 am »

shorted 40d fortress:  Oh hey, the wagon is next to the river.  Better build a quick wooden bridge across in case traders or migrants come.
CARP CARP CARP CARP CARP CARP CARP.

shortest 2010 fortress:  I tried to maximize embark points by bringing copper nuggets.  Then realized I couldn't build a furnace out of logs.  Forgot I could enable nuggets in the stones menu, so I couldn't build my furnace, and abandoned.

Modded in Xenomorphs as a civ, embarked in sinister.
"It's raining Xenomorph Blood!"

Did you properly mod the xenomorph blood or just have it use a generic template.  Because that's goddamn amazing, and would totally work as intended (minus melting constructions).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 09:28:55 am by slothen »
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2012, 06:33:16 pm »

The blood has a fixed temperature that lets it sometimes ignite things, and a syndrome to melt flesh. Doesn't affect constructions, but should destroy buildings that aren't magma-safe.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2012, 09:57:46 pm »

"It has begun raining noxious goo."
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]