Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Let's Get Murdered : VH/VH Numidia Campaign (72: Finale)  (Read 11566 times)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Get Murdered : RTW VH/VH Numidia Campaign (Part 58 : 2 Stacks, 1 cup)
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2012, 06:51:15 pm »

Works for me.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2012, 11:18:50 pm »

@Stworca: Glad you like it. Such slaughter reminds me of one battle I had.

It was in Barbarian Invasion, and I was playing as the Goths vs the Huns. I had about 3 stacks of Hun cavalry sieging one of my towns with a few infantry, one general and 2 or 3 other cavalry units.
I realised I had no chance to defend the town if the Huns breached the wall, so I sent my general and the cavalry outside to die valiantly. This caused the enemy forces to reform their line, and I saw their general split from the masses. The rest of the battle saw me charging my dwindling cavalry all around the enemy forces picking off their generals, which they had about 5-6 of.
After frantic attempts to keep the chain routing going I ended up managing to forge a victory with some stupidly high number of deaths that I wrote down somewhere. It was something like 300 of mine to 12000 of theirs.

Cavalry are really nasty in Rome: Total War. I think partly because they don't really slow down or stop charging even when they're exhausted.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2012, 12:05:50 am »

I think they're more deadly in Medieval. Especially given the phalanxes and fucking legionaries (man, how DO they work?).
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile

Updated the thread up until part 63 (SPECIAL!)

Four major battles, including combat usage of peasants. Can peasants cause a chain rout? Let's find out!

The End has begun.  :o
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Get Murdered : VH/VH Numidia Campaign (72: Finale)
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2012, 02:38:33 am »

It took me some time, but i've finally updated the thread. We won. The deed is done. Took about 30ish hours, so much longer than expected.

Thank You all for watching, and Mech for ze Art.
For those interested, i'm continuing with a modded Thrace run on youtube, but i believe Bay12 had enough Total War from me.

Regards
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]