Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Accidental husk !SCIENCE!  (Read 11079 times)

Hotaru

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange foreigner fond of industry
    • View Profile
Re: Accidental husk !SCIENCE!
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2012, 12:22:54 pm »

Remarks from reading raws:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It is said knowledge is like a foul-smelling herb. It must be cooked well and thoroughly with experience to make it palatable. A young scholar's knowledge is therefore not only worthless but disgusting. -- In Dwarf Fortress you have another paradigm. Gather as much of that smelly herb as you can and toss it at your enemy, fracturing his skull through the +capybara man leather cap+.

arzzult

• Bay Watcher
  • This statement is false.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2012, 06:02:46 pm »

But I don't think being a husk makes it [NOT_LIVING]. just apposed to life, which is why they fight.
I just realized two things. 1. For the Win and F___ the World have the same initials. 2. They have the same meaning in Dwarf Fortress.

OMGTANGERINES

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2012, 11:36:18 am »

I have a small contribution. My Wicked Dust Clouds have been knocking out migrant waves, so I also decided to experiment a bit.
Generally, it seems like edged weapons are able to cut off parts and render husks and thralls (even with their incredible muscles) largely harmless; however, the dust coating seems to be deadly in some way. If any of it landed on my dwarves (armored as they are) they instantly died and then reanimated as thralls about a day later.
The only way to really kill them seems to be a lucky hit that causes the lower/upper body to sail off in an arc. Anything else will just reduce it to a quivering heap of jelly that keeps moving around.
Also, tame animals will attack dwarves without hesistation.

Edit: cutting off the head (not breaking it, mind you) seems to also work.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:38:47 am by OMGTANGERINES »
We were hoping for a constant fort at some point, having players in different time zones so that the fort never actually stopped running.  Come back overnight and find a giant penis has been constructed.  Glory to the penis gods.
Pages: 1 2 [3]