Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Shortest fort  (Read 11773 times)

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shortest fort
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 12:21:15 pm »

Because it's downright pathetic.

As far as memes are concerned the "first world problems" one is far more appropriate than fml.  :P
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 12:26:31 pm »

Because it's downright pathetic.

So why not? :P

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 12:26:48 pm »

Also, even as far as dwarf fortress is concerned, who cares?  You only lost out on like 3 minutes of preparation time for your fort.  It's not like you've been running this fort for 120 years and didn't save a backup, and somehow everyone got eaten by an alligator.  This is a fort you've literally put zero effort into.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

C0NNULL

• Bay Watcher
  • A bastion of crazy in a small area near Hurricanes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 01:11:19 pm »

I once had a fort at 1'1.5". It was the shortest one I have ever had. We were constantly telling it that it was taller. It did not believe us.
The cat, Anom, approves of Scamps' methods. She admires fine scars on her human's body. She purrs in a method most disturbing. She thinks Scamps needs to train the human better. She rolls on the floor in a luxurious pile of catnip. She attacks her human lightly.
Rimamused  -  Dorfen Itza

minozake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 01:25:32 pm »

Went to embark in a Sinister biome.  I decided to bury my dead in the basement of my fortress, because I didn't know they'd come back to life.  Next thing I know, one corpse reanimates and slaughters one military dwarf and another military dwarf puts the undead down.  After that, reanimated corpses just kill all my dwarves.

Didn't last a season.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 01:31:03 pm »

Embarked on a flat terrifying area. 5 seconds after unpausing a swarm of skeletal giant badgers come in the side of the map, hulk out, and mutilate my dwarves. That game ended so fast that the corpses didn't even have time to stand back up again before it all ended.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Urist_McUristson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 02:27:07 pm »

Evil biome. 5 seconds in, evil cloud, EVERYONE IS A HUSK.

Tirunus

• Bay Watcher
  • Something witty here
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 03:29:26 pm »

Fml.
You can't seriously say 'fuck my life' just because a pixel or ascii representation of an alligator ate your seven pixel/ascii representations of Dwarfs.  :P

Yes, you can.

Dwarf fortress is serious business bro.
My personal text is in itself a attempt to be witty, making fun of the fact that peoples personal text usually are trying to make a witty one liner. Possibly a reference to the game or just a generally humorous. You may also find that this signature is not used to regurgitate someone else's joke in a attempt to immortalize that they felt but instead have just joined a crowd of people who are to hung onto past feeling, but is used to better explain the personal text.

Shmo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 04:59:45 pm »

"A cloud of heinous fog has descended."

"Your fortress has crumbled to its end."

It was some instakill syndrome.
S = k*log x(rope reed fiber socks)x

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 05:08:32 pm »

I have found a terrifying area in which to live in.

Problom is, it rains some sort of mucus that causes everyone to go unconcious after a few seconds, and I am planning on making all but one of my miners woodcutters instead so I can focus on putting a roof over my head, rather than trying to strike the earth and build carpenter's workshop a table and a door and remove the wagon.
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 06:18:12 pm »

Embark next to a tropical river.

Alligators kill everyone.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Count Dorku

• Bay Watcher
  • Sounds Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 06:28:03 pm »

40d: Carp.

Enough said.
"when in doubt, Magma"

Miners are diggin out nicely, everything will go right, i hope. hell, what am i even saying? this is dwarf fortress. it wont go right.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 06:47:42 pm »

2D version, height doesn't even EXIST.

Can't get shorter than that.  :P
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 06:54:52 pm »

Several with instant deadly rain.

I saw a funny video once in 40d of a guy who embarked DIRECTLY on top of a magma tube due to a bug. That went pretty fast. Couldn't find it back, sadly.

NedeN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 07:53:37 pm »

I usually avoid sinister areas ever since the evil rains/fogs showed up. Don't get me wrong I love zombie movies, but it doesn't work for me in df so I don't really have a great story other than I forgot to embark with a pick and an axe, dunno what my problem is   :P
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

Ghoulz - 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on carp insurance.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4