Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: In Persuit of Terror  (Read 27043 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: In Persuit of Terror
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2012, 05:08:18 pm »

Best thing I can think of is an atom smasher... OR a bridge over a pit that leads to the magma sea. The second one sounds dwarfier.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2012, 05:15:01 pm »

(i would like)Lever operated hammer traps, similar to spike traps to create an undead-mincer to make sure theres nothing left to animate. Unless we end up with sausage filling carpets becoming animate and forcing themselves into dwarven orifices to cause them to suffocate/explode adding to the animatable offal mince.

On topic. Any way to effectively grind undead without cheating or magma
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Angel-of-Dusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2012, 05:24:27 pm »

Im feel sadistic.

I just found a triple desert biome haunted embark.

Dwarf Fortress: Triple Trouble Time

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2012, 06:02:32 pm »

Anybody want to suggest what we do when we have a nice, zombie-safe fortress going, and one of our legendary fighters dies in the hospital from wounds? And then Urist McWarriorzombie goes around and kills half of everyone in the fort? Which then come back as zombies?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2012, 06:12:46 pm »

Anybody want to suggest what we do when we have a nice, zombie-safe fortress going, and one of our legendary fighters dies in the hospital from wounds? And then Urist McWarriorzombie goes around and kills half of everyone in the fort? Which then come back as zombies?
That's why I build locks. Any part of the fortress can be sequestered from the others.  You need to seal up the undead and pray you survive the tantrum spiral.

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2012, 03:19:02 am »

Hospitals should be set up as quarantine wards. Each room gets a bed and all the materials needed (table, bench, supplies) independently of the other rooms. A system to allow outside to come in to take care of the patient that then reseals the room solid (pressure plate for drawbridge maybe?). Key is outside can come in but not the other way around. Add a lever to perma open the door until the room gets re-occupied with a patient. Worst case you'll lose one/two dwarves in the room if patient goes zombie while the medical staff are in there with him. Once a room has a zombie in it, either flood it with magma and come back a few hours later and see how it is or dismantle the method to enter the room and seal with something solid like a solid steel wall over the door. Every patient has the possibility of going zombie on you, treat them as such. Serious injuries that you believe the odds of recovering are low have a special hospital for that they go into the rooms, then just get sealed inside.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2012, 04:15:57 am »

I have two embarks (on the same world) featuring evil rain, evil mist, wormy soil, the undead and no aquifer. I'm not 100% sure it has iron though. I haven't delved much into it (went and got me a mod).

Do you want me to upload it or have you found one already? Ah whatever. Someone might want it.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5581

Be sure to follow the instructions though, because there are parts of the evil which are missing rain and the undead and such.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 04:39:36 am by Mitchewawa »
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Draximo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2012, 04:24:10 am »

One thing im doing, is an embark half good half evil with a brook in the middle, which the first winter i made sure to build a nice ice tower lol. so far ive made a pit in the resurrection side for all my corpses and refuse, so if i want to make a sacrifice of a particular tantrum prone dwarf, or open the gate for some siege fun for the gobbos i can lol. another thing i wanted to do was build a holding area for a fort, abandon, get hundreds of corpse followers as a necromancer and leave them there (do levers work in adv mode cause i could trap them easier then). Then i would reclaim my fort with an army of undead waiting to be released on the first siege lol. what do you think?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]