Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Let's Get Murdered : VH/VH Numidia Campaign (72: Finale)  (Read 11570 times)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Get Murdered : RTW - VH/VH Numidian Campaign (Part 41 up)
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2012, 03:13:41 am »

Don't forget multiple Armenian and Parthian stacks on their way to counterattack, and Brutii just waiting until i advance too far.
Perhap i should capture Antioch for Pontus to join the fun.. hmm.

I shan't voice my opinion on how it goes, let's hear what you (viewers) have to say :D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 07:24:26 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2012, 12:32:16 pm »

Talking about hard situations I'm playing my very first campaign and uh.... I am in some deep trouble. There's an army of 1300 that is consisting of literally nothing but hoplites, militia hoplites, and armoured hoplites. It's on medium difficulty and I am having some real trouble fighting them, even with spears not lowered I take tons of casualties on each charge against them. What's your advice on fighting a pure hoplite army from the greek cities that doesn't have a general?

EDIT: I can offer screenshots of my armies if you'd like for a better analysis. It's basically a mix of light cavalry, some heavy infantry, some skirmishers and only one unit of archers and gaelic slingers I managed to hire by luck via the mercenary menu. I am the House of Brutii.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 12:55:55 pm by Blackray Jack »

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2012, 01:43:36 pm »

Aside from armored hoplites, a simple charge in the back line will work. Let your heavy infantry take them head on (throw javelins! ALL of them!) and once the phalanxes are engaged, charge with cavalry in the back.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2012, 01:48:25 pm »

Hey Stworca, why wouldn't you use onagers or other siege weapons to kill unkillable stuff that is sitting on the town square? If they come after you, you can encircle and capture them. If they stay still, you can slowly grind them to death ^^

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2012, 01:55:55 pm »

In Huge cities with stone walls they do not reach the town square.
I've used balistas for that purpose once, but it took a while, so i stopped bothering or caring. It's a recurring theme in this LP. Something happens before i didn't bother to prepare enough to prevent it... Oh well  :o
It will be explained more in part 47.

At any rate : i treated this thingama..bla.. as a secondary objective, the primary being bringing back text LP's. Tremble and despair, as as soon as i get Alexander expansion, we will be making one last run with a lovely mod, and Dick Mountainjoy himself leading.. Bay12 generals.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 02:02:58 pm by Stworca »

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I notice that when you direct units to move, previously moved units destinations show up to help you be more specific in your positioning. How do you do this?

PS: I got past that one battle when I forced them into a battle on a really weird looking field that sank big time in the middle.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile

I notice that when you direct units to move, previously moved units destinations show up to help you be more specific in your positioning. How do you do this?

Press [Space bar] and hold it.

I'll upload a part or two of the LP later today, but for now, let me leave you with a... trailer.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 06:23:14 am by Stworca »

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you for the help, it's making things go alot smoother although admittedly makes things a bit too easy, no matter!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

Isn't that mod already hard enough on the hardest difficulty without any heavy cavalry in your army?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile

Normally : Yes.
But! Since it's going to be my very last dance with TW : No.

For Syracuse Stworcagrad to conquer the entire world is a drunken madman's dream. Historically Syracuse, while being an amazing city, got curbstomped by it's neighbors the second they broke the peace treaties.

I hope to see You as an active General / Governor in the Syracusan campaign, as it will be as interactive as it gets.
With one exception : The faction leader is going to be immortal (age)

Also : parts 46-48 added to the index. Part 49 being uploaded just now. Numidian Campaign takes a turn in 49, and stage 3 begins.

Edit : wait just a minute.. are You questioning my.. failness? :o
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:45:06 pm by Stworca »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Get Murdered : RTW - VH/VH Numidian Campaign (Part 48 : Pontus, hey!)
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2012, 03:55:38 pm »

I was intending to question your sanity actually.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Get Murdered : RTW - VH/VH Numidian Campaign (Part 48 : Pontus, hey!)
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2012, 05:29:42 pm »

If you have the time - and are willing to - i'd love to see your thoughts on that very run.
That goes to everyone. You will, after all, have a huge impact on our actions. Sometimes even deciding what's what :o .

Failing is pretty much a certainty, so making it interactive spreads the "FUN".

Edit : Added part 49. Stage 3 (last?) has begun.
On the eastern front : Parthians approach from the East, Armenians from the North, Pontus from the West. Total number of stacks? (some revealed in following videos) 10+ for certain.
In Greece : We prepare for a counter-attack, as our regular army lands there, finally. Still, Corinth and Athens are buffer states against Brutii, the "number 1" contender.
In Italy : we slowly push north, luring Julii and Brutii back to "The boot". The last actually outnumber us greatly. Post-reform units too.
In Spain : Total control is one step away.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:39:49 pm by Stworca »

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2012, 07:30:53 pm »

Talking about hard situations I'm playing my very first campaign and uh.... I am in some deep trouble. There's an army of 1300 that is consisting of literally nothing but hoplites, militia hoplites, and armoured hoplites. It's on medium difficulty and I am having some real trouble fighting them, even with spears not lowered I take tons of casualties on each charge against them. What's your advice on fighting a pure hoplite army from the greek cities that doesn't have a general?

EDIT: I can offer screenshots of my armies if you'd like for a better analysis. It's basically a mix of light cavalry, some heavy infantry, some skirmishers and only one unit of archers and gaelic slingers I managed to hire by luck via the mercenary menu. I am the House of Brutii.

Yeah, it takes a bit of getting used to before you can take down phalanxes comfortably. Here's what you do: take your equites and bait the enemy army's flanks. Some of the hoplites will peel off after you... verrry slowly. Let them come after you a bit, withdraw, and bait the main army line some more. Soon, you'll have a bunch of individual phalanxes crawling around in all directions. Take a couple of hastati and velites and javelin them to death piecemeal. You may run out of javelins before they all die, but you'll have a much smaller army to deal with, and you can just surround them.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Get Murdered : RTW - VH/VH Numidian Campaign (Part 49 : All-out)
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2012, 02:39:38 pm »

Swortca, I just wanted to thank you from all the good time I had with your LPs. I'm leaving Bay12 (because damn, I realize I barely have a life outside of it), but I really had some very fun time.

May the spirit of Dick Mountainjoin be with you forever.

Bye.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Get Murdered : RTW - VH/VH Numidian Campaign (Part 49 : All-out)
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2012, 03:46:28 pm »

Good night, sweet prince. Stworca, let's get dorfin' Stworcagradin'.

What is your plan for not dying?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9